Doubles

Good movie to pass time nothing crazy though

Anata no Soba de Ashita ga Warau  

Mizu wa Umi ni Mukatte Nagareru
I was looking forward to it because of my favorite noona romance trope and Spitz performing its theme song. The film overall didn't offer much and could've gone wrong in some parts, but fortunately, they're avoided.
Just decent.

Love Life (2022) - This movie went in unexpected directions a few times, touching on some heavy and interesting themes but never becoming too absorbed in them. Ten minutes before it was over I thought I hated where it was going, then it ended on a note, or I should say, in a mood that was much to my liking.

Home: The House Imp (2012) - nice little family friendly movie featuring my favourite youkai a Zashiki-warashi.

The Zen Diary (2022) - This movie was based on Tsutomu Mizukami's essay "Twelve months to eat soil" - I wonder why that appetizing title was changed for the western audience? :D If iyashikei was an existing genre on this site this film would definitely have it on its page.

Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night (2010) - it was the last movie I watched in 2023. Not much of a horror, almost the same story as the american original, but is was good for whiling the time away.

Bungo Stray Dogs: Beast  

Monster (2023) - I have been waiting for so long to watch this film because of Kora-Eda, Sakura Ando and all the accolades it got in Cannes and though I was afraid of getting disappointed in the end, but fortunately it delivered. Best japanese movie from 2023 of those I have seen until now.

Ajin: demi - humans

Does the Flower Bloom?  

Last movie I watched was Namiya general store.

I totally loved it, I love poetic Japanese movies