It sounds odd...but I would like to share XL and Xiao Liu first meeting in chapter 2. I think it is very important to the plot. I am skipping Furball eating poor Jiu Jiu. My thoughts will be in blue color.

Xiao Liu opened his eyes and from his vantage point could only see the man’s waist. “I’ve lived in Qing Shui Town for over twenty years, a quick check will confirm it.”
The man ignored him as he changed his robe and sat down at his desk to review documentsIt was then that Xiao Liu finally saw his face clearly. White hair like the clouds that wasn’t tied into a bun but instead a jade-colored rope was used to tie it neatly back to let it fall behind his head. His face was so beautifully handsome it bordered on surreal. His entire body was so spotlessly clean it was eerie.
At this time he was holding a document in one hand as his eyes were lifted in scorn. He sensed Xiao Liu looking at him and smiled towards Xiao Liu who shivered and immediately shut his eyes. That look he’s only seen once when he was small, it was the way a world renowned giant demon looked at her, it was the look that only someone who had stepped on countless corpses could give off.
Xiao Liu guessed who he was, that legendary handsome beyond compare murdering evil devil the Nine-headed Demon – the one with nine-lives Xiang Liu.
Xiao Liu’s arms and legs were tied and he couldn’t move so after some time he was so sore. At night the soldiers brought food and Xiang Liu casually ate. Xiao Liu was thirsty and hungry and seeing that Xiang Liu wasn’t going to feed him then he tried to think of something else.
He thought that Shi Qi must’ve come to look for him but there was no way he could find this place. He probably went back to town. Xiang Liu finished the meal and lazily laid down on the pallet to leisurely read a book.
A soldier came to deliver a document and quickly left. Xiang Liu read it and then stared at Xiao Liu while thinking. Xiao Liu guessed it was a report about him and tried to smile very sincerely “My lord, everything this servant said is true. I have family waiting for me to go home.”
Xiang Liu coldly said “I only trust my own instinct. Who are you?” Xiao Liu rolled his eyes “I am Wen Xiao Liu, a healer at the Hui Chun Clinic.”
Xiang Liu stared at him and tapped his fingers. Xiao Liu started shaking, the primitive instinct of a living being to fear death. Xiao Liu knew that Xiang Liu had no patience to figure out why he seemed suspicious and would used the most efficient and effective way to solve the problem which was to the same fate as the Jiu Jiu.
When the aura of death came hurtling over Xiao Liu tumbled and tried to avoid it while saying “My lord, I really am Wen Xiao Liu. Maybe I’m not ONLY Wen Xiao Liu, but I have no intention to harm the resistance army under General Gong Gong. I don’t belong to the Kingdom of Xuan Yuan, or the Kingdom of Gao Xing, and not to the Kingdom of Sheng Nong. I am just……….”
Xiao Liu paused and thought “Who am I?”
He raised his head and allowed his entire expression to be seen by Xiang Liu I am just someone who has been discarded. I have no ability to protect myself, I have no one to rely on, I have nowhere to go, so that is why I chose to be Wen Xiao Liu in Qing Shui Town. If my lord will allow, I wish that I could be Wen Xiao Liu for the rest of my life.”
Xiang Liu stared at him and Xiao Liu didn’t dare to move but the beads of cold sweat came down and there where unshed tears in his eyes because the hard protective shell placed in the last tens of years got forcibly peeled open.
After some time, Xiang Liu calmly said “If you want to live, work for me!”
Xiao Liu said nothing. Xiang Liu blew out the lamps “You have a night to think on it.” Xiao Liu’s eyes were open and he stared straight ahead.
Dawn arrived and Xiang Liu dressed and asked “Have you decided?” Xiao Liu lazily said “Still thinking. I’m so thirsty, I want some water first. Xiang Liu laughed coldly and said “Take him outside.”
Two soldiers dragged Xiao Liu out and Xiang Liu calmly said “Whip him, twenty lashes.”
The army’s whipping can make the most devious demon soldier capitulate that was how painful it was. And the man Nine-lives Xiang Liu sent to whip him had a shockingly strong arm. Once with just one hundred and twenty lashes he killed a demon soldier who was over a thousand years old. The whip was as thick as an oxtail and it came down in snaps as Xiao Liu yelled “I’m done thinking, done thinking…..”

After the twenty lashes was done, Xiang Liu looked at Xiao Liu and asked “What’s your decision?” Xiao Liu gasped “I just have three conditions.”
“Whip him, twenty lashes.
The whip came down and Xiao Liu yelped “Two conditions, one condition……”
Another twenty lashes was delivered and Xiao Liu’s entire back was covered in blood and he was in excruciating pain. Xiang Liu coldly looked at him and asked “Anymore conditions?”
Xiao Liu was covered in sweat and his mouth was bleeding so he couldn’t say a full sentence “You…….can kill me, but I……..still…….have one condition.” Xiang Liu smiled with a corner of his mouth and said “Say it!”
“I….I won’t leave Qing Shui Town.” Xiao Liu understood that Xiang Liu was interested in his ability to make poison and as long as he didn’t leave Qing Shui Town then Xiang Liu couldn’t send him to kill the Xuan Yuan generals and officers. Nor could he send him to kill Gao Xing nobles and royals. Xiang Liu seemed to understand Xiao Liu’s thinking and just stared at him without any expression.

