Hi everyone, can I ask you two questions?

1. Can you cast content from the iQiYi app on Android to Chromecast?

*edit on 19/2/21: Yes, you can now cast from the iQiyi app to Chromecast.

When I play the content on the app, the casting icon doesn't appear like it does in WeTV or Viki app. When I looked up the benefits of iQiYi VIP subscription, it just says that you can stream to AppleTV, but no mention of Chromecast.

2. Can you watch iQiyi content in a browser on the computer?

*edit on 19/2/21: Yes, you can watch on iq.com

I know that you can watch content for Viki, but I don't think you can for WeTV.

Thank you.

I found this question bc I too was trying to see if I could stream Iqiyi to a Chromecast, since I'm about to buy one, but since I haven't got it yet, that I can't answer yet. will update you when the Chromecast arrives. 

However, I do use iqiyi on my browser a lot, the website is iq.com, and you can log in with the credentials you use to log in on the app, and that website is in English. Just the first 2 letters, iq, and dot com. hope this helps.

Oligom_#LOONA1STWIN:

I found this question bc I too was trying to see if I could stream Iqiyi to a Chromecast, since I'm about to buy one, but since I haven't got it yet, that I can't answer yet. will update you when the Chromecast arrives. 

However, I do use iqiyi on my browser a lot, the website is iq.com, and you can log in with the credentials you use to log in on the app, and that website is in English. Just the first 2 letters, iq, and dot com. hope this helps.

Thank you!

Since I posted this, I've found a work-around for casting iQiyi to my TV. I can just play the drama on the iQiyi app on my phone, and then mirror the screen to my TV. My phone doesn't have a built-in capability to mirror, but I can do it with the Google Home app, which I installed when I was setting up the Chromecast.

Thanks for the info on the website!

f_afty:

Thank you!

Since I posted this, I've found a work-around for casting iQiyi to my TV. I can just play the drama on the iQiyi app on my phone, and then mirror the screen to my TV. My phone doesn't have a built-in capability to mirror, but I can do it with the Google Home app, which I installed when I was setting up the Chromecast.

Thanks for the info on the website!

Nice!

Then I will too try this workaround when my Chromecast arrives. 

Thanks, and cheers!

I just had the same question and found your thread. I will try the mirroring option from Google Home and see if it works. Thanks

iQiyi now has the ability to cast! The cast icon now appears on my app. This capability has been available for a couple of months now.

f_afty:

iQiyi now has the ability to cast! The cast icon now appears on my app. This capability has been available for a couple of months now.

Ahh yes, I see it now. Thanks. 

wuxies flashlight:

where?? I still dont have it

When you first open the app, the icon is floating at the bottom right corner (above the "Me" icon).

I just bought a chromecast based on this...but I also do not see the cast icon. Not even by the ‘me’ button. 

I'm not sure what to tell you as I'm not really a technical person. The only time I don't see a cast icon on the iQiyi app (or other casting apps) is when the Chromecast or my phone isn't connected (yet) to the WiFi network, or the WiFi is down.

I guess you can try the work-around and mirror your phone instead of casting directly from the app. I actually still do this, because casting from the iQiyi app is not as smooth as other casting apps.