please tell me whether I should watch or not and spoilers/episodes of key points please

That drama has very high rating and a lot of recommendation, but it also start EXTREMELY SLOW, I watched until ep 8 and dropped it for now because it feels so boring. I have watched quite a lot of dramas (you can check my list) and imo The Story Of Ming Lan is the slowest one I've ever watched. 

What makes it especially annoying is it actually start when the titular character was a little kid, usually in other dramas, they start the worldbuilding immediately when the main characters are in their adult version and then add flashback later AFTER you're already hooked into the story, but here is basically like a biography of her since she was a kid, it's really boring like it's very slice of life, no mystery, no investigation, no politics, no action scenes, no adventure, no romance, in fact it is basically devoid of "tags," it's not a thriller, it's not comedy, it's not romance, etc. If you don't mind that you should give it a try, I heard some people basically forcing themselves to push through and watch until ep 20 or so when it start to become interesting.

Maybe in the future I will give it a try.

Yes, it's a slow start, and also I was very confused about who the main characters were because in the first 10 or so episodes the focus is very scattered between different characters.

But once you're 20 or so episodes in then it becomes much clearer and watching the drama is much better.

Overall it's a masterpiece, but not maybe all will like it.

my question only simple...

Are you ready for long episode...? because this is one damn long drama for sure. And they FL & ML story only begin in the second half of the drama. Before that purely about FL family. The ML not even in the pic most of the time

If you want to see the FL & ML in action fast. This for sure something u'll not gonna want to watch. But if you have the patient to watch I think this drama is one of the masterpiece that you should watch....