Xiao Liu had been acting a coward this entire time but this time he didn’t back down and looked at Xiang Liu straight back. The meaning was clear, if he didn’t agree then kill him now. After a moment, Xiang Liu said “Fine!”
Xiao Liu breathed a sigh of relief and then collapsed.
Xiao Liu was dragged by the soldiers into the room and the army doctor removed his clothes and put medicine on his back. Xiang Liu stood at the door of the tent and coldly observed. Xiao Liu laid on a wooden board and docilely allowed the army doctor to minister to him. When the medicine was applied and everyone left, Xiang Liu said to Xiao Liu “Make whatever concoction I ask of you. All other times you can continue being your healer in Qing Shui Town. But when I summon you then you must obey immediately.”
“Fine, but it’s like not I will be able to make whatever my lord asks.”
“If you can’t, then you can exchange with your body.”
“Huh?” Xiao Liu never imagined Xiang Liu would like guys and carefully said “My lord is handsome beyond compare. It’s not that I don’t want to service you but……..”
Xiang Liu smirked and lifted his foot and stepped on Xiao Liu’s wound slowly until blood started to seep out “One time you can’t make it, then use a part of your body in exchange. The first time, your ears. The second time, your nose. Without your nose, it is……”
Xiang Liu upped the pressure “Don’t worry, I won’t cut off your hands, you need it to make the concoctions.” Xiao Liu was in so much pain he writhed “I….I understand.”

My Thoughts
You can see that Xiang Liu is described as ethereal beautiful creature(demon). Xiao Liu saw it that way. Nevertheless, I can sensed that she was so scared in this scene even if she acted coward. But then her determination in not leaving Quig Shui town is so determined. For my taking, it means she did not want involved in any of the political wars going on. We can also sense, apart from beauty, Xiang Liu has rough (very), ruthless, non-nonsense and controlling nature with Xiao Liu. (Lol it stays like that till end). I mean he would not give in to any of Xiao Liu plead. After reading the whole scene, I can confirm that it is his controlling and rough nature and not about trepassing as some fans had mentioned before because they already made a deal on Xiao Liu working for XL.  Underneath his controlling nature, he seemed to care about what Xiao Liu had said, "I am just someone who has been discarded. I have no ability to protect myself, I have no one to rely on, I have nowhere to go"
And I also want to mentioned this. About this soldier from Shengnong camp, how he said he had family waiting for him, and that he's going home. That lead me to think about how everyone need comfort place, somewhere to belong, family, and war can bring them tragedy. 

And yep after this we get all comforting scene with XiaoQi and how Shi Qi marched into Shengnong army was cool. And the protective and possessive nature of Xiao Liu Towards Shi Qi ♡.

A soldier’s voice called out “Sir, someone has stormed the barracks.”
Xiang Liu took off and the noise stopped. Xiao Liu heard a soldier ask “Who are you and why have you stormed the Sheng Nong army base?” A scratchy voice replied “Ye Shi Qi. Xiao Liu.”
It’s Shi Qi! He came? Xiao Liu crawled outside and yelled “My lord Xiang Liu, please don’t harm him. He’s my servant and came to find me.”
Shi Qi ran towards Xiao Liu and his spiritual energy was stronger than expected because he deflected all the soldiers trying to stop him. But these were trained soldiers and if he took down two then four more would step up so Xiao Liu yelled “Shi Qi, stop! My orders.”
Shi Qi stopped and the soldiers encircled him and glared but Shi Qi didn’t even look at him and only stared at Xiang Liu “I. Am taking Xiao Liu.”
Xiao Liu tried to look alluring and yelled “My lord! I am already your person!” Those words…….caused all the soldiers at the base to grimace.
Xiang Liu furrowed his brow but lowered his hand and the soldiers parted. Shi Qi flew to Xiao Liu’s side and half carried half propped him up. His hand gently passed over his back. Perhaps it was mental comfort but Xiao Liu actually felt some pain lessen. Shi Qi knelt down “Let’s go home.”
Xiao Liu crawled on his back and smiled cheekily at Xiang Liu “My lord, I’m going home now.”
Xiang Liu kept staring at Shi Qi and Xiao Liu got nervous and actually grabbed Shi Qi’s face like a child would and yelled “Don’t you get any ideas about him. He’s mine.”
Xiang Liu was startled and was about to smile but stopped himself. He coughed a few times “After investigating and confirming you are a citizen of Qing Shui Town and not a threat to the Sheng Nong army, you are free to leave.”
Xiao Liu continued the charade and said “Thank you my lord, after I return I will be sure to spread word of my lord’s vast kindness.”
The soldiers left and Shi Qi carried Xiao Liu on his back and rushed off. It was only after there was no sound behind them that Xiao Liu wearily said “Shi Qi, I’m thirsty.”
Shi Qi gently put him down and took out a flask for him. Xiao Liu drank a few gulps and let out a long sigh “Let’s hurry before that Xiang Liu changes his mind.”

Shi Qi slowed down and turned to look at Xiao Liu and his lips touched Xiao Liu’s forehead. His hot breath brushed over Xiao Liu’s face and Shi Qi stiffly turned “Don’t be……scared.”
Perhaps it was because he was just tormented by Xiang Liu. Or because his hard shell that was forcibly opened wasn’t fully shut yet. Xiao Liu really craved this feeling of reliance and he closed his eyes and rested his head on Shi Qi’s shoulder and his head was pressed to Shi Qi’s neck. He was like a cat curled up against him...

The word home makes me feel something. Is it like Shi Qi is representing her home? But surely ..i feel her getting more attached Shi Qi.

