How far is the trek to safety on foot for RuGu in ep 15?

I've done some mapping, researching, and finding the following information.  Feel free to add more information.

Current road infrastructures are safer, and more connected and direct than ancient time. Using current conditions, here are the stats walking:

8 days
200 hours
600 miles
1000 km

YouZhou is the ancient city of where Beijing's vicinity/region is currently.

Given they were weak and low on food, the trip probably would have taken RuGu much more than 8 days.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Yangzhou,+Jiangsu,+China/Qingzhou,+Weifang,+Shandong,+China/Beijing,+China/@36.0411954,112.6303416,6z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m21!4m20!1m5!1m1!1s0x35b67d5e11326c23:0xd2a9ae7df2b45af8!2m2!1d119.41269!2d32.3935799!1m5!1m1!1s0x35eab9d2ab487875:0xe0b8d747a7270f1f!2m2!1d118.4796599!2d36.6845599!1m5!1m1!1s0x35f05296e7142cb9:0xb9625620af0fa98a!2m2!1d116.407395!2d39.904211!3e2!4e1?entry=ttu

Im not really sure of timeframes but it was longer than eight days. In the book they had to hide and backtrack to avoid capture a-lot. After mom and the merchants arrived Zhou Ye spent two weeks searching for GS and LY before he found them. So maybe three or more weeks? 

In ep 16, when Mrs. Gu met RuGu again at the new house, she commented that it's been three months since they last saw each other. The three months include 2 convalescent  periods in YangZhou and YouZhou. So,  the trekking period could be anywhere between 3 - 8 weeks.  The 8 days noted above is just based on google maps if one were to walk today from YangZhou to Beijing via QingZhou for duration reference.

Given how healed his wrist wounds were, they were probably sleeping off their trek for a couple weeks of illness. And after that spear to his shoulder Im convinced the first period of illness had to be at least a week or two.  Otherwise how could he carry that bag?  So say four weeks of trekking? The had to escape the first province, go through famine and flood refugees and that desert all while weak and avoiding being captured. 

Noticed this discussion, so in case it was of interest to other viewers, I thought I would repost (with edits) a reply I made in the comments to someone asking about the history of these places (and the fact that the same names appeared in Who Rules the World).

YANGZHOU is supposedly roughly where modern day Jiangsu, Anhui, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Fujian, Jiangxi, provinces and parts of Hubei, Hunan and Guangdong are located, according to one historical text, but it seems like the credibility of all the existing historical texts are in dispute, so it's hard to pinpoint it's the exact geography. Modern day Yangzhou falls within these boundaries, but would fall in the northern part of the estimated region.

QINGZHOU is supposedly roughly where modern Shandong province is located

YOUZHOU at one point covered roughly Shanxi, Shandong, parts of Hebei, Liaoning, and Inner Mongolia provinces. As it shrank over time, it apparently became roughly where modern Beijing would be located.

So essentially, GJS and LYR travelled from the south to quite far north over the course of three months, including rest and recovery time. Given how far south Yangzhou may have stretched and how far north Youzhou stretched, their trek could have been twice as long. And assuming they fictionalized (or at least weren't being super precise) with the real-world geography/location, I'm guessing they were crossing the equivalent of the Gobi desert.

There are links to fuller articles about the historical places here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Provinces

In both dramas, from what I can tell, they took names of real places in ancient China, but fictionalized the historical context (number of states ruled by the emperor/who ruled/how it was governed, etc.) Someone more familiar with the history and geography would probably have a better idea if they used similar geography or if they completely fictionalized the location as well. My sense is that they approximated the geography, but took some liberties as well in Destined. WRTW is highly fictionalized from what I can tell.

Dang. That is a long walk.