i'm kind of over the passive female with the tsundere male trope. 

are there any good drama/movie with a strong cool female lead?? the male lead can be tsundere-esque but i want the female lead to give as good as she gets. 

by strong and cool, she can be tough as nails or quirky or goofy. just as long as she doesnt just accept it when people behave badly towards her.

thank you!

I think Long Vacation fits the bill, and it's really good.

Check out:

• 1% of something
  • Reply 1997
  • In Time With You
  • You Are My Hero
  • Healer
  • Go Ahead
 Czakhareina:

Check out:

• 1% of something
  • Reply 1997
  • In Time With You
  • You Are My Hero
  • Healer
  • Go Ahead

Thank you for the recs! But I'm looking for Japanese dramas/movies

thank you though!

Incandenza:

I think Long Vacation fits the bill, and it's really good.

thank you i'll check this one out!!

Here's a few that are mostly pretty recent that I think qualify:

• Family's Form (2016) - Ueno Juri stars as Kumagai Hanako who works at a coffee distributor and slowly falls in love with the seemingly selfish Nagasato Daisuke who works at a stationery maker where she frequently sends complaint letters.
  • Gibo to Musume no Blues (2018) - Ayase Haruka stars as Miyamoto (nee Iwaki) Akiko who has a strange, but strong personality and marries a father of a young daughter who is terminally ill... this is actually sort of a double romance (she falls in love twice).
  • G-Senjou no Anata to Watashi (2019) - Haru stars as Kogure Yaeko, a woman who just quit her job thinking she was going to be married and become a housewife, but her fiance dumps her saying he has fallen for another woman. Inspired by a violin performance, she decides to take up violin lessons and a complex web of relationships and romance ensues.
  • Neechan no Koibito (2020) - Arimura Kasumi stars as Adachi Momoko who quit university after her parents died to support her family with 3 younger brothers. She meets a warehouse worker at the company where she works and falls in love, but he has a dark secret.
  • Kikazaru Koi ni wa Riyuu ga Atte (2021) - Kawaguchi Haruna stars as Mashiba Kurumi, a publicist at an interior design company who ends up in a share house... it's kind of complicated... she has an unrequited crush on the company president, but he basically gets fired and disappears. Slowly she develops a complicated romance with her housemate who seems to have an opposite idea of how to live than she does, but they eventually realize they have more in common and both begin to change.

Neechan no Koibito - YES!

Also, Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku 

Long Vacation
Abarendo Mama
Beautiful Life
Bijo ka Yajuu
Hana Yori Dango
Kimi wa Pet (2003)
Love Revolution

Czakhareina:

Check out:

• 1% of something