Chapter 2 Wrap Up and Last Part

for full posts  , check out links

Quig Shui Town

In here, we learn that Quig Shui town did not really belong to all three God tribes. All residence, whether they be god or demon, etc, are equal here. And it said that whether chicken or egg come first is known but it is a civilised busy area. For me it represents that how it exists is not important as much as it  really exists. It was burstling. 
We learn that Shengnong had lost the battle but the general of Shengnong, Gong Gong, was not giving up, he had his troops stationed at the east of Quig Shui. (Shengnong no longer had royal family right?  
Yep all in all Quig Shui had no control from Three God Tribes although it is situated between them, and all the living here are equal. 
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2873329&page=321#p2873329

XiaoQi moments 
The word "sweet" is often used to say Xiao Yao/Xiao Liu feelings toward Shi Qi/Jing quite often. Yep, just two of them is serene.
Jing/Shi Qi had never abandoned his elegant manners. Xiao Liu alway
s had a feeling that Shi Qi might leave one day. Because she's enjoying time with him. One thing is because he looked different and higher than normal individuals living in Quig Shui. Another thing is her not being able to give into believe if someone will stay with her forever because of her abandoned issue. Anyway she was happy he assured her to not leaving.
It's a bit different than from drama. In drama of course we fully see Deng Wei's handsome face but in novel he had scar along his hair line. Not really that important. Just pointing out. Nevertheless, Jing is described to be refine, elegant, sophisticated gentlemen.
And in this part of the story, Xiao Liu and Shi Qi get to spend more time together. They were happy. With their conversation,  I can see that Xiao Liu's life must have been quite rough. The way she explained about how she once wandered and how life was hard and rough for her. So Xiao Liu is chatty and she's also revealing a little of herself to Shi Qi.
And yep Jing got to spend a lot of time with Xiao Liu. ♡

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2874691&page=323#p2874691

Song to lure Jiu Jiu/fei fei

Xiao Liu was still a softie when she actually dealed with a healing cute creature like Jiu Jiu.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2875031&page=323#p2875031

Xiao Liu Met XL

You can see that Xiang Liu is described as ethereal beautiful creature(demon). Xiao Liu saw it that way. Nevertheless, I can sensed that she was so scared in this scene even if she acted coward. But then her determination in not leaving Quig Shui town is so determined. For my taking, it means she did not want involved in any of the political wars going on. We can also sense, apart from beauty, Xiang Liu has rough (very), ruthless, non-nonsense and controlling nature with Xiao Liu. (Lol it stays like that till end). I mean he would not give in to any of Xiao Liu plead. After reading the whole scene, I can confirm that it is his controlling and rough nature and not about trepassing as some fans had mentioned before.  Underneath his controlling nature, he seemed to care about what Xiao Liu had said, "I am just someone who has been discarded. I have no ability to protect myself, I have no one to rely on, I have nowhere to go"
And I also want to mentioned this. About this soldier from Shengnong camp, how he said he had family waiting for him, and that he's going home. That lead me to think about how everyone need comfort place, somewhere to belong, family, and war can bring them tragedy.

And yep after this we get all comforting scene with XiaoQi and how Shi Qi marched into Shengnong army was cool. And the protective and possessive nature of Xiao Liu Towards Shi Qi ♡.

The word home makes me feel something. Is it like Shi Qi is representing her home? But surely ..i feel her getting more attached Shi Qi.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2876079&page=324#p2876079

Ok...now now the a last portion of chapter 2...abstract and overall thought ...

Xiao Liu was as happy as a mouse stealing oil and he felt her back pain lessen. Sprawled on Shi Qi’s back, he gradually fell asleep.
..here I think I she was still not...and think Shi Qi can leave her anytime. As long as he was with her, he was hers.

Shi Qi tried to make Xiao Liu the most comfortable grass bed and turned the cave into their temporary home. The two of them seemed to be living the hunter’s life in the mountain. Everyday, Shi Qi went out and hunted small game. When he came back, Xiao Liu directed and Shi Qi did and together they cooked dinner. Shi Qi clearly never did this before and he was clumsy and constantly made mistakes. Xiao Liu would guffaw happily, but Shi Qi was too smart and in a few tries he mastered it and that lessened some of the mirth in Xiao Liu.

The days and nights in the mountains were very desolate and those who couldn’t move was even lonelier. Xiao Liu grabbed Shi Qi to talk with him – everything under the sky they talked about. A delicious dish, a spectacular sunset…….Shi Qi quietly listened to it all.
And he finally cooked for her.
And then finally Shi Qi got precious herbs for her.

When Xiao Liu was collecting the herbs, he found two very rare plants and asked if Shi Qi collected it? Shi Qi nodded “Saw it while hunting. You mentioned before.” During this time, Shi Qi spent with Xiao Liu and his speech was getting better. Xiao Liu was ecstatic and wanting to hug and kiss Shi Qi “That’s great! Ma Zhi and Chuan Zi can get a wives now.”

And then one of my fav scene of all time has come.

Xiao Liu said in an angry huff to Shi Qi “One day I’ll find his weakness. If I can’t poison him then I’ll walk backwards.”

Shi Qi had laughter in his eyes and Xiao Liu couldn’t stand the way he always seemed to float above everything so poured him a glass of wine “Drink it!” Shi Qi took it and gulped it down.

Xiao Liu startled “It’s poisoned.”

