True to the tradition of Doldam Hospital, there are two new doctors to train in Master Kim's principles and ways. In Season 3, we have a doctor who seems to be irresponsible and only cares about playing games, and an ex-Navy doctor who is eager to learn but lacks experience.

Are they truly who they are? Or, do they have stories to tell which shaped their thinking and their attitude in life and at work?

I. Gamer doctor

The gamer doctor seems to be angry at the world. Something happened in his past. Probably someone died, and he was right all along in his analysis, but no one listened to him (at lease based on his outburst in s04ep04). And instead of being praised that “he was right all along”, he was further ridiculed for having shamed a senior doctor or a professor.

In the end, he grew deep resentment at all senior doctors and adults. He figured, he'll just work the minimum required hours, and do whatever he wants after, because from his view, and possibly from his experience, doctors doesn't really care.

Master Kim being Master Kim, he quickly identified there is deep pain behind his attitude. But, he is not one to force him to tell him because a person should learn it on their own to truly own it and face it. This is what the gamer doctor did in episode 4 when he apologised.

He needs someone to guide him. Not teach him, but guide him. He experienced something which broke his trust about humanity. Playing games was his way to escape. No, the game world has turned into his real world, and the real world turned into a robotic fake world he was forced to do (to make a living).

He definitely needs a Master Kim to recover from whatever it was that turned him from a good, positive person, into the most pessimistic young doctor.

II. Ex-Navy doctor

The ex-navy doctor seems to be trying to live up with something.

Two possibilities:

1. I'm suspecting that his father was an influential politician or military officer, and his license was earned unfairly. He was either placed by his father (or mother?) in the navy, so he will only do the barest of things, which was what we witnessed in episode 1.
  2. Or maybe, he did pass and earn his license fair and square because he's so very good at academics, at memorisation. But lacks self-confidence, and possibly self-esteem, too. So, his solution was to hide in the Navy.

Regardless if it is #1 or #2, one thing is clear, he has the brains, but lacks experience. Having witnessed the talents of Doldam hospital, and his genuine desire to learn, he took a leap.

But after his failure in episode 4, both his self-confidence and self-esteem were more likely hit very hard, at least with the way he got stuck standing outside the operating room, and then later, stuck sitting in the dressing room.

• Was it because he's thinking he's failing his father's (or mother?) expectations?
  • Was it because he is thinking he should have stayed in the Navy and live the easy life?

Based on information available from episodes 1 to 4, with a bit of analyses here and there.

Just a guess. 

The Navy doctor probably has Color blindness or (some sort of vision problem )as per the new episode. So maybe he wants to overcome what can be seen as a weakness or adversity in the medical field. 

Can u tell me the name of doctor at the last ep when master stared outside and smile back 2 her... I just want to know that actress name..thank you

PartOfU:

Can u tell me the name of doctor at the last ep when master stared outside and smile back 2 her... I just want to know that actress name..thank you

Not sure if you have found an answer yet... The character is Late Jang Hyun Joo, the first disciple and Jang Dong Hwa's sister (The first student, to call him Kim Sabu or Master Kim). Kim Sabu seems to be imagining her or seeing her reflection in Jang Dong Hwa. 

The actress portraying her is Kim Hye Joon