Hi,

I'am looking for a good 'realistic' Wuxia drama. 
For example I think Young Warriors of the Yang clan was very good. 
This was mostly because it was 'realistic' done:
  • - Barely/to no CGI
  • - Barely/No over the top magic
  • - Realistic story
Sadly, I can't find any recommendations on MDL, probably because it's pretty old.

The drama's I've tried and didnt like:
  • - Nirvana in Fire (only watched EP1), very weird plot (imo) and no action
  • - The Four, too much CGI and unrealistic things, like they were standing on a 'tower' which was clearly CGI 
  • - The Myth, lack of action
  • - Chinese Paladin, CGI/Magic..
Drama I liked:
  • - Young Warriors of the Yang Clan
  • - Young hero Fong Sai Yuk (very old one)
  • - The Myth (movie from Jackie Chan)
  • - Scarlet Heart (Korean version)
  • - Warriors of Yang Clan (2004 ver)
I hope someone could recommend a good drama (pref not too old, cause they are hard too find with eng subs).
I would be very thankful!

PS: I don't mean to disrespect any drama, it's just my opinion why I don't like them, I can understand why others would like them.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna check them out!
REALISTIC! .... Young Warriors is realistic b/c it is based on real General Yang .... U've also watched the other good version Warriors of the Yang Clan ...

I can't guarantee good CGI, as most of it is bad, especially in older C-dramas .... But it is limited.
Some other good ones based in reality:

Scarlet Heart / Bu Bu Jing Xin --- The original and best version ... Excellent writing .... very little CGI and very little fighting, so Not a Wuxia.
Sound of the Desert  ---  Historical fiction ... very very good ...  little CGI (but not good) .... more fighting than above ... still, Not Wuxia

Prince of Lang Ling --- Wuxia w/ little CGI ... very good story.... although has magic, still, more realistic than others.
Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber (2002 C-drama)  --- little CGI (but bad) b/c it is older .... since you liked Alex Su's WotYC, this is similar production.
Legend of the Condor Heroes  (2008) --- very famous Wuxia novel ... done well ...CGI is not bad and too much.
Cuo Dian Yuan Yang ---  Not exactly Wuxia, just some and very little CGI ... good story, realistic.     

Hmm.. sorry about that, I didn't notice that most of the Wuxia Dramas I've mentioned are fantasy, cos I love fantasy so much!! :)
And she said "not too old" so I gave her some new dramas...
Some "REALISTIC" dramas I would recommend:

Three Kingdoms
The Empress of China
Legend of Hua Mulan
Heroes in Sui and Tang Dynasties
Noble Aspirations
The Imperial Doctress
The Princess Wei Young
The Vigilantes in Masks
Swords of Legends
Singing All Along
Hehe thnx for the list guys! Will look it up!!
I really recommend journey of flower BUT it has cheesy CGI. You kinda 'get over it' as it goes on as you get dragged into the story. The story though is brill. Ten miles of peach blossoms also has bad CGI but s worth a watch.
I always hear good things bout Prince of Lan Ling but it's been on hold in my lit for a long time. I can't get into it.
Currently watching Ice Fantasy. Only 4 episodes in but looks promising. It definitely has the worst CGI i have ever seen but i don't mind it.

Nirvana in fire is a masterpiece you should have watched more episodes