The laughter in Shi Qi’s eyes never disappeared as his body collapsed softly. Xiao Liu anxiously gave him the antidote and yelled “You idiot!” while his heart felt this indescribable feeling.

And yep XL had come into Xiao Liu 's life. WXL is so pissed because of XL mocking and controlling nature.

After Ma Zi’s wedding, Nine Lives Xiang Liu would occasionally come and sit in the clinic courtyard and drink a few cups of Xiao Liu’s wine and nibble on a few of Xiao Liu’s snacks. When he left his face never even changed expressions and his heartbeat never once skipped a beat. Xiang Liu’s very attitude of not taking Xiao Liu seriously is exactly what pissed Xiao Liu off.

When Xiao Liu entered the medical profession, it all began with the wrong intentions. He wanted to learn to kill someone and not to learn to save someone. Yet here was Xiang Liu eating his poison like candy! Xiao Liu thought and thought and decided to keep on learning, learning how to kill someone. He vowed to keep walking down the wrong path with the goal of poisoning this big demon sooner or later!

To summarized the thoughts, Xiao Liu and Shi Qi had been growing string of attachment. After getting provoke of of her, I think she was even more clingy towards him. I felt after the torment feeling, she got from XL, her attachment to Shi Qi grew.Xiao Liu definetly saw XL as handsome but had she really fascinated with him yet. Well it's not clear. But what is obvious is that he definetly provoke her fear and torment. And she is pissed that she could won over him. So yep XL entering her life is what the title said a road ahead is unknown.

Chapter 2  - Overview and global exploration (with Drama visuals):

"Harmony Amidst Chaos: Unraveling Bonds, Culinary Delights, and Echoes of a Mountain Ballad"

Qing Shui Town: A Haven Amidst Chaos

The setting of Qing Shui Town serves as a captivating backdrop, the perfect  neutral ground where individuals from diverse backgrounds coexist. Despite the aftermath of the Sheng Nong Kingdom's destruction and the resistance led by General Gong Gong, the town emerges as a unique space of equality and cohabitation. This historical context enriches the narrative, shaping the dynamics of the region and contributing to the narrative of its characters. And their choices to remain there.

Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi's Journey: A Tale of Connection and Mystery

As Xiao Liu and Shi Qi embark on their journey into the mountains, their interactions reveal the depth of their relationship. Xiao Liu's initial attempt to send Shi Qi home demonstrates concern, but Shi Qi's determined silence hints at a more profound connection. The questions posed by Xiao Liu about Shi Qi's allegiance add an intriguing layer of mystery to Shi Qi's character.Also Xiao Liu resourcefulness and knowledge of the mountain's intricacies come to the forefront, portraying him not only as a healer but also as someone intimately connected to the natural world.  

Symbolism and Sentimentality: Culinary Elements and Xiao Liu's Care

The use of the word "sweet" to describe Xiao Liu's feelings toward Shi Qi adds sentimentality, suggesting that their companionship brings joy amid everydays concerns,and in the background the war's turmoil. Xiao Liu's caring actions, from creating a protective circle with herb powder to preparing a delicious meal, unveil a nurturing side to his character. Culinary elements, such as cooking chicken with mushrooms and plum wine, vividly enhance the scene, appealing to the senses. Sentimentaly tasty.

Dialogue and Emotional Depth: Concerns, Determination, and Elegance

The dialogue between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi deepens their connection, with Xiao Liu's concern for Shi Qi's well-being and the subtle mention of Shi Qi leaving one day adding emotional layers and hinting on his rising feelings. Shi Qi's determination to stay and his elegant manners contribute to the complexity of his character, creating a nuanced dynamic between them. Making Xiao Liu worrying he could leave even more.As they converse, the emotional depth of their relationship becomes more apparent. Xiao Liu's reassurance and Shi Qi's silent understanding create a poignant moment that speaks volumes about the unspoken bonds between them. It's a delicate dance of emotions, where concerns and determination intersect, giving rise to a unique and layered connection that forms the heart of their journey. 

As they converse, the emotional depth of their relationship becomes more apparent.   

Mystery and Danger: Xiao Liu's Courage and Selflessness

The scene where Xiao Liu ventures alone into the depths of the mountain introduces an element of mystery and danger. Xiao Liu's selflessness and courage, evident in his willingness to face later on potential threats for Shi Qi's safety, showcase the depth of their bond and emphasizing the lengths to which he is willing to go for the one he cares about. 

Poignancy and Foreshadowing: Sunlight, Scars, and Transience

The exchange between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi, highlighted by sunlight on Shi Qi's scar and the light sorrow in his eyes, adds a poignant touch. Xiao Liu's reassurance and Shi Qi's silent understanding contribute to the emotional depth. Also while singing to lure a jiujiu- the closing lines(, emphase the transient nature of waiting, create anticipation and foreshadowing, leaving room for curiosity about what might unfold next, especially considering how it resurfaces later in a different context during Xiao Yao's singing in Chapter 20.

Shi Qi's Diligence and Warmth: Adaptability and Connection with Creatures

Shi Qi's diligence and intelligence shine through, showcasing his adaptability and reliability. His assistance in various tasks, coupled with his exceptional memory, paints a picture of a capable companion. The charming scene where Xiao Liu tries to catch a Jiu Jiu adds warmth, revealing her soft-hearted nature,by helping out friends ,by releasing the creatures she wanted to capture. The use of a song to lure Jiu Jiu and Xiao Liu's interaction with the creature further emphasizes her connection with the natural world.

