I'm new to C-fantasy/historical dramas, and I'm looking for recommendations.  I'm specifically looking for ones with happy endings.  I don't mind angst and sadness during the drama, but I want the leads to end up alive and together.  I have the following on my list to watch: Ancient Love Poetry; Eternal Love; The Romance of Tiger and Rose; and The Story of Ming Lan.

Can anyone confirm that these do indeed have happy endings?  And can anyone recommend others with happy endings?  I do realize that I'm limiting myself, but this is my preference :)  Real life has enough sad endings, I don't want them in my dramas too :)

Not watched Story of ming lan yet.

But the others are a match for you.

I'd also add to that list:

Ashes of Love    

Love and Redemption   

Thanks!  My daughter has watched Ashes of Love and she said it would make me mad lol.

You might like to try some light dramas :) A Girl Like Me and the currently airing Ms. Cupid in Love are two which are in my head right now ^^’

Both of those sound interesting!  Thanks!

never2muchcoffee:

Both of those sound interesting!  Thanks!

You’re welcome :) Although I have to say I’m unsure of the ending for Ms. Cupid in Love since it’s still airing ^^’ But the show is pretty much a comedy rom-com so fingers crossed that it will have a happy ending!

If you only want something "light", romance, comedy, fluffy-ness, and nothing too stressful to watch, then I recommend these (I haven't watched too many cdrama so this is only from what I have watched):

Truth or Dare   
The Romance of Tiger and Rose   
My Girlfriend is an Alien   
Fake Princess   

Thank you! Tiger and Rose is already on my to-watch list, I'll check out the other titles.

Story of minglan has a happy ending and also it is a great drama.

General's lady, chef hua, maiden holmes - they all are very lighthearted.

My Roommate is a Gumiho, Hotel del luna

Sabda Yagra :

My Roommate is a Gumiho, Hotel del luna

The request is for c-dramas I think...both of these are kdramas.

The Story of Ming Lan is an excellent drama. At 73 episodes, the length is a little panic inducing, but none of the episodes drag and the show is totally worth the time commitment.