2nd round episode 11

Will T.  -   KafeHu  and WatchMe  were battling and they all sang emotional songs

The most votes went to WatchMe en KafeHu so unfortunately Will T. had to leave even tho he left a big impression on me. 

He is now one of my favourites because he has many different styles of performing. He is now also  called the Darkest Horse of Rap of China 2020.

Will T.  is a hard shell soft kernel

iQIYI already uploaded some performances of episode 11

Did anyone notice that Will T. was not himself from the start of this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvEf3Uf39pY&list=PLTX9pGhvnv4VMki5pTH8V0OIzvFv3MCdI&index=62 

I'm talking to me myself and I     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Hi! I noticed you’re watching the show? I just watched the most recent episode and I’m so impressed. I’ve liked the previous performances a ton, but I feel like they were on another level here. Who are you rooting for? I like Kafe.Hu, and also Gali. 

(Sorry, I don’t usually talk on mdl haha)

Don't be sorry, I'm glad you're taking time to write, I'm kinda honoured in a way :))

I'm not sure who to root for yet coz they have completely different personalities and styles. I think i lean toward Gali, even tho his performances in the beginning of this show were better.

KafeHu is a poetic man with a distinctive voice. He can go to New Orleans as a jazz / blues singer aaaaand he's also one hell of a rapper..... I don't know yet 

Whooohooo almost time for the finale

Yes!!! After finishing the second half of the eleventh episode, where they’re all talking, I’m even more excited. I really like the contestants and producers.  I honestly think any of the four could win, they’re all so talented. I can’t wait for their last performances, I’m sure they’re going to be amazing. 

A small report of the 1st round of the finals in last episode.

They started with a fantastic show with all the final contestants of 2018 and 2019.

Then I saw that all contestants of this season were also there, what gave me some goose-bumps :)

1st performance was from Jane Zhang and GALI.....they had a awesome performance and the whole team joined as a team. Really impressive.

2th perf. was Kris Wu and JelloRio. It was a so so performance, nothing special....except the trousers and long socks of Kris, haha 

3th perf. was GAI and Watch Me.....and Oh my that was also fantastic. The combining of old Chinese instruments/music and modern hip-hop that was......YAH

4th perf. last Will P. and Kafe.Hu it was a good combination Will with his hip-hop and R&B voice and that special raw voice of Kafe. That was really something else.....loved it.  Will was disappointed more with himself than anything else  but in my opinion he resonated that in to the audience and that's no good for your score. 

Anywho....The score.... and this were the results GALI 60.3  -  Kafe.Hu 39.1  -  JelloRio 51.2 and WatchMe 49.4     Do the math...... Kafe.Hu had to leave and gave a heart warming speech. This guy is unique / special.

Ready for the second round....excited

felicismoon:
I can’t wait for their last performances, I’m sure they’re going to be amazing. 

And did you see it?  What did you think of the voting? It was really heads on !

I finally finished watching the final episode and wow. I have a lot of thoughts haha. I was really happy with the performances this episode; I think they were some of the best in the entire show. And the way they did the voting really built a lot of suspense. Also, I liked how they had rappers doing the voting because it felt more “legitimate” to me than the random audience members earlier in the show. Idk. And I was happy with the results for the last round, I liked JelloRio‘s performance a lot more than Watch Me’s. 

But man I am so upset about Benzo lmao. He’s been my favorite contestant for the entire show, and I was beyond excited when they brought him back, only to be absolutely crushed when he got eliminated. I think he’s so talented, I really wish he’d won ;-; also I was sad about Kafe.Hu and Gali’s eliminations, especially Gali’s. I loved Gali’s performance in that round so much, and the voting was so close it really got my hopes up :/ 

But in general I’m pretty happy with this episode, and the show as a whole. What did you think?? c:

I was thinking almost the exact same thing, that I can almost quote your post :D 

I really wanted Gali to win the final even tho they were all good in their own way ofcourse.

And that JelloRio won just one vote more than Gali had more to do with his Love lyrics than the performance as a whole ..... a well I was a little disappointed at that moment :(  Did you noticed that the women applauded and screamed more for Jello,  just coz of the lyrics

Benzo....my heart  jumped when he came in yes he is also one of my favorites from the start but sadly I thought this wasn't one of his best performances T_T

Unfortunately the show is over....and I really enjoyed it. Not a lot of MDL members like hip-hop and rap so I'm grateful that you posted on this otherwise "lonely" thread ^_* 

I've read your profile and if you still need help with finding your way through the MDL site just send me a direct message maybe I can help 

Heads up for The Rap of China 2021

With the passage of time, this year's "2021 China New Rap" is now officially launched, and the new season's competition system and mentor lineup have been exposed online!

First of all, I regret to tell everyone that the instructor of "2021 China New Rap" ushered in a big change. Wu Yifan and Pan Weibo, who have joined for four consecutive years, have officially withdrawn!

For the core producer Wu Yifan's exit this year, we need to say a few more words!

It is undeniable that the reason why "China New Rap" has received so much attention in the past four years is absolutely inseparable from Wu Yifan's traffic. It is no exaggeration to say that Kris Wu has at least half the credit for the success of this show.

The biggest reason why Wu Yifan has joined for four consecutive years is nothing more than that he loves this culture enough.

But for many fans of Wu Yifan, they do not want Wu Yifan to continue joining, one of the reasons is that "China New Rap" has obvious suspicion of consuming Wu Yifan every year. Therefore, Wu Yifan's final withdrawal this year is also a good thing in a sense.

After Wu Yifan and Pan Weibo withdrew from "2021 China New Rap", all five new tutors were released this season. The specific lineup is 2 old tutors + 3 new tutors!

First of all, two old mentors, one is GAI Zhou Yan, who joined last year, and will continue to serve this year. The other is Deng Ziqi, who joined the two seasons in 2018 and 2019, and is back this year!

Next, let's talk about 3 new mentors!

First place: Zhang Yixing

As the most representative all-round artist in the performing arts circle today, Zhang Yixing not only has the top traffic, but also his personal strength is continuously recognized by the public. Last year on the stage of "I Am a Singer and Composer", Zhang Yixing also showed his talents in rap. This year, joining "China New Rap" is undoubtedly worth looking forward to.

Second place: Wang Jiaer

He is also an all-round artist with both strength and flow. Wang Jiaer has been associated with "China Has Hip Hop" as early as 2017, and has also cooperated with many rappers. In fact, as early as the first two years, many viewers hoped that Wang Jiaer would come to join "China New Rap", and this year's official joining is also considered popular.

Third place: Ma Siwei

As the top performer in the rap circle, Ma Siwei's status and influence in the hip-hop circle, including his personal ability to ride the dust, do not need to be said too much. Joining "China New Rap" as a mentor is more than enough. But the only thing worth mentioning is that Ma Siwei and another instructor, GAI, had a serious Beef many years ago. This time the two are on the same stage is undoubtedly a highlight!

Although "2021 China New Rap" Wu Yifan and Pan Weibo regretfully withdrew, the above three new tutors are more bright, the audience will be more fresh, and the expectations are full in advance!

In addition, the competition system of this season of "China New Rap" has also changed. According to the information that has been exposed, this year will be implemented by 40 rappers to implement the full development model, which is a bit similar to last year's "Rap New Generation".

It seems that 2021 "China's New Rap" will usher in a major reform. As for the effect, we can only wait and see!

Source: QQ.com