I know Chinese dramas are often dubbed but are Taiwanese dramas dubbed too?

I don't know about Taiwan. I feel like there are no noteworthy Taiwan dramas to watch.  But Hongkong dramas dubbed as well. 

GentleRain:

I don't think. 

Oh okay, thanks!

bunnyfreakz:

I don't know about Taiwan. I feel like there are no noteworthy Taiwan dramas to watch.  But Hongkong dramas dubbed as well. 

I've never watched Hong Kong dramas but that's good to know.

aad:

I've never watched Hong Kong dramas but that's good to know.

HK dramas was quite popular back than especially old TVB dramas. They did similar thing.

aad:

I know Chinese dramas are often dubbed but are Taiwanese dramas dubbed too?

modern taiwanese dramas are not dubbed.  but back in the days, when they used to do costume dramas, pretty sure most of those were dubbed.  but that was a looooong time ago.  

bunnyfreakz:
I don't know about Taiwan. I feel like there are no noteworthy Taiwan dramas to watch.

it's true that these days, there are not very many great dramas from taiwan.  but back in the heydays, didn't taiwan start the idol drama trend?  and there are still some good ones, once in awhile, these days.  

purpleh2o:

modern taiwanese dramas are not dubbed.  but back in the days, when they used to do costume dramas, pretty sure most of those were dubbed.  but that was a looooong time ago.  

it's true that these days, there are not very many great dramas from taiwan.  but back in the heydays, didn't taiwan start the idol drama trend?  and there are still some good ones, once in awhile, these days.  

I start to think drama dubbed depends on genre. I feel costume dramas mostly dubbed but modern drama usually is not. Yang Mi always been dubbed but when she play modern drama,  she never dubbed. 

It also depends on the actor. Zhao Wei never been dubbed for her entire career. So no decisive rule about dubbing. 

No I haven't come across a Taiwanese drama being dubbed yet. And I don't really think it will happen with the newer dramas either.

The biggest reason why people dubbed is to create sterile accent. It is pretty important on costume drama or historical drama. Have certain accent can break a world building and character.

Taiwanese do not make historical dramas as far I know. 

purpleh2o:

ah okay

Lou:

No I haven't come across a Taiwanese drama being dubbed yet. And I don't really think it will happen with the newer dramas either.

I see, thanks!

bunnyfreakz:
The biggest reason why people dubbed is to create sterile accent. It is pretty important on costume drama or historical drama. Have certain accent can break a world building and character.

Does that apply to Chinese dramas too or just Taiwanese dramas?

bunnyfreakz:
Taiwanese do not make historical dramas as far I know. 

not anymore.  i was talking about 30 to 40 years ago.  lol

bunnyfreakz:

aad:
Does that apply to Chinese dramas too or just Taiwanese dramas?

i think bunnyfreakz was talking about chinese dramas here.  as taiwan no longer makes any costume dramas.