The Mountain Ballad: Poetic Atmosphere and Emotional Resonance

The later scene with Xiao Yao singing the mountain ballad brings a mix of emotions. Xiao Yao's vulnerability and the changed lyrics expressing her longing for a happy eternity with Jing add a poignant touch. The lyrics of the song, both in catching Jiu Jiu and later in the mountain ballad, create a poetic and emotional atmosphere. The repetition of the phrase "together forever, never apart" gains significance, echoing throughout the narrative, linking the past and present, especially considering how it resurfaces later in a different context during Xiao Yao's singing in Chapter 20.(same song -ending lyrics changed)-see note on winny's post above, or my recap later on... 

Navigating Bonds: Analysis of Xiao Liu's Journey in "Lost You Forever" -Ch2

1: Adaptability and Strategies: 

Xiao Liu's journey commences with a display of remarkable adaptability. From her resourceful attempt to appear alluring to Ye Shi Qi in the soldiers barracks to the repetitive assertion of ownership, a subtle evolution in her attachment unfolds, hinting at a defense mechanism against potential threats.

"My lord! I am already your person! Those words caused all the soldiers at the base to grimace."

2: Loyalty and Patience to Ye Shi Qi:  

As a character Ye Shi Qi emerges characterized by unwavering loyalty and patience. His steadfast nature is emphasized through consistent reassurances to Xiao Liu, highlighting a resilient and caring character, but this time it's Xiao Liu who shows those characteristic, with humor.

"Shi Qi knelt down and Xiao Liu remembered that he didn't like to be touched... 'I'm sorry, I know you don't want to carry someone. You can imagine that I'm a rock... or you can imagine that I am a pig, a pig who speaks.'"

3: Xiang Liu's Imposing Nature and Control:

Xiang Liu's presentation introduces a theme of control.  The agreement made with Xiao Liu underscores this dynamic, contrasting sharply with Shi Qi's willingness to listen. These complexities turned out to deepen Xiao Liu's relationship to YeShiqi  inspired by the endangerment on them. Xiang Liu's intense gaze at Shi Qi triggers an interesting response from Xiao Liu, showcasing a possessive instinct. When she exclaims, "Don’t you get any ideas about him. He’s mine," Xiao Liu is claiming Shi Qi. This possessiveness may stem from a complex mix of emotions,  including a desire to assert her control after the traumatic experiences with Xiang Liu, eager to control/use her to make poison for him.

"Xiang Liu kept staring at Shi Qi, and Xiao Liu got nervous and actually grabbed Shi Qi’s face like a child would and yelled, 'Don’t you get any ideas about him. He’s mine.'"

4: Vulnerability and Solace: 

The term "forcibly peeled" is a powerful descriptor, signifying not only physical pain but also deep emotional distress. The word excruciating resonates with the trauma , deepening the contrast between the distressing physical pain she just endured , and the comforting present with Shi Qi. The contrast with Shi Qi's comforting gestures is poignant, as seen in the passage:

- "Shi Qi slowed down and turned to look at Xiao Liu, his lips touched Xiao Liu’s forehead. His hot breath brushed over Xiao Liu’s face." 

- This moment highlights Xiao Liu's need for solace.

"Perhaps it was because he was just tormented by Xiang Liu. Or because his hard shell that was forcibly opened wasn’t fully shut yet. Xiao Liu really craved this feeling of reliance and he closed his eyes and rested his head on Shi Qi’s shoulder and his head was pressed to Shi Qi’s neck. He was like a cat curled up against him..."

"Xiang Liu stared at him, and Xiao Liu didn’t dare to move... because the hard protective shell placed in the last tens of years got forcibly peeled open."

5: Relationship Dynamics: 

The desolate mountain scenes unveil a more domestic side to Xiao Liu and Shi Qi's relationship. Playful banter, Shi Qi's willingness to learn, and Xiao Liu's chattiness signify an evolving dynamic, offering a glimpse into their burgeoning connection.

"The days and nights in the mountains were very desolate... Xiao Liu grabbed Shi Qi to talk with him: everything under the sky they talked about. A delicious dish, a spectacular sunset... Shi Qi quietly listened to it all."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exploration of Narrative symbols:

The Fragrance of Chicken:

• Symbol: The chicken symbolizes sustenance and care.
  • Meaning: When Xiao Liu splits the chicken, it represents her nurturing nature. Giving the larger portion to Shi Qi reflects her concern for his well-being. The act emphasizes their relationship dynamics, with Xiao Liu in a caregiving role.

Quote: "A fragrant smell came wafting out. Xiao Liu split the chicken in thirds, one part went into the food bag, he gave Shi Qi the bigger remaining portion...

Xiao Liu's Solo Journey:

• Symbol: Independence and Self-Discovery.
  • Meaning: Xiao Liu's decision to go alone signifies her journey toward self-discovery. It represents her past solitude and her willingness to confront her fears. Shi Qi's insistence on accompanying her reflects his commitment and concern for her safety.

Quote: "Xiao Liu stood up and said, 'You stay here, I need to go find something alone.' Shi Qi didn't nod, where Xiao Liu went he also went."

The Mountain Conversations:

• Symbol: Emotional Connection and Bonding.
  • Meaning: Conversations in the mountains symbolize the deepening emotional connection between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi. The desolate setting emphasizes the solitude they share, fostering a unique bond. Xiao Liu's willingness to open up and share personal stories signifies trust and comfort.

