Yes, there is a japanese version of Playfull kiss. It's itazura na kiss. But it really isn't good.

Hehe, it's all good. Myself, I love my romatic storylines in Korean and Japanese execution, oh I do! but I do appreciate it when they touch it up a little and refresh and all. Pasta is fresher and hotaru no hikari is fresher in that department. And City Hall is a somewhat maturer written storyline, which at least a scheming politician, which is more preferable than just some rich guy who beats up girls, well it is, much as I liked Lee Min Ho as BBF lead. And Dae Mul which is also kind of romance driven is certainly one to watch...As is That Fool, which has a very nice guy as the romantic lead.

I keep saying this, rom coms will be the end of me but I just like those lighter or less lighter fluffy stories which are fairy tales, totally unrealistic and sterotypical at times with thise designated leads ending up with designated partners. Itr is a formula which works.

But it;s how you arrive at that end you know is coming that should be always freshened up. and it tends to be done nowadays. A good writer will always know how to do it, how to avoid standard threadbare stuff.

Sorry for blabbing (and thank you for reading! ^^) but I am very much into rom coms. lol

I think this is something I will have to just agree to disagree on with you.

However, I certainly recognise where you are coming from and I understand it. I certainly think there could be some more romantic driven dramas where the nice guy is the actual lead..question is, though it could freshen up the romantic genre, how popular would that be?

I think the drama producers are afraid of it too. I salso think I like to believe in the possibility of some such cold-hearted people changing. This is true for just those who have a closed heart and act kind of unpleasantly because they were abdoned, rather than murderously cold heart because they, like, do it for the fun of it or because they just can. We have to differentiate here, between these two cold heart and closed heart as well.

The thing that does bother me is when people shout for sequels for these standard rom com fares...there is no need!
Geol Oh in Sungkyunkwan scandal <3 Not that Lee Sun Joon (male leader) wasn't nice, but I liked Geol Oh so much and thought he and Yoon Shink had chemistry. And he didn't go begging her to love him nor getting angry with her about that, I hate when second leads do that....