why do bl writers like kidnapping so much? the story was great so far, i even forgot about the from-bully-to-love-interest trope, but that was so unnecesary and ruined the love confession for me.

thoughts?

Exactly, it was very weird and unnecessary. Sure, Gu Hai is a bit crazy, but this didn’t add anything to the story and ruined the overall mood.

I literally thought something along the lines of what the heck did just happen??? And also all that forced kissing and "unwanted" sexual advances afterwards (even in later episodes)... It took some time getting used to that and honestly, I still don't know if I really can accept it

aaaaa helpp :'''''' i cant unsee that..

idk why they did thatt X( 

its really hard for writer to do a clean comeback/closure after that kind of scene, especially with those type of personality. And tbh, I still didn't get the closure I need.. it just as if they didn't put enough weight for that abducting scene, which supposed to be a really red flag..

I read the books and it gets worse before it gets better, unfortunately.  But it does get better!

I really wish authors would stay away from non-con scenes, but it is something that does happen in real life, and while some cannot get over it or through it, some do. I'm not making any excuses whatsoever. Gu Hai was most definitely wrong for what he did, but the book goes into detail of his thought processes and his feelings of hopelessness, blind obsession, gut-wrenching guilt, and even love. 

Again, not glorifying anything. One chapter even made me physically ill, but the story makes you feel so many emotions. I will probably end up rereading them at some point, but will be skipping *that* chapter.

I personally loved it hahaha. I never forget that this is just fiction. The bully/affection thing was how they started so I felt like episode 11 needed to happen so that we are reminded that although Gu Hai is now doing all this lovey dovey stuff, he's the same person from the beginning of the series. Even in the car scene he basically told Luo Yin that he would hurt him if he ever betrayed him. Idk it was hot *shoulder shrug*

I just finished episode 11. Sure Gu Hai was a bit of a bully in the beginning and becomes unhinged at times (at other people) but the fact he's never actually hurt Luo Yin before made the kidnapping and sexual assault feel really out of left field. Though I suppose you can never really know what will make a person ultimately snap. Not my cup of tea and probably won't play out well from here so don't think I'm gonna continue on with this one.