when people talk about their favori te actresses they never mention her and say her characters are excruciating (hwarang) because she tends to cry a lot in all his papers. But she became my favorite actress when i saw black kdrama

The only show I have seen her own is Miss Hammurabi, and I hatted that show because of her character. She was too self righteous for no reason, and it caused a lot of problem for many people. I haven't heard any good reviews about her- my sister hated Black with a passion and people only talk about the male characters in Hwarang.

I first saw her in running man and I really liked her she was so funny and beautiful. So I tried watching a drama of hers but to my disappointment, I think she's an overrated actress. I don't think she's the worst one out there but I don't think she's "lead actress" material just yet. She does have potential but she needs to enhance her acting skill a bit more. She goes well in variety shows. Also, I really like her guest roles.

Charlisa Ben:

The only show I have seen her own is Miss Hammurabi, and I hatted that show because of her character. She was too self righteous for no reason, and it caused a lot of problem for many people. I haven't heard any good reviews about her- my sister hated Black with a passion and people only talk about the male characters in Hwarang.

I didnt like that drama too.  She was indiferent for me in that drama but the male lead was insipid :( at leas she had strong personality

Odd, I thought I had posted in this thread, but my post isn't showing up.  My favourite role of hers is Reply 1994, although I didn't mind her character in Hammurabi at all, until they forced the stupid pointless romance arc on at the end. I think a large part of the reason for the negative reaction she gets is thatg the overwhelming majority of K Drama viewers are female and focused VERY heavily on  male actors (as mentioned about Hwarang) , so female actors, especially when their characters are independent and forthright, as in Ms Hammurabi, will often cop flak. "Don't detract from Oppa" is the rule, it seems. I also really liked her Insta account when it was more personal, reflecting her love of photography and art, before it became a more generic promotional account

I've seen her in You're All Surrounded, which I think she did pretty well in, I liked her character there. It was also cause it was a great drama itself and her chemistry with Seung gi was good.

But I also watched Hwarang, which honestly she did terrible in. I was so frustrated with her there and kept skipping her scenes. I haven't watched Black yet but if you're saying she did well in that, she probably did! Maybe she suits crime/darker/funny concepts better - she just needs to find better roles for herself I think.

She is a naturally funny actress but overdoes it sometimes.  Its not her fault though. Kdrama directors usually try to make funny actresses make a clown of themselves. She has potential and can do much better.

I don't think that's the reason. I haven't watch Ms. Hammurabi but I have seen her acting in Hwarang and Black and I can say that I hate hate hate her acting. She is so fake and slouches and cries in every drama. I hate watching her dramas and was so disappointed that I had to watch her in Black. I watched Black solely for the plot and forwarded the scene every time she was on screen. She ruined the dramas for me