Quote: "The days and nights in the mountains were very desolate... Xiao Liu grabbed Shi Qi to talk with him: everything under the sky they talked about."

Xiao Liu's Imagined Scenarios:

• Symbol: Coping Mechanism and Playfulness.
  • Meaning: Xiao Liu's imaginative scenarios, like imagining herself as a rock or a speaking pig, serve as a coping mechanism. They add a touch of playfulness to the narrative, reflecting her ability to find humor even in challenging situations.

Quote: "'I'm sorry, I know you don't want to carry someone. You can imagine that I'm a rock... or you can imagine that I am a pig, a pig who speaks.'"

Xiang Liu's Stare - The Phrase "He's Mine":

• Symbol: Intimidation - Control-Amusement.
  • Meaning: Xiang Liu's intense stare represents his imposing nature and control over Xiao Liu. Her nervous reaction and protective behavior towards Shi Qi when confronted by Xiang Liu indicate a power dynamic. This symbolizes a threat and Xiao Liu's attempt to maintain control on what she cares. While he is amused by the scenery they offer.

Quote: "Xiang Liu kept staring at Shi Qi, and Xiao Liu got nervous and actually grabbed Shi Qi’s face like a child would and yelled, 'Don’t you get any ideas about him. He’s mine.'"

Xiao Liu -Same Phrase

• Symbol: Ownership and Attachment.
  • Meaning: The  assertion of "he's mine" by Xiao Liu signifies her growing attachment and ownership of Shi Qi. It can be seen as a defense mechanism against potential threats and  emphasizes the depth of her emotions for ShiQi.

Quote: "Xiang Liu kept staring at Shi Qi, and Xiao Liu got nervous and actually grabbed Shi Qi’s face like a child would and yelled, 'Don’t you get any ideas about him. He’s mine.'"

Both looks are perfectly synchronized:     it's a "WE" language. (again a simple manner to say much).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foreshadowing:

• Xiang Liu (XL): The description of Xiang Liu as an ethereal and beautiful demon highlights his striking presence. His rough and imposing demeanor is reflected in his control over Xiao Liu, creating an intimidating atmosphere. "He stared at him and Xiao Liu didn’t dare to move, but the beads of cold sweat came down, and there were unshed tears in his eyes."
  • Ye Shi Qi (YSQ): Shi Qi's elegance and refinement stand in stark contrast. His sophisticated manners and gentle nature provide a sense of comfort. "Shi Qi knelt down, and Xiao Liu remembered that he didn't like to be touched, but right now there was no other way, so Xiao Liu carefully climbed on his back."

=>  Xiang Liu's control and need to use XY for his convinience (poisons craft)  - to reach his long settled goal-  that is way in the the opposite  spectrum of Xiao Liu's, they are foreshadowing all the potential conflicts to come for him. ,All the wrong timings (even realizing his feelings will come too late), highlight some of the in-control struggles in this relationship, - hinting for him an impossible emotional turmoil.

"After investigating and confirming you are a citizen of Qing Shui Town and not a threat to the                           Sheng Nong army, you are free to leave."(ch.2)

=> YSQ: Ye Shi Qi's supportive nature and willingness to wait, positive and life loving inner nature (ch1) - foreshadow,  even in this moment we are covering,  a so much more positive  and possibly evolutive connection, that he symbolize the path towards healing - and a free path to extend, fertilized emotions.

"Shi Qi stood underneath the tree. There is no person who will wait for another for an entire lifetime."

In summary, the contrasting elements between Xiang Liu and Ye Shi Qi extend beyond physical appearances, encompassing emotional impact, power dynamics, and symbolic representations:

=> While Xiang Liu opens  wounds, Shi Qi provides healing.

Despite Xiang Liu's desire for dominance, Xiao Liu will maintains herself in control. Her will is sufficiently strong. ShiQi respects Xiao Liu's wishes, doesn't force compliance, and symbolizes a haven of safety. Their interactions reflect a balanced power dynamic that is evolving.More over Xiao Liu have already dealed with agressor in her past, she perfectly knows how to dominate patiently the subject and patiently win over it, she  might even trigger responses related to her past experiences. Her agreement with Xiang Liu, though seemingly a result of coercion, could also be a strategic decision influenced by her past survival instincts.  Xiao Liu may eventually if needed, shift the dynamics of control and outplay it, setting her very boundaries clear----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A warm hearted CONCLUSION of this journey in Chapter2:

Echoes of Connection Between Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi 

In the heart of the narrative lies Chapter 2, a pivotal juncture where the connection between Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi unfurls with poignant grace. As we delve into the intricate layers of their evolving relationship, the words echo with a promise and a profound understanding.

Xiao Liu's attempt to send Shi Qi away, veiled under the guise of concern, reveals  in a simple way the depths of her feelings. In her insistence that Shi Qi must eat and the subtle acknowledgment that he might leave one day, ot marry a beautifull lucky girl, we glimpse the vulnerability and complexity of her emotions. Shi Qi's unwavering determination to stay by her side, coupled with his elegant manners, paints a picture of a character with both strength and sensitivity: - "I am here" will he repeat over and over.

The scene where Xiao Liu embarks on a solitary journey into the mountain's heart introduces an element of mystery and danger. Here, Xiao Liu's courage shines brightly, his selflessness evident in the willingness to face potential threats for the sake of Shi Qi's safety. As Xiao Liu smears animal poop on his arm, showcasing his resourcefulness and knowledge of the mountain, a touch of humor is added to the narrative. Because that's who she is too.

