It seems that I don't like a lot of the popular shows that people like. I don't like toxic shows/personalities, serial killer shows or zombiefests. Although I did like Weak Hero Class 1 and Ashin of the North. I also find the  majority of Hong Sisters shows boring; including Alchemy of Souls, although I did enjoy Mu Deok. I could not finish Extracurricular, Move to Heaven, Vincenzo, Nevertheless or Flower of Evil. I tend to end up watching Fantasy/Romance dramas or Action dramas if they are decent. I know Strong Woman Do Bong Soon was popular, but I found the comedy really cheesey and I did not like how Do Bong Soon was portrayed 

I think I've watched all of the popular Fantasy Dramas, Goblin being my favourite and  Uncanny Counters and Tomorrow being good too. I haven't rewatched too many shows, other then My Name (many times) ?, Goblin, Uncanny Counters, No Mercy, The Witch Part 1 and Extraordinary Attorney Woo. I also liked the Man from Nowhere.

I wish I could find My People by searching the User Lists for dropped shows. Although I'm afraid that My People don't exist. ? I realize the recommendations are meant to fufill this need to some extent.

Since I can't find you, have a look at my dropped shows to see if we are Kin. Don't be too repulsed by my list. LOL.

Ouh I recommend you to check out japanese dramas. You can filter the search by choosing “romance” tag and sorting the shows by most popular or top ranked. Since japanese dramas are small (10 episodes, each about 50 minutes) you can definitely find something fun! If korean dramas then I recommend 

100 days my prince 

Encounter

Extraordinary you

Her Private Life

Hi school- love on

Hotel del luna

What’s wrong with secretary Kim

Love in the moonlight

My id is gangnam beauty

more than friends

My strange hero

Shopping King Louie

while you were sleeping

Yumi’s cells

these are some popular romance kdramas, some also include fantasy ?

Teaa,

Thanks for the detailed reply, I've only watched a few Japanese dramas and I wasn't overwhelmed, but I haven't explored enough. I did enjoy Hotel Del Luna, mostly because of IU ?, although I thought her acting was much better in My Mister. My Mister was so depressing though, but I get that the age difference didn't leave much choice. I've been thinking of Love between Devil and Fairy, but it has so many episodes. ? I tend to binge, so I prefer shorter series, but there aren't many of those. I've been thinking of CLOY, but the concept seems so ridiculous. Although I just finished Because This is my First Life, but it had Mu Deok ? and Uliui. My Roommate is a Gumiho had a similar theme.

I see What's Wrong with Secretary Kim recommended a lot. I tried to watch Bad Police tonight, but it got dropped pretty quickly. Backstreet Rookie looked interesting until I read some of the One Star reviews. OMFG. I'll likely rewatch something until I have an epiphany. Maybe Healer or Hometown Cha Cha Cha. I'm still waiting for Vagabond 2 (good luck with that), Uncanny Counters 2 and Taxi Driver 3. 

Thanks again.

Teaa,

I see a few of your recommendations are on my Recommend List. LOL. I've been thinking about Suspicious Partner too, and it has Kwon Na-Ra. She was in Itaewon Class, another favourite. 

Firstly, here are some movies to check:

• Along with the Gods (SK_2 movies)
  • Kingdom (Jpn_2 movies)
  • Hwayi: A Monster Boy (SK)
  • Berlin File (SK)

As for dramas, i don't really know what to recommend because the ones you don't like vs do like seems to be encompassing genre. Hmmnn but allow me to recommend or suggest some: 

• Heartless City (SK) - a bit like My Name, with action and has backdrop being that part seedy areas of society.
  • Killer K (SK) - mini drama with such girl boss female lead
  • W: Two worlds (SK) - romcom fantasy drama with alternate/different world stories. There was some hiccup of the story toward the end by overall the drama is pretty enjoyable
  • Hotel del Luna (SK) - fantasy drama with fusion of historical, modern and fantasy elements (ghost, reincarnation and etc) 
  • Reset (Chn) - time loop drama that has light and good character goibg through the mystery and pain of trying to save themselves over and over again
  • Dele (Jpn) 
  • Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Jpn)

Czakhareina,

You're correct there probably is some crossover between my likes and dislikes in the same genre.  Probably why I tend to research my choices.

