Go, Go, Second Time Virgin (1969) - Yeah, I get that it was radical and provocative at the time it was shot, and it had a budget smaller than somebody would pay for a second-hand car , but that doesn't necesserily make of it more for the contemporary viewer than a somewhat pretentious curiosity.

We Couldn't Become Adults- Kind of makes you reflect on the impact people have on your life and the regrets of the choices you make along the way.

Grand Guignol- Very strange and full of shock value.

Kotoko (2011) - Hell, this was a distrubing experience! Sometimes I just had to turn away from the monitor, because my mirror neurons made me feel the same pain that this poor girl was going through. A lot of japanese movies out there that focus on the hardships of being a mother, what it can give or take away from you, showing different joys, struggles and family dynamics but I hardly remember any that was from the perspective of a mother struggling with psychosis. Just wow! Don't let the genre shown on this site mislead you, it is not horror but a psychological thriller.

A Bride for Rip Van Winkle (2016) - It was a long time ago when I binged Iwai Shunji's movies but somehow I missed this one at that time. Not his best movie, but I liked it anyway. I am still a bit conflicted about the character Amuro Yukimasu, he was a catalyzing force in Nanami's life, made a mess of it, brought her to her lows and then to her highs for the sake of his own gains, still I couldn't bring myself to be mad at him. It felt like she too got a lot out of it in the end - experience, growth and some kind of strange peace at the end of the story.

Confessions(2010)- I Started it mainly for Ai Hashmoto although the plot did seem interesting,i have to say it was fantastic i was taken aback at the start with the way it was directed and the way the story was progressing.Highly reccomended for a psychological revenge movie.

An Autumn Afternoon 1962

The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window

Happened upon this on NGN a few weeks ago. The channel usually airs movies on a week inbetween a drama that just ended and one coming up. Recognized a couple names (Takito Kenichi!) so I decided to watch the entire thing. Kind of meh overall and very, VERY whiny behavior from the two lead characters. The entire time felt worth it for a short cameo from Kitagawa Keiko.

Ajin: demi - humans

Not Quite Dead Yet- Very unserious and fun. I enjoyed it.

Ginga Tetsudo no Chichi (Father of the Milky Way Railroad) (2023) - I remember that when the first time I heard Miyazawa Kenji's poem Ame ni mo makezu in the movie called Letter from the Mountain (2002), I had to pause the film and look up who this guy was, then, after finishing the movie, read his other poems and one or two of his children's tale as well. It is no wonder that apart from Osamu Dazai he is the most referred to novelist and author in japanese movies and cartoons (like in Tatamy Galaxy for example), there is a reason that the japanese are almost obsessed with him. His ideals and the way he lived represents a kind of ideal that resonates well with many, so it is no wonder that this movie, seemingly focusing on his father, was made about his life. Far from perfect, a bit of a tearjerker, but at least I could hear again Ame ni mo Makezu, this time in the interpretation of Koji Yakusho. Hearing it made me emotional again, though this time for different reason than the first time.

Case of Kyoko, Case of Shuichi  (2013) - one of those japanese movies that use the aftermath of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami as the background of the story.

Even if This Love Disappears from the World Tonight  

Loved it ❤️.  Its among my favorite  movies now. Brilliant script and outstanding execution. 

In Love and Deep Water
Not bad considering it's a Netflix production. Mediocre, decent ending.