CH !
                        pt 1
Jae-In hands reached up to the top of her hair, and pressed it down for the 52nd time, and for the 52nd time it sprang up again.
"Damn you, hair," she said
Fed up, she gazed dejectedly out of the window of her tiny apartment.
Why, was it raining so heavily?
It had  been coming down for the last two hours and now It didn't looklike she would be able to make it to "Weave and Bob."
Since the trendiest hairdressers in korea had opened a branch in her small little town about six months ago, she had been saving up to get the best hairdo she could.
She worked at a local kimchi restaurant cleaning toilets and any other dirty job that needed doing, including lying to her
bosses's wife, and telling her he was in a meeting,when in fact, he was out at some fancy restaurant or wherever with his latest ditsy conquest. But today hehad given her an hour off work on the understanding that she would work until late tomorrow for just the
regular amount.
"But sir, I have two weeks holiday due to me."
He looked at her with a stare that would have made a shark nervous.
She bowed low. "Thank you Manager Lee ."
So she had had went to the hairdressers. Everyone in the place, staff and customers had either giggled,gave her looks that said "how dare someone from the peasant
classes come into such a respectable place" or as one lady of a certain age had done shooed her with a shooing gesture, and also actually said "shoo"
"Am I a cat?" Jae-in thought to herself. She bowed a number of times and hunching her shoulders slightly walked to the reception desk.
There was a young woman behind behind it reading some glossy magazine. Jae-in
couldn't see her face clearly at first, until she looked up. She was about the same age as Jae-in,which was 22. She smiled brightly at her.
Her eyes seeming to dance sparkles of light behind a pair of spectacles that were so cool looking that Jae-in almost wished she needed glasses. Her face
was soft, almost too soft, as if it was was made of silk.

It made Jae-in think of lemons and soap. There was something about it that reminded her of someone. but she could't think who.
"Jae-in" The other girl exclaimed.She stood up, and reached across to embrace her Then she recognised the body odour. She  gently eased herself out of the other girl's embrace. But the lattter held both her hands in hers. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. Jae-in looked into her eyes. "Hyun-Ju?" she said. The other girl noded vigorously. Jae-in gasped.It had been at least five years since she had seenthe girl who had been her best friend in school, But she looked completly different. Then she had been a lot igger in size, and her hair was usually a bright orange colour. Sometimes it was two colours. Occasionly more. It had been a meeting of opposites, Jae-in, studious, reserved. Well at least, that's what Hyun-Ju thought. Until she saw her stand up to the school bully, and knew that this girl was not quite the stereotypical nerd, she first appeared to be. To Jae-in,Hyun-Ju was a bit of a loudmouth. She always seemed to be getting hit by the teacher for causing a ruckus. Then one day, she saw her sitting on a school bench during lunch break, holding something in her hand. Jae-in walked by her trying to steal a glance at what she was holding. "it's a guinea pig" HYun-Ju  said "Do you want to hold him?" "Jae-in stopped, bowed a greeting, and said "I wasn't looking" "Hyun-Ju  laughed and said "Yes, you were. If we're going to be friends. We have to promise each other one thing.Well, maybe more than one thing. But right now just one." Jae-in was about to protest. But there was something in the other girl's voice that reached into her heart. So she just said "What?" "That we never lie to each other" And that was all, and Jae-in sat on the bench beside Hyin-Ju  both of them stroking the guinea pig. neither of them spoke, because they didn't have to.
pt 2
Now Hyun-Ju pulled Jae-in close to her again, and this time Jae in accepted the embrace and hugged the other girl as tigtly.  They only pulled apart when a female cough was heard. Hyun-Ju recognised it instantly as her belonging to her boss. manager Choi. "manager Ch-ch-ch-choi" she stammered. "This is my best friend from sc-sch-school. Jae-in. We haven't seen each other in over 5 years." "Doesn't she have a family name" manager Choi demanded. "I'm Park Jae-in" Jae-in said with a bow "We have no work here" manager Choi said "Goodbye: "I already have work, manager" Jae-in said. " I would like to get a haircut" Manager choi looked at her as if she had just emitted an unpleasent smell. "Are you trying to make fun of me?" Jae-in shook her head vigorusly "No, no. I have the money. Look." She went to take her purse from the plastic handbag slung over her shoulder. She took the purse out, looked inside, then put her hand inside, and moved it around the bag. Then she turned the bag upside. All that fell out was a small comb. "It's not here" she said " I've been saving up that monery to get my haircut, and now it's gone." She began to cry. She could hear manager choi sneer above her "Is this supposed to impress me. You came in here with the intention of telling me this sob story, with the intention of getting a free haircut. Pleaee leave, before I have you thrown out. Jae-in with added tears on her cheeks, bent down to pick up her comb. She bowed to Manager and said "I'm sorry. I know I have the money, and when I find it, I'll be back" There was a nearbye. She had locked herself in one of the cubicles, and was crying softly to herself,when she heard a knock on the door. "Jae-in, are you okay? " "Hyun-Ju?" "Yes, Can i come in" "mmm" She unlocked the door, and went back to the toilet seat, she had been sitting on Hyun-Ju  sat on the floor, but stood up as if someone had jammed a needle up her bum. "ooh, ooh" she said " i think I've sat on pee" She  wiped a hand across the backside of her too short skirt, and held it to her nose" She breathed a sigh of relief "oh, just water" ae-in laughed, and soon after her old friend followed suit. You better go and get changed" Jai-in said. "you could get a cold" Hyun-Ju  boxed her friend lightly on the ear. "you always were a worrier. I'll be okay. Let's go outside and eat. It's such a sunny day.I want to know everything that's happened to you in the last ten years. Well, as much as you can tell me in 15 minutes,"
They sat down on the steps just outside the train station.
