Hello there! This is Di. I've been thinking about this a lot and finally decided to do it. I'm creating this thread for writers on MDL to keep track with their writing. I'm passionate about stories and screenplays but as it's not my main line of work, it's very very easy to slack. I find myself more inspired to write when I see others are also working on their craft. 

The Challenge

Step 1: Write a minimum of 30 Minutes Every Day

Step 2: Post your progress or your accomplishments on here from those 30+minutes you spent writing. I don't mean actually post what you've written (unless you want to). Just post what you accomplished for example  "today I wrote three scenes in my screenplay", or "I wrote 500 words" etc.)

There's no judging on amount of work accomplished as everyone has their style and speed with writing. Do not stress, this thread is to encourage each other to write. I have a friend who wrote for 3 hours every day for a year and was able to complete the first draft of his 800+ pg novel. Obviously not all of us are blessed with a three hour window so I'm setting the minimum goal time at 30 minutes. It doesn't have to be straight up writing, even outlining, brainstorming and research is good, as long as you're working on it. =)

If you guys have any other challenges to offer, please do share!

NOTE: This is open for all writers, it can be poets and songwriters etc., not just story writers. Point is for everyone to be on track. =)

Critique

If you want feedback on your work, feel free to post it or link it and indicate you want feedback. It is your choice though. If you just want to share, we are happy to read!

My Writing

In addition to writing stories, I also keep up two blogs, one for dramas and one or Asian music that I update periodically. Feel free to share your writing sites on here as well.

Drama Blog: https://dramainspect.wordpress.com/ 

Music Blog: https://brownsugarhouse.wordpress.com/ 

If this gets big, we can move to a Discord channel for more communication but for now, let's use this! =) Happy Writing!!

I would love to join this, but am not sure what I write fits the requirements.

Any writing is writing =) as long as you're doing it. What kind of writing do you do?

A dramascript, I call it like that because it's very close to a screenplay but you'd have to work a little more on the visuals for that. It's in a real Korean screenplay format, but the first episodes are not 100% compliant (time/place indicator, scene splitting, didascalies, etc). It's a bit better formatted from episode 6 or 7.
I feel like the first westerner to have written a real Korean dramascript, because I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet. I really wanted to look what do other people, but there isn't.

Your feedback is welcome because I have limited comments on it and I'm blind to the result.
Take the time to immerse yourself in the story and look at the character thumbnails in the dialogues, I've worked this into a photo-drama to give the illusion of watching television.
The reading time of an episode should correspond to its movie length (about 20 minutes). I've cut it this way to make photo-drama easier, but you can imagine the result once pasted into an hour-long episode.

http://w4worlds.eklablog.com

Awesome thanks for sharing! I will take a look. I've read many screenplays but haven't read one with photos yet lol.

Di - Drama Inspect:

Awesome thanks for sharing! I will take a look. I've read many screenplays but haven't read one with photos yet lol.

Ah! I hope you will enjoy reading it, or rather... watching it.
As you can see, it's not in American script format, but in Korean format.
So...

Scene indicator.
Description.
Character name - (didascalia) line of dialogue.

Your comments, analys and advices are welcome. Rather on my blog if it's about episodes, because here it would be messy.

Di - Drama Inspect:

Any writing is writing =) as long as you're doing it. What kind of writing do you do?

I am a published author of Fantasy Romance novels and LGBTQ+ ones as well.

I would like to say I started reading it and I was wondering is your title set in stone?

KitKatxK:

I would like to say I started reading it and I was wondering is your title set in stone? 

Hi, I'm not sure if you're asking me the question or if it's a question for Di - Drama Inspect.
English is not my native language, and I don't understand the question either. "set in stone" ?

KitKatxK:

I am a published author of Fantasy Romance novels and LGBTQ+ ones as well.

That's awesome, do you write full time then? What are you working on now?

W two worlds Season 2:

Hi, I'm not sure if you're asking me the question or if it's a question for Di - Drama Inspect.
English is not my native language, and I don't understand the question either. "set in stone" ?

I was asking you. I was asking if you would ever change the title. It is a bit long. XD

Di - Drama Inspect:

That's awesome, do you write full time then? What are you working on now?

I do write full time. I am writing two Epic Fantasy Romance  series one BL the other Kdrama style. Then I am writing and have finished book 1 in my College Fluffy Romance Series.

KitKatxK:

I was asking you. I was asking if you would ever change the title. It is a bit long. XD

Oh, I get it. The title is indeed set in stone. But the final title is simply:

W2 four worlds 

(before is just to say that this is season two).

I would like to join the "challenge"! I don't really work on any long projects, but I'm trying to get better at creative writing in different languages and I think having a place to check in would really help keep my motivation up.

What do you guys think about a GoogleDocs spreadsheet or something where you can just put a little "x" (or something else) for every day you've successfully reached your writing goals? ...Sorry, I like lists A LOT. lol

devitto:

I would like to join the "challenge"! I don't really work on any long projects, but I'm trying to get better at creative writing in different languages and I think having a place to check in would really help keep my motivation up.

What do you guys think about a GoogleDocs spreadsheet or something where you can just put a little "x" (or something else) for every day you've successfully reached your writing goals? ...Sorry, I like lists A LOT. lol

Welcome~ Yes I think it's much easier to stay motivated when you have people keeping you in check or at least able to see everyone working on their writing. =D If you make a spreadsheet, you can share it here and I'd be down to fill it out.