I'm new to the site, thought I'd say hiya! I'm Lauren, 21, from the US. I mainly stick with Korean dramas but I love watching anything with a good plot (: Also a big K-pop fan. Like obsessed, it's ridiculous haha.
Hello and welcome! I'm Dex, nice to meet you! XD There's nothing wrong with being obsessed. Who are your favorite groups?
Hey! Welcome to MDL! Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed, too. All my friends think I'm a little off my rocker. heheh
FullDex wrote: Who are your favorite groups?

I love sooo many groups haha but if I have to pick my faves it would be BigBang (Jiyong is my ultimate bias :3), VIXX (Hakyeon is a close second for my UB), Nu'est, Royal Pirates, GOT7, and I'm patiently waiting for WINNER to debut. They need to hurry up already. Ugh.
Stasiamae wrote: Hey! Welcome to MDL!
Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed, too. All my friends think I'm a little off my rocker. heheh

Thanks!
Hahaha I know what you mean, my friends are the same! xD
XD You do like a lot. I agree with you that Winner needs to debut already! I'm curious about the other new YG groups as well.
FullDex wrote: XD You do like a lot. I agree with you that Winner needs to debut already! I'm curious about the other new YG groups as well.

LMAO that's not even half the list. I have over 300 kpop songs on my itunes and I still have a list of artists to download. I obviously have a problem.
I'm really curious too! I heard talk of Team B being among those that might be debuting. I really hope that doesn't end up the case. As much as I want them to debut as well, they need to wait. It's WINNER's turn right now.
I think I got you beat. I have over 3000 songs that are either k-pop or j-pop/j-rock (mainly k-pop though), so I think I'm the one with the problem, lol! I even got my mother into k-pop! I just meant that you have a lot of favorites XD I heard that as well. I do agree with you though that maybe they should wait, it would probably be for the best.
FullDex wrote: I think I got you beat. I have over 3000 songs that are either k-pop or j-pop/j-rock (mainly k-pop though), so I think I'm the one with the problem, lol! I even got my mother into k-pop! I just meant that you have a lot of favorites XD

I heard that as well. I do agree with you though that maybe they should wait, it would probably be for the best.

LOL I envy your library xD I have so many songs to download omg. Well that's good! lmao my mom just thinks I'm weird :c
I do have a lot of favorites haha it's so hard for me to choose. What groups are your faves?

I think it would be best for them to wait. I mean, what was the point of them competing on WIN if they both debut at the same time?
I just listen to korean radio. I'm not good enough for torrenting so I have to convert songs from youtube, song by song. I've only succesfully downloaded a few of f(x)'s albums. Actually... I think I have a gg album on here, too, but I don't listen to it a lot. O__O I need to get more skillful at torrenting so I can get more music. DX
Stasiamae wrote: I just listen to korean radio. I'm not good enough for torrenting so I have to convert songs from youtube, song by song. I've only succesfully downloaded a few of f(x)'s albums. Actually... I think I have a gg album on here, too, but I don't listen to it a lot. O__O I need to get more skillful at torrenting so I can get more music. DX

I usually use KickassTorrents for my music but they don't seem to have a lot of kpop and stuff :/
But THIS BLOG is marvelous, holy crap! It's where I've gotten like 80% of my kpop library.
ohailaurenn wrote: LOL I envy your library xD I have so many songs to download omg. Well that's good! lmao my mom just thinks I'm weird :c
I do have a lot of favorites haha it's so hard for me to choose. What groups are your faves?

I think it would be best for them to wait. I mean, what was the point of them competing on WIN if they both debut at the same time?

Don't worry, you'll get there! XD My mom thought I was weird for years, until she saw the light, lol! I actually got her hooked first through k-dramas.

My top 3 are DBSK (original 5), Super Junior, and Big Bang. Daesung and Jaejoong are my favorites, I love their singing, but Heechul is my main bias <3

True, very true.

I think both of you should look into asiatorrents, I can send you an invite if you'd like to try it, it's where I got a good portion of my music.
dont get me wrong ok? im not into any music... so im just asking how can you appreciate a song if you dont understand it?
Aren't we all obsesses on this site:) Me, with dramas though... korean mostly, but started to watch taiwanese a few months ago, and got fully into it, too:) So welcome to MDL:)
bluemoon_onna wrote: dont get me wrong ok? im not into any music... so im just asking how can you appreciate a song if you dont understand it?

For me I like feeling the emotions of the singer(s) of the song. If they're really good singers, you can feel the emotion. Some of my favorites have sang songs so powerful they started to cry on stage. Most of the time though, I just love the beat of the music, a lot of the times it's very catchy. And if I find a group I really enjoy, I'll look up the singers on variety shows and things like that where you can see their personalities and then I fall in love with them even more <3 Plus, you can always look up the lyrics online, just like watching dramas with subs.