I got hooked on South korean dramas in its early days because it was like watching a fairy tale story.   I preferred South Korean drama as the language was much like English and i could feel the emotions of the story as i read the subtitles.  Eventually I started to read so fast It seems like i was hearing what they said and not reading.

Over time the writers have been influenced by other country's and are trying to mimic their works and it is ruining the mystic element of their dramas.    I hope they can realize the treasure they have Its like the first time you watch a movie with elves orcs and such.   Koreans are magical to watch on the screen.  
The directors and makeup artists and especially the sound people do such an excellent job.
I hope some of the writers read this and think about the lore that made the early shows special, like the farm shows or the diving or small stores and the family's,     I wold like to see some Korean writers do similar shows in the USA from each state showing the lore and history and things that make that state special.   Also EU is changing and it would be fun to  make series of each country and its flavor of life.
keep up the love and keep making awesome dramas.

Yes, it's a totally different world. It's been 2 and a half year since I started, and I don't watch western content anymore.

I recently started watching chinese dramas, and I find it awesome as well.

I am watching chinese remakes of korean dramas and movies,  some are quite good.  
I'm Not a Robot (2017)  --  A Robot in the Orange Orchard (2022)  --  series
Cyborg She (2008)   --  My Robot Girlfriend (2020)  netflix    movie

I sort of like the china remakes better than the originals I am looking for more shows like this.

Check out the j drama version of My Love From a Star, entitled My Love From The Star.   Very good.  Close but not quite there to the k drama.

Also, there is a two hour chinese version of I Married an Anti-Fan, which I think is better than the original TV multi-episode korean version.