For reasons I grade "Momen no Handkerchief "as the greatest and most-underrated song of the 1970s:

I always thought the melodies were really unique and didn't flow naturally -- it took a while for it to really sink in. But it was after I was able to read a translation of the lyrics that the song hit me hard. The tune seems to have has that pep and skip but really, it's unique in that it's a back and forth between lovers on a downbound train. I couldn't believe how heartbreaking this famous song really was.

Yutaka Ozaki is from the 80's and early 90's i think

Sxryx:

Yutaka Ozaki is from the 80's and early 90's i think

oh...  <3

KASSAI -- CHIAKI Naomi. One of the great Showa-era songs of all time. A J-Pop classic.

Finally got around to watching the NHK BS broadcast of "Densetsu Concert" featuring one of my faves, PRINCESS PRINCESS, from September 1990: https://www.nhk.jp/p/ts/KZ1WX2427V/episode/te/39KGGG55M7/

This was advertised as being "remastered." I assume people expect miracles from decades-old videotape but there's only so much upscaling tech possible these days. It was a good watch, though -- there are some songs I've never seen performed in their entirety.

Seeing Yamamoto Linda on UTACON (see post on another thread) reminded me of my personal favorite tune of hers: Kurusasetai no. 

Ask your folks: Prime Linda was awesome.