So the cast has been officially announced for the second series! Somebody please tell them that a sequel does not work without the whole original cast being stripped away !! I dunno, still excited for the new series to come out, and there are many months before May but what do you guys think about the original cast nowhere to be seen for this sequel??

I actually think it makes sense for ITSAY to change its cast for the second season. It is rare for people to stay in contact with high school friends, and I have a feeling that this season will recognise and play with this theme of change and moving on. That being said, I will miss Tarn as I was looking forward to her friendship with Teh, but hopefully she and Hoon will make an appearance somewhere.

Yes, I agree. Even before they released the casts, I knew that most of them are going to be gone as they entered different universities. I am open to these new characters. I do believe or think that at least MoRaoYuLok will make an appearance as their reunion?? maybe Tarn as well? idk haha but there's a possibility.

I think Hoon and Teh's Ma are going to be there. I think they still play a big part especially Hoon when the time comes that Teh will tell his mother about him and Oh Aew. (I think if it has a scene like that, Hoon will be there)

Overall, I understand why and it's okay for me. I will just imagine in my mind that they all got their own happy ending especially Bas and Tarn.

However, during the Offering Ceremony of Part 1, if I am not mistaken Hoon and Teh's Mother were not there but they played a big role on ITSAY 1 so there's still a chance for the old casts haha. 

I don't know what to expect! I'm quite sad that the supporting cast from Part 1 won't be there anymore. I'm going to miss Bas and Tharn so much, but perhaps the new cast is a sign that Part 2 will feel fresh and novel, without it being a repeat/ exhausting remake of Part 1.  I'm excited for it! Hopefully, Bas and Tharn will make a small appearance atleast!

But I thought the same main couple was announced?

marthinha:

But I thought the same main couple was announced?

Yes,  but they changed all the support cast from the previous season.

I suppose it makes sense with them going to university, but I do wish I could see Bas find a new love 

I think that it is not bad at all, once you've entered in the university there is an instance that there would be a new set of friends especially they took up different courses, unless they applied it in same university.

I understand the reasoning behind changing the cast and adding new cast. That happens when you leave home and go away to college. The next time you meet may be at the class reunion ten or even 25 years later. So to me this is maintaining the realism. What is scary to me is that as each meets new people and begin to have new experiences change is inevitable and that will undoubtably affect the relationship.