Kimi Ni Todoke!! I was watching the anime when updates about it getting Live Actions came out. I then watched the Movie and checks on the manga for updates.

Princess Princess D was my first drama because I was looking at Princess Princess stuff and found out via a forum there was a live action. XD Then I discovered Hana Kimi and I discovered Here is Greenwood had been made. So my first dramas were really manga related. XD
To me it seems that nearly all jdramas are adaptions of manga or novel. Its kinda rare to find jdrama with original script. Some of them (still few) manage find new and fresh creative aproatch and let actors show real acting skills but mostly are manga adaptions into jdrama done in "manga"style, what makes them to me boring and ruins actors chanses to really create well balanced characters. If i want manga style - i prefer read original manga, even adaptions into anime with "manga style" are less annoying. Adaptions into kdrama or tdrama are more interesting and creative.
LOL KDrama fan indeed.
kyou, koi wo hajimemasu :'3

I've been reading this manga for a few months and was totally hooked and then.BOOM I found out a movie was going to appear in december

It's been released on december 8th 2012 in Japan.. but I guess it'll be some time until i'll be able to watch it T_T damn it..why don't I live in Japan? T_T
I usually found the live action first then I'll watch the anime (I know I know, reversal... haha) 
Manga I love with a very good and satisfying live action:
1. Kimi ni Todoke
2. Sprout
3. Gokusen
4. Nana
5. Death Note
6. Kimi wa Petto
7. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (Wolf Girl and Black Prince)
8. Ore Monogatari!! (My Love Story!!)
9. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - not sure yet if it was...
10. Chihayafuru
11. L♥DK
12. The Kodai Family

Manga adaption I'm waiting on (haven't watched yet):
1. Today's Kira-kun
2. Daytime Shooting Star
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
4. Ajin - Demi Human
5. One Week Friends
6. Kuzu no Honkai
7. Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu
8. Tokyo Tarareba Musume
9. The Badly-Bruised Devil
10. Zenigata Keibu
11. March Comes in Like a Lion
12. ReLIFE
13. Blade of the Immortal
14. Tokyo Ghoul
15. Okuda Tamio ni Naritai Boy to Deau Otoko Subete Kuruwaseru Garu
16. P to JK
17. The Town Where Only I Am Missing
18. MARS: The Movie
19. Sumika Sumire
20. Oboreru Knife
@Inori01    Kuzu no Honkai live action is out.   So far only 8 eps are subtitled...waiting on final 4.   You can watch on kissasian   I am liking it and like the 2 leads together a lot.