hmm... what about the untamed? >.<

Does THE UNTAMED count as a bromance?

If their regards are BL, there is everywhere Bromance. But nothing visible except they are watching them,  each author : it's so beautiful and strong. 

The Untamed is not here??? :) it's a BL :)

The Untamed has nothing to do with BL

It's a BL project :) if you read the book you may understand the BL parts from the series way better, the most direct ones are, the fact that they end up cultivating together ("combined" cultivation) it's explained in the book what it means, in the series, the meaning is only hinted by Jiang Cheng's mother and the second one is our main guys "wedding" scene. There are a lot of scenes that have hidden meaning, they are not explained with words but are shown, it's up to the people to research the meaning, if not there are a lot of Chinese people that have explanations on youtube for the scenes (if people didn't read the book), explaining, names, traditional things and meaning, legends and inspirations and other hidden messages or symbols that are connected and deeply embedded in Chinese traditions and culture. Also, the soundtrack is also very important as each song is representing the main characters and the lyrics are important as well, they were specially chosen for a reason. The international special edition version is made even more obvious.

The story at first was written first with Wei Wuxian and Wen Qing as  "main-couple", the information was leaked during filming and the fans boycotted the series so they made an official declaration saying they will keep it as the book. In the end, even the official description is "adaptation was censored with homoerotic subtexts instead due to China's ban of LGBT portrayals in films." Even the director talked about certain scenes and explaining the meaning.

Even if it's not an open BL it can 100% be a Bl 'hinted at' project, but for the people that understood the easter eggs, it's obvious.

Thank you but i know everything about this series, and i know about book too. Yes maybe it’s hinted at, but it’s really hard to understand it’s bl or not. So it’s labeled as not bl. I’m trying to say that

If you go and read the source material, you would understand what we're talking about. The whole headband debacle, the drunk Lan Zhan, and all the Lan rule breaking by Lan Zhan himself for Wei Ying. That ALL is BL

Also hinted BL is still part of this thread.

I argued about this a long time ago and it was decided to create the "Censored Romance" tag to group all the chinese dramas based on BL novels, starting with The Untamed. To this day It's the drama that has gotten away with the most gay subtext references, considering the strict censorship laws in China. The fact that it belongs to LGBT content is undeniable but because it's forbidden, not even the actors can talk about it openly, that would just cause them trouble.

NoirRoseHeart:

Craving You: https://mydramalist.com/67455-craving-you

Just saw this one on the director's YouTube channel: https://mydramalist.com/79481-jump-the-boy

The 2nd one is too short but I added the 1st one, thanks!

Ceki:

The 2nd one is too short but I added the 1st one, thanks!

I think it might need edited. I'm thinking it actually has around 10-15 episodes, but I have a hard time understanding since it is in Chinese. I'll re-post it if I can figure out if the info is correct or not.

If you are still marking them as so, then I would mark Bro and Me as *hinted at and Mermaid Sauna as *side story. I'm not too sure about mermaid sauna though. I just watched it, but the whole body swap thing made it kind of confusing, but I myself, wouldn't say the main focus was a gay relationship.

The Untamed is still not up on this list? I would be happy even if it was tagged "bromance" or "hinted at". Please add it to the list.