So, I watched Fuben na Benriya a while ago, and loved it so much (I'm still not quite over it). I have a thing for stories set in far off places like mountains, small villages, that kind of thing - and Hokkaido definitely fits that bill. So since I loved the setting so much I figured I'd ask:

does anyone have any other recommendations for jdramas set in Hokkaido? Any genres or time periods will be greatly appreciated. 

Kita no kuni kara was a big hit in Japan in 1981. I didn't watch it yet but it's definitely on my list, as I'm an Hokkaido lover.

Do you have any particular interest in Hokkaido?
When I've seen Hokkaido, I was sure Fuben na Benriya had something to do with it. :P

I know of 2 movies, the Yellow Handkerchief and the Unforgiven.
Also some movies directed by Akira Kurosawa were shot in Hokkaido.
@kisugi I will definitely check it out! 
I know very little about Hokkaido, the same could be said for a great part of Japan - most of my knowledge is focused around the more central cities like Tokyo, Nagoya and possibly Kyoto. I just know I enjoyed seeing parts of Japan in Fuben na Benriya that I hadn't seen before, and I really liked the atmosphere of that place. 
you should see Yasashii Jikan, a very beautiful drama set in Hokkaido
Mother, and airing drama Itsuka Koi .... have first episode set in Hokkaido
@Nagelfar Thanks for the recs! 
@Simplifica Thanks so much, Yasashii Jikan sounds exactly like something I would like! 
Many interesting references, thanks for sharing everyone!

@zombiehero If you're interested in other parts of Japan, you should also have a look at "Osozaki no himawari". The drama in itself is not fantastic but I enjoyed seeing Shikoku's sceneries. 
"Kaze no Garden" is a nice option! It made me want to go visit the place some day, nice sceneries and such, most of the drama takes place at the garden and forest though. It is not a grandiose drama but it is a warm and light option. You should try it.
@ Thanks! I added it to my tbw :) 
@ ara99 Sounds like something I could enjoy! Thanks for mentioning it :) 
Tree of Heaven. 
Wow I didn't know there were all these based in Hokkaido. Thanks for starting this thread zombiehero ;)