My first K-drama was  "I am Not a Robot" late 2019.

Although I liked it very much, it didn't get me hooked on K-dramas. However, it made me aware of their quality, and I started to watch one every few months.

I started to really get into K-drama after "Squid Game", and that continued into 2022, but when we started this year I watched "My Mister", which is one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life (almost 50) in any language. Since then I switched to K-drama, and watched only one American show this year.

American shows completely lost me with their open ended multi-seasons format. You start an American show, and you don't know whether it will end after one year or after 10, or maybe you never get an end at all and get cancelled in the middle.

Cheese in the Trap

Black in February 2021

I was trying to understand how a movie like Parasite that I think it is a chef d'oeuvre was made and I started reviewing all Korean media. I symply bit the hook. I became a fan: 337 and counting and my life revolves around Korean dramas. I even said once: "My life is like a Korean drama, a lot of tears and no sex".  In Spanish sounds better.

My first was boys over flowers but I watched it 2020 didn't really understand the whole hype and almost swore off kdramas until I watched true beauty

I think it was Warrior baek dong soo, bridal mask or secret garden. 

Kingmaker: Changer of Destiny

I believe my first K-Drama would be All About Eve (2000), and I was so in love with Jang Dong Gun for a very long time because of it. 

Bee:

Oh My Ghost

I loved that series. In my top 10.

Marissa_Desiree26:

I believe my first K-Drama would be All About Eve (2000), and I was so in love with Jang Dong Gun for a very long time because of it. 

Wow, good to know this! I was in love with him because of this drama as well. This is not my first K-Drama but definitely it made me start to love K-Drama. My first K-Drama is Tomato (1999) I guess...

Flower of Evil 

https://mydramalist.com/54625-flower-of-evil

My very first Korean Drama.The reason i gave up Western ones,as i rarely and very selectively watch anymore. 

Marissa_Desiree26:

mine too ? and I watched it without subtitles (I dot understand Korean at all) then years later I watched it again with subtitles.

I think mine  was Her Private Life i watched it in 2019 but i started watching BL before k-drama.(i didn´t mean to put 2018 i wasn´t thinking Correctly so i fixed it)

Crash Landing on You, watched it in aug 2020, height of the pandemic. Can barely believe it's been 3 years already. I loved everything about it, the 16 episode structure, how the plot twists and elements are masterfully written, developed and wrapped up...but what stope the show for me were the second leads:

I had been exposed to korean cinema almost a decade earlier though, I watched the Jang Hoon movies The Front Line (2011) - MyDramaList  and Secret Reunion (2010) - MyDramaList .  I liked them a lot.

Then in 2019 the monolithic Parasite made waves and I watched it, loved it, and watched the oscars live to see it become the first foreign movie ever to win.