Can someone tell me what to expect in fantasy and historical C-dramas in respect to skinship and kissing?   I'd just like to know what to expect since I mainly watch Kdramas and the occasional TWdrama or Jdrama.

I feel like it's comparable between cdrama and kdrama.

But difference maybe is that women in cdrama seem to be more free and equal to men than they are in kdrama, where they are more subjugated. So women in cdrama seem to have more freedom to "be loose" or so to speak, while in kdrama they have to be very conservative in behavior.

But both very conservative societies, historically speaking, so I don't expect a lot of kissing anyway.

Thank you.  The only historical Cdrama I've seen is Perfect Couple and was a bit disappointed because (if I remember right), the romance and chemistry seemed good but all it did was tease, if that makes any sense.  Built up the tension but never satisfying it - I don't even remember if there was a kiss.  Or maybe my memory is clouded by how the drama ended :)  Anyway, I was just wondering if that was the norm, or just how that drama was scripted.

It's hit or miss. I would say on average there's probably less kissing and stuff than a modern Korean or Taiwanese drama or even Chinese drama.

So yeah, you're probably going to see a lot of teasing, a lot of looks, probably a decent amount of hugging/holding but not nearly as much kissing from what I can recall. 

As an example - I can't recall a memorable kiss in The Long Ballad between the leads, I can in say Joy of Life remember at least one memorable kiss and I can recall a few kisses in The Wolf Princess plus other stuff, probably one of the more "risky" historical dramas I've seen recently.

My memory could be failing me on this though. Like maybe the leads in The Long Ballad did have a memorable kiss between the leads.

Thank you for giving me a better idea of what to expect.

Hah, yes, I watched the Long Ballad, great drama. And I don't remember a kiss :) but for sure there was romance.

I finished watching Fake Princess yesterday, awesome drama, very fluffy and cute. In the early episodes there was something you would not see in kdrama - spoiler warning:

So after the fake princess married the crown prince, some things happened, and the crown prince comes to the bedroom for "consummation" finding her in the bed with most of her clothes off, even belly bare, smiling at him. This would not happen in kdrama, lol.