Hello!

I'm a teacher from Toronto, and someone on the internet recommended this website when I was wondering if there was a Goodreads style site for K dramas (or similar).

I met my wife (an American) several years ago when we were both teaching English in Korea. It was only after we'd been back in Canada for some years that we fell into K dramas. We've since watched several, usually choosing the next one based on some actor crossover or vague word of mouth.

I was hoping this site could give us some new ideas for dramas, based on what we've enjoyed. So far I'm not convinced that the Recommended for You section will work great for us.

Generally I think this site is neat, and I'm wondering how other people like to use it. I've added all the dramas that I've seen, including the handful that I only watched a little of and dropped. I haven't had the heart to try to rate them all yet, and I can be fickle about that kind of thing anyway. I think my favourites were Crash Landing on You and Start-Up, but I just finished Mr. Sunshine and it currently demands the top spot.

Feel free to drop me a line, and/or let me know what you like about MDL, or which dramas you think I might like (my wife and I have fairly similar taste).

Cheers!

Hi daseosmyeongok. Welcome to MyDramaList! 

To talk about mdl, the site is quite an unique one of its kind imo. It serves as a database for Asian dramas/movies and at the same time a platform to connect with the community. Since, you've already made into the forum, you can check out all the sub-sections. You can create a new post/thread and ask for recommendations or find other people's post. 

The feed is another way to communicate with other users. If you haven't checked it already, it's like those social media platforms(Facebook, Twitter). You can post and interact with users, share your thoughts or discuss and definitely ask for recommendations.

You can also become friend with other users who shares the same interest as you(well, not necessarily they'll need to have same taste). The community is very friendly here. So, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Hope, you have a good time here!