I mean the number of episodes, don't think badly.....  :D

One thing that got me started to love Asian drama is that are generally short, often 16 or 20 episodes.

Also the drama long come to 50/60 episodes or or a little more than 100 but of 30 minutes.

the Japanese often have 10 o 12  episodes, but some series with multiple seasons as an example "the doctor x"

at first i did not see drama long but now i have found a reason to see these too, if you want i will tell you.

short 

but if I have a long vacation and the drama has a good plot I'm down to watch  50-60 episodes not more than that 

Also I'm curious...what's the reason

Long 

I am (or was) a binge watcher. So I like it when dramas have approximately 16/20 episodes. I also watch dramas with 8/12 episodes and that often seems short to me. And I don’t mind watching Asian dramas with 40 something episodes if I really enjoy it. So now I’m gonna change my answer from short? to Long ^^

My preferred length is 10-20 episodes

Short. Anything more than 10 hrs total running time is bound to have unnecessary filler elements in there. 

Nav:

short 

but if I have a long vacation and the drama has a good plot I'm down to watch  50-60 episodes not more than that 

Also I'm curious...what's the reason

the reason is that the episodes are, as Elite also says, full of unnecessary things, but in this way i can see even 10 minutes and do other things too, then if i interrupt it doesn't change anything.

If i see a film or more concentrated dramas instead it is more difficult for me leave and resume or do other things together.  In short, it depends on the situations, sometimes it is good short and concentrated, sometimes long but diluted.

Lugh:

the reason is that the episodes are, as Elite also says, full of unnecessary things, but in this way i can see even 10 minutes and do other things too, then if i interrupt it doesn't change anything.

If i see a film or more concentrated dramas instead it is more difficult for me leave and resume or do other things together.  In short, it depends on the situations, sometimes it is good short and concentrated, sometimes long but diluted.

ya that's the exact same reason why I prefer short duration.I normally skip if it's more than 20 episodes.You should try watching webdramas

Nav:

ya that's the exact same reason why I prefer short duration.I normally skip if it's more than 20 episodes.You should try watching webdramas

If there is an interesting plot i also see the web dramas, but it seems to me that they have the defects without the merits of the films

Lugh:

If there is an interesting plot i also see the web dramas, but it seems to me that they have the defects without the merits of the films

you should try webdramas like XX

I'm unsubscribing to this forum .It was good talking to you.

Hope you enjoy here .You can ping me if you want to discuss about dramas.

Short.

I’ve seen two dramas (not Asian) where I also read the book and the drama was a scene-for-scene recreation. They were both 10 epi’s odds of about a hour. So although that is called “short”, to me it is natural. Longer dramas can have filler, repetitive scenes, drag, or, for thrillers, overly complicated plots.

depends on if the plot is interesting enough for me to continue watching. I could find some short series meh but get addicted to some 50-100 ep makjang dramas. 

I prefer 10-20 but sometimes if its really good like the untamed I can watch but i watch 10 eps then give break for somedays and then again I continue watching it. Basically, I can't watch it in one go..

This is because I tend to drop the drama if it gets too boring. I get attracted to other dramas that I forget to complete a series I am watching.. But if it is 12 or less than 12, I can watch it within 2 days.. 

Depends on the story :)