My theory has been for a while that the Main Leads are now starting to fight back. Second Male Leads & even Second Female Leads get such a big advantage with the audience. Some cases the audience will leave with a bad taste in their mouths towards the main leads. I have seen it many times. You are suppose to leave in love with your favourites not the other way around.

I have watched every episode released and clearly see the new pattern trend evolving in this drama that will leave the audience satisfied.

1. Wang Hedi & Esther Yu story as Mains developing nicely. Developing extremely well! 

2. Charles Lin as WANG Hedi support starting now to develop a bigger role, more so now with Esther's friend in the drama 'Jieli'. 

These are the 2 main parings, but where does that leave 'Zhang Ling He'? Does he get his heart broken, will the audience cry for him when Esther rejects him?.... My answer is 'No'!!

Third pairing I see clearly in motion as the story evolves is 'Zhang Ling He' character & the fairy maid 'Wang Yue Yi' actress.  Trust me, as much as we enjoy love triangles it can do harm to some actors & can help others usually the loser. This way once the heartbreaking scene comes to the second male lead, there will be a support actress that comes to both his & the audience rescue & everyone wins. 

THIS DRAMA IS REALLY AMAZING

Agreed. i really like the actor Zhang ling he and i guess that's like 80% of the reason why i like the SML but can't deny the ML and FL are destined for each other. Tried to find out the fate of the SML but turns out he doesn't even exist in the novel and was created for the drama! Lol they sure made a perfect SML and like what you have said, the audience really like such characters like the "good side" of heavenly realm and calm nature... just like SML in ashes of love Ren Yu and ML of Eternal Love. Hey actually the SML story really resembles that of Eternal Love. ML loves the FL but has an arranged marriage with someone else who is actually the FL. The difference is that he made moves since he was ML. 

I guess the jealous fairy maid is also created just for the drama. So in the end either they will be paired up together or both will remain single alive or dead.

SML needs to be left single for the audiences. This way some of us can fantasize about rescuing him LOL. I'm sure that's what the fairies on the show will be thinking. 

NotOkayThankYou:

SML needs to be left single for the audiences. This way some of us can fantasize about rescuing him LOL. I'm sure that's what the fairies on the show will be thinking. 

The Old saying used to be....

The First Male Lead is for the Female Lead

& The Second Male Lead is for the audience

But this proves that the Male &  Female Lead will leave the show at a disadvantage. The audience will want to see more of the Second Male Lead, rather than the ML &  FL.... Simple solution which will happen, SML just gets paired with a Fairy Maid

The advantage at end of the drama will be the audience leaves wanting more from the Main Leads. The producers need to protect the interest of their big stars, in the past they have failed that for some actors &  actresses. 

mimosaleaf:

Agreed. i really like the actor Zhang ling he and i guess that's like 80% of the reason why i like the SML but can't deny the ML and FL are destined for each other. Tried to find out the fate of the SML but turns out he doesn't even exist in the novel and was created for the drama! Lol they sure made a perfect SML and like what you have said, the audience really like such characters like the "good side" of heavenly realm and calm nature... just like SML in ashes of love Ren Yu and ML of Eternal Love. Hey actually the SML story really resembles that of Eternal Love. ML loves the FL but has an arranged marriage with someone else who is actually the FL. The difference is that he made moves since he was ML. 

I guess the jealous fairy maid is also created just for the drama. So in the end either they will be paired up together or both will remain single alive or dead.

'A Love So Beautiful'  is the best example I have. The audience left furious.

I get that Shen Yue &  Hu YiTian have their fan bases but felt that really did hurt them moving forward to some degree. Gao Zhi Ting however even til this day his brand gets stronger &  now even finished a drama with WU Xuan Yi a Top 10 actress so the demand for him keeps coming.

If that drama would have given the Wu Bosong character closure in the end, the audience would have been satisfied &  happy at same time. Instead it kind shut the door again to some degree on the Mains &  completely left the door for Gao Zhi Ting wide open which top actresses like Xu Lu, Jelly Lin, Wu Xianyi,  Zhang Jianing have taken complete advantage of!