My thoughts on season 2 so far

(Till episode 9)

First of all I was so excited for this second season as a diehard fan of this drama. Other than that I also had so many expectations to look forward to in this season:

1) Though this drama has 5 main leads, it didn't give equal space to everyone in season 1. Like seok hyeong and Jun wan story was so little and simple in season 1. So I thought this S2 will explore more into it. And as I thought it did.

The first episode itself gave us all the answers that we were left hanging in season 1. 

2) And one more thing that many of us speculated is season 2 will be based on covid-19. But to everyone's surprise the show took a time skip and didn't even mention about it. This made me realise that hospital playlist is not your ordinary medical drama. It has its own uniqueness and strength and it followed the same direction.

3) Coming to our couples...

Ikjun - Songhwa

To be honest, I'm not a diehard shipper of this couple but I like them. In S1 I wanted them to be friends because that was the picture the drama portrayed throughout. No doubt I like them both and I want ikjun to be happy as he deserves it but I don't think it can only be through song hwa. Whenever I see Jong su and Rosa (Jeong wan's mom) I start imagining ikjun and song hwa like them. It's so nice to see a long time friendship between a man and woman unlike other dramas.

But after seeing EP 09 end, I'm slightly confused. But I like the drama's take on their relationship.. like slowly revealing and developing their story. So as far as now,either they stay as friends or become a couple, I'm okay with both.

Jeong wan - Gyeo ul 

(Winter garden couple)

Again I'm not a big fan of this couple. And I thought their story would be over with S1 itself and here only some lovey dovey scenes will be there. But again the show took a turn and I think we have to wait and see how it unfolds.

But one thing I liked about them is they understand each other's feelings and wait for the other person and silently support them. But still I want gyeol to overcome her insecurity and open up to Jeong wan.

Seok hyeong - Min ha

In season 1, I didn't even believe they'll become a couple. But in this season it is so evident and I like that minha is making seok hyeong break out of his shell slowly. And seok hyeong too started acknowledging her. It was so sad hearing his first wife story and how he was incompetent to solve it and just avoided it. I think this time he is preparing himself slowly.

Jun wan - ik sun

(Bidulgi couple)

Now coming to my most favourite couple in the whole drama. At the end of first season, I was really mad when the parcel got returned. I thought just like all other dramas, they just broke up due to silly reasons. That is one thing I hate in kdrama or even in real life where they breakup just because the they are far away and can't meet each other and spend time with each other or like when the man has to enrol for military service. I was like don't you people know about long distance relationship... And can't you even wait for three years... Even many celebrities date each other and at last they breakup due to schedule conflicts or whatever... I really really hated it 

But when I saw the first episode of S2 I was so so so happy to see that our bidulgi couple was still strong. But soon after they went into this stupid cliche of illness and breakup and that too happened because of our cupid ikjun. It was so sad😭. Then each time ikjun saw them both he too felt guilty. It was really painful for everyone.

At last still they never forget each other which shows their true love. And finally they both met and I think this time it'll hopefully workout well.

4) Many people even complain that this season focuses much on the couples and it gets bored. But to be honest it does a good job of portraying their relationship. Hospital playlist is basically not only a medical drama but it is based on the life of doctors and supposed to be a slice of life drama too. So what is wrong when it focuses on their relationship. They too are humans and have feelings which this drama portrays beautifully.

5) Basically it is very natural that season 2 of a drama getting slightly boring than season 1 due to high expectations. But hospital playlist really does a better job at maintaining its performance at par with season 1. Maybe the pace is little bit slow. Like in season 1 we were so excited and I still remember I was counting the days for each episode, But S2 feels a bit down and I often forget the airing date too. This maybe because we have already seen much of them in S1 and our excitement faded a bit I think. But still when we reach the point when the drama hits the main scene, it makes us feel it's heartwarming vibe. Like episode 8 focused on mothers love and episode 9 gave credits to Emergency department and NICU nurses thus reminding us it's unique and refreshing vibe.

So I think both seasons are at the same level and I would like everyone to stop comparing them and enjoy the drama with the flow.

I’m up to episode 8. I liked <Jun wan - ik sun> couple in season 1 but I hated it in the 2nd season. Jun Wan might have some attachment issues but Ik Sun is selfish and overall toxic. She reflects too much of her past relationship onto Jun Wan as if he’s the one responsible for it. Then she simply DISCARDS him instead of owning up to her mistake. Jun Wan deserve better than her