Each dialogue shared between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi becomes a vessel for emotional depth. Xiao Liu's concern for Shi Qi's well-being is palpable, and the sunlight highlighting Shi Qi's scar adds a poignant touch to the narrative. As Xiao Liu reassures him and Shi Qi silently understands, the emotional connection deepens.

And when the narrative takes a tender turn as Xiao Liu tries to catch a Jiu Jiu. This charming and amusing scene showcases Xiao Liu's soft-hearted nature, especially in her dealings with creatures. The lyrics of the song used to lure Jiu Jiu create a poetic and emotional atmosphere, setting the stage for the evolving relationship between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi, fully bloomed in future chapters and episodes.

As the story unfolds, Xiao Liu's chattiness and willingness to share personal stories add a charismatic touch to her character. We learn more about her.  ShiQi listen gently to it all. In the midst of desolate mountains, the two characters engage in heartfelt conversations, revealing the warmth and depth of their growing bond.

The chapter's climax encapsulates the essence of Xiao Liu and Shi Qi's connection. As shown in the drama(ep4-5:56) :  

-"Just be yourself, I'll carry you," says Shi Qi, a declaration that transcends the physical act of carrying.  

In these words, there's a promise to embrace Xiao Liu with all her quirks and vulnerabilities. The smile that blossoms on Xiao Liu's face reflects not just happiness but the affirmation of a bond that surpasses the ordinary. 

In this chapter, Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi's relationship becomes a melody, each note resonating with care, courage, and the promise of companionship. As we witness these moments, we're drawn into a symphony of emotions, echoing the profound connection that binds them. Yes it is a duet!. Definitly.

Last covering =>                    

THE FUN/lighthearted EDITION of Ch.2 !:D

(as always...because Xiao Jing have the sens of humor too, even if it sound maybe less funny, because of some violent momentum...)

"   TCHATTY Wounds & Sharing the punchline   "            

Our stage curtain rises as Xiao Liu attempts a comedic send-off to Shi Qi. Her concern for his safety is veiled in humor, setting the stage for the charming dance of emotions that unfolds. Will he still be there?.

Hold your breath as Xiao Liu, armed with courage and a hint of slapstick comedy, ventures solo into the heart of the mountain. Danger lurks, but fear not—our heroine faces it with a blend of intelligence and bravery. In the settled  battleground of danger, Xiao Liu's wounds become part of her quirky charm, a very proof of her courage amidst the chaos. Like badges of courage and bravado in the face of adversity. 

The dialogue between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi becomes an emotional stage, perfectly lit by the sunlight highlighting Shi Qi's scar among the forest trees and Xiao Liu's new woundsPicture it as the ideal lighting for a dramatic scene, with a twist of humor and a dash of heartfelt connection .

In the desolate mountains, Xiao Liu's chattiness takes center stage. Heartfelt conversations reveal warmth and the depth of their bond, akin to tuning in to a podcast of epic adventures. Little do they know, danger lurks around the corner, ready to add an unexpected punches to their journey.

And now, the grand finale—the moment that might bring a smile to your face... Shi Qi's declaration:

"Just be yourself, I'll carry you," transcends  the rising romance to become a proclamation with a touch of whimsy... Imagine Shi Qi, the unexpected hero in this comedy of errors, ready to carry Xiao Liu through life's ups and downs. Forget relationship goals! we've got partnership backpacking!.                                                                         We got the We-Backpack

Chapter 2 unfolds, with Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi's relationship providing a fresh perspective in every interaction. So, gear up for laughter, spices of danger, and perhaps a sigh of relief because, in this whimsical tale, where  even facing adversity comes with a side of unexpected joy to be shared with the one you piggyback the most... ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 

Ch2//******Some more thoughts on this scene:  

1. Acceptance of Vulnerability:

• Shi Qi's statement carries a profound message of acceptance. By telling Xiao Liu to be herself, he encourages her to embrace her vulnerabilities and scars. This moment becomes a symbolic embrace of Xiao Liu's entire self, both physically and emotionally wounded.
  2. Symbolism of Piggyback Ride - A Protective Gesture:

• The act of piggybacking is not merely a physical action but a symbol of protection and support. Shi Qi, by carrying Xiao Liu, communicates that he is there to shield her from harm and offer a figurative refuge.
  3. Healing through Connection:

• Following the trauma inflicted by Xiang Liu, Shi Qi's offer to carry Xiao Liu becomes a healing balm. It signifies the power of human connection to mend emotional wounds. In this moment, Shi Qi becomes a source of solace and comfort.
  4. Narrative Contrast - Xiang Liu vs. Shi Qi(ch.2):

• The scene draws a compelling narrative contrast. If Xiang Liu represents a force that inflicts pain and emotional distress, Shi Qi emerges as the antithesis—a healer who mends and provides sanctuary. The contrast between the two underscores Xiao Liu's journey from darkness to light.
  5. Emphasis on Xiao Liu's Authenticity:

• Xiao Liu's response, "I am myself," is a declaration of self-affirmation. It signals a departure from any pretense or facade. In Shi Qi's presence, she finds a space where she doesn't need to hide, portraying a pivotal step in her character development.
  6. Building Further Emotional Intimacy:

• The moment contributes to the gradual building of emotional intimacy between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi. It's not just about physical proximity but the shared emotional space they are creating, fostering a connection that transcends the surface.
  7. Foreshadowing of Relationship Dynamics:

• This scene may foreshadow the dynamics that will define Xiao Liu and Shi Qi's relationship. Shi Qi's willingness to carry her, both physically and emotionally, sets the stage for a relationship built on mutual support, understanding, and a genuine connection that goes beyond superficial appearances.

