Hi! Does anyone know if it's gonna be made into a live action drama?

I think so, they are still trying to find the cast for the drama. There have been rumors that Xie Lian and Hua Cheng could possibly be played by Luhan and Xu Kai in the live action, but please keep in mind these are just rumors. The drama should come out in the next couple of years I presume but the Donghua will be released first. I hope this answered your question! 

Yes, thank you very much for replying to me!

instantramen:

I think so, they are still trying to find the cast for the drama. There have been rumors that Xie Lian and Hua Cheng could possibly be played by Luhan and Xu Kai in the live action, but please keep in mind these are just rumors. The drama should come out in the next couple of years I presume but the Donghua will be released first. I hope this answered your question! 

OMG LUHAN!!

Are they still looking for casting, what about Zhu Zan Jin and Liu Haikuan? Just a suggestion.... 

It still isn't confirmed who the cast will be, so I think they are still looking! I believe the Live Action Remake was just signed so it should happen within the next 3-4 years or so. I honestly hope that Song Wei Long gets casted as Hua Cheng. I rlly want to see him in a Wuxia drama and on top of that his aura is so similar to Hua Cheng's!

Also, Luhan rlly looks and acts like Xie Lian in my mind. Ik many people didn't like his acting before, but I think if he gets more mentoring and improves a bit more, he would fit the role perfectly. Song Ji Yang could be another option too, he was so amazing in The Untamed and I absolutely love him.

Btw, the Donghua has just been set to release on October31. 2020 at 11am and should be released every Saturday after that!

I think it still a long way for TGCF to be adopted to live action drama. Just because of the complexity many of the scenes and characters on the novel. I imagine it gonna be so costly to create a good representation of ghost city and mount tong lu.. I don't think the budget would justify enough for a drama series. If they really serious in making a good adaptation of th novel, that is.. they would need a kind of "Marvel Studio" budget :)

roadwarrior_idn:

I think it still a long way for TGCF to be adopted to live action drama. Just because of the complexity many of the scenes and characters on the novel. I imagine it gonna be so costly to create a good representation of ghost city and mount tong lu.. I don't think the budget would justify enough for a drama series. If they really serious in making a good adaptation of th novel, that is.. they would need a kind of "Marvel Studio" budget :)

Haha very true! I hope they take their time with it and capture the novel as best as they can. The story is so breathtaking and it can't be rushed. There are many effects that would need to be there so it will probably be very costly. 

roadwarrior_idn:

Idk if it's that much of expenses. Have a look at Nightless City or other cgi in cql [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjGDH-yQxE

They can obtain a lot with editiors work- especially this is a Ghost City we're talking abt so the most part of scenery can be hazy, smoky, underexposed  or sth that can help to obtain a proper impression with less effort.

But it's all just my speculations of course. It's obvious the drama won't be cheap to be good enough.

EDIT:

I also wanted to add that the preparations for CQL drama started in June 2016, and it took them two years to start filming (April 2018), then year after it came out. 

However, as the opposite example another drama where Xiao Zhan takes part in- The Wolf has been filmed in 2017 (not to mention the preps before actual play) and till now- hasn't been released yet

So it's so hard to predict even the approximate data for c-dramas, but I guess if the hypetrain is longer- the bigger is urge to release a series (we know, the money rules the World). We can observe this in the "Immortality" (2HA- similar popular novel) - they started filming quite fast- in April  and the announced release date is 2021.