Hi All,

I hope you can help me identify a movie I watched years ago that cannot remember if it was Chinese (leaning towards Chinese) or Japanese.

A young cop is very pedantic about the law, in the opening scenes he is a traffic cop who tickets a big wig cop who runs a red light (at a very empty stop light). Somehow he ends up as a detective (?) and when the higher ups want to run a hostage situation drill our man is chosen to be the hostage taker (unbeknownst to everyone else). He researches everything thoroughly and when he is ready he holds up a bank and proceeds to pretend to be the bad guy (I remember he hung signs around people's necks to indicate what he did to them eg. dead, raped...). He manages to get out of the bank with the hostages into a getaway bus which is driven to the ocean. He makes the entire force look really bad. The closing scenes are him, in the same bank as a genuine customer this time with some of the regulars sitting in chairs and a bad guy walks in and announces he is holding up the bank. They all just smirk the bad guy.

You help is most appreciated!