Hyun-Ju  reached into one of her skirt pockets, and brought out a sandwich wrapped in cellophane, She took off the wrapping, broke the sandwich in two,and offered one half to Jae-in. Jae-in took it, and looked inside. "wow" she exclaimed "it's bulkoki" Hyun-Ju  nodded, and said "Remember, when when used to eat them all the time in school." Her friend nodded happily. "I haven't eaten one in such a long time. Even something as cheap as this is hard for me to buy. I've almost been starving myself"    "So you didn't have the money for the haircut?" "No, no, Jae-in protested. That's why, I've almost been eating nothing. I've been saving up the noney  Oh, but I have to find it. My boss only gave me an hour off work. I need to ring him again. My time is nearly up. I have to get more time. He'll lprobably want me to work for nothing next week. But I don't care. He treats me like dirt anyway. Using dirt to clean dirt is what he says to me" "Are you sure, you brought the money with you? yes. i.." she  paused. "Then she shouted almost in a note of triumph "Teddy" "huh" exclaimed Hyun-Ju  "you haven't still got that tatty old thing have you?" "Mmmm" Jae-in said excitedly, nodding her head enthuasitically at the same time. Then She bit her lower lip, and said hesitatingly. "Hyun-Ju , Can i use your phone? I have no credit, and i won't be able to buy any until i get paid." "What!" exclaimed Ji-hye "you're not going to ring Teddy, are you. Has he started to speak now?"    The other girl smiled. "No, no. my boss, but I remember where the money is now. Teddy has it" Hyun-Ju  dug back into her skirt and handed her mobile to her friend, saying "I always thought, he looked a bit shifty"
pt 3
Teddy had been with Jae-in, since she was 2. Well, that's what her mother had told her, although she couldn't really remember. She did vaguely recall when her mother threw it out, saying she would get her a new one. But Jae-in had kicked up such a tantrum, that her mother had gone to the dump to get it back, She had been about six then, and swore that she would never be parted with him. The years went by, and as Jae-in grew older, she got rid of most of her toys, which weren't many, but hung onto Teddy. There was no particular reason. He didn't make a noise when you squeezed him.He didn't say something cute, or walk if you wound him up. Well, there was nothing to wind him up with. There was no special signficance, and Jae-in had asked her mother if there was. No he was just Teddy. All Jae-in knew was that she liked having him around. Hyun-Ju had told her that if she found the money, she should come back around 5.30. That was closing time. But as it was her turn to clean up when the days work was done, she would wait for her. But she couldn't wait any longer than 5 extra minutes, as she had to be somewhere. So Jai-in had ran all the way back home remembering that she had left the money in Teddy's safekeeping. Well, she had put it inside his empty stomach, which usually housed a small alarm clock. All was well, until it started to rain. Jae-in had rung for a taxi, knowing full well, that she wouldn't be able to pay for it. But as her mother used to say "We'll cross that bridge when she had come to it. It had been extremly hard to get a taxi, because of the bad weaher, but finally She had gotten a promise of one in 20 minutes or so. But that had been over an hour ago, and when she had called back she had just gotten the answering service. She gazed at the clock, now back on Teddy's stomach.
She yawned, feeling tired from not getting much sleep from the night before, being excited about getting the
haircut, she had been saving up for. She was fed up with other girls passing remarks about her hair, and saying things like "She's an insult to scarecrows" and "She looked like something the cat dragged in, thought better of it, and dragged back out again" She yawned again. "Do you want a piggyback?" Jae-in  blinked her eyes. "What? Who said that" "Me" "Who?" "look up.sleepy head" She looked up. It was Teddy. "Teddy" she exclaimed.But for some reason, didn't feel totally shocked by seeing her once one foot or so non talking, non walking Teddy bear, now standing above her, at about six foot in height, and speaking. "Come on" he said "we haven't much time" He reached into the hole where his stomach once was and took out the alarm clock. "Hurry" he said. and bent down. Jae-In climbed onto his back, and they went out into a sunny day. "Wow," Jae-in thought "Where did the rain go. and the roads and paths aren't even wet" "Teddy," she said. "Call me oppa" "Oppa" She said. "You remind me of good toilet paper,soft and stong" Then she heard a noise from somewhere far off. It grew louder and closer. Jae-In woke with a start. Her mobile was ringing. It was Hyun-Ju. Jae-in pressed the answer button, and said "Hi, HYun-Ju" "Hi, are you on the way? I really can't wait much longer." "What! Yes, yes. Sorry, sorry. I'm coming now" Teddy was back to normal size. Jae-in looked at the stomach clock. It said 5.19. She would never make it. and she didn't know when she would get a chance again. She punched Teddy lightly on the forehead. "If you've made me late, I'm never letting you watch another drama" Then she put on her shoes, and ran out into the rain.