Also known as: Songstress / Diva
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 11
Viewership ratings: 07.9(Kanto)
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2007-Oct-12 to 2007-Dec-21
Air time: Friday 22:00

Koizumi Akira, a son of a popular songstress, travels to a small-town cinema in far-off Kochi Prefecture to watch the closing movie before the theatre shuts its doors forever. The movie takes place in the same village but during the Showa 30s (1950s), in the years following the war. The story follows a young soldier who washes ashore on the beach one day, having lost his memory. He is given the name Shimanto Taro and he is adopted into a family that runs a cinema at the village. The story revolves around Taro's relationship with the villagers, especially with the youngest daughter of the family that took him in.

http://www.mydramalist.com/front/dramalist-ajax.php?dramaid=879
I just finished Utahime, and it was just great! Sugoi! I Loved It! In the words of the main character Taro, "I'm touched!" Aibu Saki and Nagase Tomoya do great as the leads. After seeing Nagase Tomoya in My Boss My Hero, Unubore Deka, and now Utahime He is now one of my favorite actors. He is hilarious and awesome! Aibu Saki is absolutely beautiful as always, and although it took me a second to get used to her playing a happy cheerful character (since I can never get her playing the devil woman in Buzzer Beat out of my head) I think she did a great job as Suzu. The entire town of Tosa Shimizu is also good, especially Sabako and Geruman.

1st episode - I liked it, it awakened me from my dramaslump
2nd and 3rd ep - almost dropped it but kept watching because I love the leads
4th ep - fell in love with it all the way till the end