Why isn't there any Vietnamese drama in the list?

This discussion has been closed.

I've been watching some dramas from vietnam like Mother and Male-DAUGHTER in law and BÍ MẬT CỦA ADAM 2 - My brother; i tried to put them but there is not the option for vietnam country or to indicate that these dramas well actually the first one is a sitcom; are from vietnam is there any reason... at first I thought it was because they are BL but now I not sure. 

We will eventually add more countries. For now, we're just working on adding more titles/actors to the countries we do have.
Our mindset is that it is better to have a great deal of information on a few countries, rather than a few titles/movies/dramas from a lot of different countries. We recently added content from the Philippines earlier this year. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/17440-add-philippines-india.-singapore-to-countries

OOh, I understand your answer is reasonable I'll be waiting for that time to come :)

Skye-N-Rain:

We will eventually add more countries. For now, we're just working on adding more titles/actors to the countries we do have.
Our mindset is that it is better to have a great deal of information on a few countries, rather than a few titles/movies/dramas from a lot of different countries. We recently added content from the Philippines earlier this year. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/17440-add-philippines-india.-singapore-to-countries

Nearly 1.5 years later, still not here?

Ah... I’m saying this here since I dunno where else to say this so please don’t mind. 

India also falls into the Asia spectrum, have a series of data available online that would be very easy to import into the data system here on MDL — especially since we must have quite a population of users who are brown. Moreover, we are more likely to find Indian dramas and shows subtitled as opposed to the other two. 

Thus, I believe after Philippines, Indian shows and movies should be added next. Then Singaporean and Vietnamese.

It’s just my opinion.  Although I do understand the ideology on “Make current data base better before expanding it” 

Skye-N-Rain:

BÍ MẬT CỦA ADAM 2 - My brother - That i try to find it, but this is not here another 2 years later. Please help us! We would like put it our list! Thank you ?

The Filipino section of the MDL database is still not up to par to the other countries, which is probably why other countries haven't been added yet. If more users help to improve MDL's database for filipino dramas, movies, actors, etc I'm sure the whole process would be even faster ^^

If you’re looking for another Vietnamese series not on MyDramaList try My Lascivious Boss 

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSb-FqUHbbz4pMmOqoPhTMUg21MsSApI2

still in 2021 and no vietnamese database :/

I'm curious as to the status of being more inclusive of other Asian countries now that there is a lot more potential support from the dedicated community than there was in 2018.  There are so many amazing dramas I've watched from Vietnam which I attempted to add through the 'new title' section and was surprised that the country is still not an option to choose from.  

I can understand the hard work dedicated and to maintaining accuracy with the listings already in place and how important it actually is. However I feel the approval process for adding a new title already plays a big roll in ensuring that and would kindly request this topic be revisited again.

This was useful although 4 years later one would hope there had been progress!

Still no Vietnamese dramas :’)

I was hoping to see Vietnamese dramas on here too.