My dislikes are toxic characters, zombies, sad endings, corny comedy and serial killers. Although I did enjoy The Glory and Weak Hero Class 1. The Glory probably fits into my Girl Revenge fetish. ? I also enjoyed Taxi Driver and it can be corny. 

Thanks for the movie recommendations, I'll check them out. I did enjoy Hotel Del Luna, mostly because IU was so good. I did read about W in detail, but a lot of the reviews talked about the glitch you mentioned.

Thanks

KDrama_Boy:
Backstreet Rookie looked interesting until I read some of the One Star reviews.

I'm glad I ignored those, as "Backstreet Rookie" was enjoyable for me.  Have you watched any of the following?

CMR,

I've heard of the first three and Love to Hate You. I considered Love to Hate you, but moved on. I was just reading the synopsis on Decider and they said it had a similar vibe to Hometown Cha Cha Cha. I guess it goes back on my list. Introverted Boss has also been in the back of my mind. Sh**ting Stars was also intriguing, if not for the name alone. I see it's a Studio Dragon production.

Thanks

Czakhareina,

I assume Killer K is the same as Little Girl K? I've been looking for that one for a while. I did find the first two episodes on YouTube, but I never did find episode 3. I'd like to find a quality stream of the entire series.

KDrama_Boy:

Czakhareina,

I assume Killer K is the same as Little Girl K? I've been looking for that one for a while. I did find the first two episodes on YouTube, but I never did find episode 3. I'd like to find a quality stream of the entire series.

Yeah that is it. Oh i didn't know that part 3 is missing. I think I watched that in dramafever .

KDrama_Boy:

Czakhareina,

You're correct there probably is some crossover between my likes and dislikes in the same genre.  Probably why I tend to research my choices.

My dislikes are toxic characters, zombies, sad endings, corny comedy and serial killers. Although I did enjoy The Glory and Weak Hero Class 1. The Glory probably fits into my Girl Revenge fetish. ? I also enjoyed Taxi Driver and it can be corny. 

Thanks for the movie recommendations, I'll check them out. I did enjoy Hotel Del Luna, mostly because IU was so good. I did read about W in detail, but a lot of the reviews talked about the glitch you mentioned.

Thanks

Sad ending, hmmnnn i guess Heartless City is out. Or maybe not!? 

This one is very dark, like noir drama. And It was a very open ended ending (?). But if you consider how they want to make audience assume about what happened toward the end....

The male lead was sooooo good. The probably FL, aka girl that is the focus of affection of ML, was a bit hmmmnnnn... I mean, I cant really discribe her well, other than say she is written to be a strong woman but she does stupid things. So there was that annoying part of the FL. but there is another woman in the drama, and she is one to watch for. she is such a girl boss.... 

IU's girl boss character in  Hotel del Luna was so good. And with "W: 2 worlds", it started strong... but sadly it had some writing issue towards the end. 

If you are a fan of weak hero 1, I also wanna recommend Tong Memories.... 

Last additional recommendation is D.P.

Healer is a good drama, the romance, the political strife, justice fighting gang arc was nicely woven together. 

Lastly, for Backstreet Rookie, I was supposed to be a girl boss but it felt less than what a girl boss should be or it felt very jarring to that type. That character irritated me somehow. I had high hopes for the drama and the leads, but alas...

Czakhareina,

Sad ending, hmmnnn i guess Heartless City is out. Or maybe not!? 

It was a very open ended ending, if you consider how they want to make audience assume about what happened toward the end.

I  tend to like things to be black and white, which is ironic because my job is 50 shades of grey or maybe it's brown. LOL. I will bring order to chaos one day, even if it means bringing a few people to their Glory. LOL. Pun intended for the humour challenged.

how about taste of diff country. like china or japan

Komentator isenk:

how about taste of diff country. like china or japan

I've included the few Japanese dramas I've watched that might be of interest to you, and I mostly watch K-Dramas (and a niche genre of dramas from outwith Korea), so will leave it to others to provide content from other countries.

Since you said you seem to enjoy fantasy dramas, what about C-Dramas like The Untamed or Word of Honor?