GReeeeN is a Japanese pop/rock/hip hop/breakbeat vocal group from Kōriyama city in Fukushima prefecture, comprising the all-male four members Hide, Navi, 92, and Soh. They made their debut with Universal Music in 2007. Their logo image is of a mouthful of teeth, and the four Es indicate the number of members.

One notable characteristic is that none of the members have ever shown their faces in the public sphere as a part of GReeeeN, whether in their promotional videos, CDs, television performances, or the Internet. In their only performance on TV-U Fukushima's music show Music Bar Palo Palo (broadcast on January 19, 2007), the group even went as far as censoring their faces during the performance. GReeeeN cites keeping their professional lives in dentistry compatible with their musical ventures as the reason, but one of the members, Hide, has hinted that after all of the members pass the prefectural examination in dentistry and receive permission from the directors of the hospitals they work for, the group may consider a public appearance.

The members? identities are still unknown, as their faces have never been made public. At first, the group stated that they would wait until all of the members passed the exam before revealing their faces, but in 2009 they indicated that they will still keep their identities secret to avoid any interference with their careers as dentists.

Discography
Albums
2007 - A, Domo. Hajimemashite (sales: 578,000 - Platinum)
2008 - A, Domo. Ohisashiburi Desu (sales: 902,000 - 2× Platinum)
2009 - Shio, Koshō (sales: 1,006,000 - Million)
2012 - Uta Utai ga Uta Utai ni Kite Uta Utae to Iu ga Uta Utai ga Uta Utau Dake Utai Kireba Uta Utau Keredomo Uta Utai Dake Uta Utaikirenai Kara Uta Utawanu!?

Compilation albums
2009 Ima Made no A Men, B Men Dest!? (sales: 550,000 - 3× Platinum)
2010 AB Dest!? Tour!? 2010 Supported by Hudson x Greeeen Live!? Deeees!? (sales: 22,000)

Singles
2007 - "Michi"
2007 - "High G.K Low (Hajikero)"
2007 - "Ai Uta"
2007 - "Hito"
2008 - "Be Free/Namidazora"
2008 - "Tabidachi"
2008 - "Kiseki"
2008 - "Ashiato"
2008 - "Tobira"
2009 - "Ayumi"
2009 - "Setsuna"
2009 - "Haruka"
2011 - "Good Lucky!!!!!"
2011 - "Hana Uta"
2011 - "So Ra Shi Do"
2011 - "Koibumi (Rabu Retaa)"
2012 - "Misenai Namida wa, Kitto Itsuka"
2012 - "Orange"
2012 - "Oh!!!! Meiwaku!!!!"

Awards
2008 - New Artist of the Year (Japan Gold Disk Awards)
2008 - "Ai Uta" as Chaku-Uta Song of the Year (Japan Gold Disk Awards)
2008 - "Kiseki" as Best Ringtone (Student Voice Awards)
2008 - "Ai Uta" as Works category (Yahoo! Music Awards)
2009 - "Shio, Kosho" as Best Album (Japan Record Awards)
2009 - "Shio, Kosho" as Album Award (Japan Record Awards)

One of popular songs by GReeeeN: Kiseki (OST. ROOKIES)
Anyone likes them?? I first heard "Kiseki" in my friend's car... then I borrowed the CD.. and end up liking them..lol and they just released a new album.. with such a long title.. "Uta utai ga uta utai ni kite uta utae toiu ga uta utai ga uta utau dake utai kireba uta utau keredomo uta utai dake uta utaikirenai kara uta utawanu!?" LOL..haven't heard the album, tho... but I will, soon... :D
How come GReeeeN's thread is all dead??? these guys are awesome!! They would be on my favorites top list if it wasn't for the little inconvenience of not showing themselves anywhere, really, I don't care for their faces nor appearance but what about giving a concert with masks on? just saying... For me nothing compares to music in live so it is a shame we can't hear them in an actual live :/ And no, those concert attempts with their silhouettes on screens don't count, not unless they are actually behind the screen singing and dancing -in live- xD
^ i know right! maybe not many people know about them (?) yeah, i think they're too much in hiding themselves... but anyway, it's not that I can see their live even if they really do it live (with mask, for example) so as long as they still have new songs come out, I'm still fine with it..lol
I actually have Tobira on my playlist. :) Thanks for posting the Rookies themesong. It's my first time hearing it. It's good
^you're welcome...
I really like the song, include the lyric... ^^

btw, my other favourite songs by them:

Ai Uta
Usually, "songs about love" tends to be really good. Hahaha.
Their lyrics are the best! if you ever want a song to lift your mood or a love song to dedicate to someone without being the usual cheesy song... just go through GReeeeN's entire discography :)

My favorite is Haruka which also happens to be ROOKIES theme song of the movie (and btw, ROOKIES is one of my favorite dramas so far T^T)

The lyrics are just perfect, I thought nothing would be able to beat it until they released Green Boys for the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami and I lost the count of times I cried listening at it and watching the video. So Green Boys is my 2nd favorite.

soracantabile wrote:
but anyway, it's not that I can see their live even if they really do it live (with mask, for example)
so as long as they still have new songs come out, I'm still fine with it..lol

You're right, but lets suppose they release the DVD, at least we should be able to listen them live on there xD
of course, in the meantime I jump happily when they announce new releases :)