In essence=>  this pivotal scene is a microcosm , concentré, reflecting the series' core values—

a testament to the belief that authentic connections, acceptance, and healing have the power to transform lives, especially when faced with the shadows of a traumatic past events. It emphasize  the transformative impact of genuine connections -love-hope-care  , on individual's emotional and physical well-being. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on Chapter 3: Guest from Far Away Lamd

part 1

my title : A Nian , the bratty and Xiao Liu got mad

Chuan Zi laughed at Butcher Gao’s smart deal, got money for marrying a daughter and got himself an extra son. Xiao Liu and Lao Mu didn’t care – to Xiao Liu having one Shi Qi equaled ten Ma Zi, and for Lao Mu he was just happy to see Ma Zi living a peaceful happy life.

So when one day Ma Zi was carried into the clinic by Butcher Gao and Chun Tao, Lao Mu was in disbelief while Xiao Liu furrowed his brows. If it was Chuan Zi that got beaten up that wouldn’t surprise Xiao Liu. Chuan Zi could be an ass and sometimes deserved a beat down. But Ma Zi was not like that, he was tall and strong but very reasonable and was willing to give in to others.

“What happened?” Lao Mu asked. Chun Tao wiped her tears and explained “After butchering a sheep this morning, I was delivering sheep blood when I accidentally bumped into a lady. I apologized to her and offered to pay for the damage but the lady’s maid yelled that I couldn’t afford it. My dad got nervous and a few words were exchanged and then fists went flying. Ma Zi tried to protect my dad and got beaten.”

Qing Shui Town had no government or law enforcement and the only law was survival of the fittest.

So Ma Zi got into trouble because he protected his father in law from some high noble bratty girl. And we are now confirmed that Qing Shui does not have government. Chaung Zi and Lao Mu went see this bratty lady? So Xiao Liu and Shi Qi follow them. Im skipping some parts. 

Shi Qi followed behind Xiao Liu and when they arrived at the inn they saw Lao Mu fighting with a girl in yellow. Chuan Zi was laying on the ground and when he saw Xiao Liu he grumbled “Brother Liu, I didn’t start anything. Before I got close to them I was already beaten down.”

Xiao Liu shot him a glance and then looked at Lao Mu who was clearly not a match for the girl in yellow. The girl was like toying with a monkey the way she danced around Lao Mu, with a veiled girl standing on the stone steps next to her. The girl was laughing as she watched and would call out an order “Hai Tang, I want to see him fall on his butt.” and the girl indeed caused Lao Mu to fall on his rear end. The young girl giggled and clapped “Hopping, I want to see him hopping like a toad!”

Lao Mu could not control his body and he was forced to hop like a toad as if someone else was pressing on him. The little girl doubled over laughing and all the people gathered to watch the scene were also guffawing.

Xiao Liu squeezed to the front and bowed to the young girl before turning to Hai Tang “He’s already defeated, will the young lady please stop.”

Hai Tang looked at the young girl but the young girl continued as if she heard nothing “I want to see him tumbling.” Lao Mu was then tumbling on the ground while the young girl laughed and the crowd also laughed

Xiao Liu solemnly spoke up “The rule of Qing Shui Town says to know when to stop when there is no blood feud at stake.” The young girl looked at Xiao Liu “My rule is whomever offended me must die! Xuan gege won’t let me hurt anyone so I won’t hurt anyone, but I’ll make him perform tricks.”

Lao Mu was a hardscrabble battle worn old man and there were tears in his eyes as he begged Xiao Liu “Kill me!” He was a runaway soldier from the Xuan Yuan Army but he was only escaping the nonstop war and not escaping a man’s dignity. Xiao Liu’s murderous intent was roused and he stepped forward.

Suddenly Lao Mu stopped tumbling and Chuan Zi hurried over to help him up. The young girl was unhappy “Hai Tang, did I allow you to stop?” Hai Tang shot a glance at Shi Qi standing in the crowd “It wasn’t your servant I” She slowly backed up and stood in front of the young girl with her eyes locked on Shi Qi.

Xiao Liu sat in the front salon while Shi Qi stood off in the corner in the shadows. Xiao Liu toyed with a cup of wine and chattered in his usual way “Lao Mu, Ma Zi, Chuan Zi, they all think I’m the nicest person. But in truth I’ve killed people since I was very young…….I haven’t killed anyone in a long time but today I wanted to kill them.”

“They are Gods.” Shi Qi suddenly spoke out.

“What of it?” Xiao Liu looked unafraid.

Shi Qi was silent. Xiao Liu glanced at him “Will you help me?” Shi Qi nodded. Xiao Liu smiled and suddenly didn’t feel killing anyone anymore. Xiao Liu drank a tumbler of wine and finally the person he was waiting for arrived.

The young girl took off her veil and her features were merely fine but with an expressive pair of eyes that raised her looks from a 5 to an 8 on that alone. The man standing next to her was very extraordinary – his eyes were warm and his demeanor refined like the rivers and mountains in fluidity and strength.

The man bowed to Xiao Liu “I am Xuan and this is my cousin Ah Nian. Our servant girl Hai Tang has been poisoned by young master you so I came personally to ask young master to give us the antidote.”

Xiao Liu played with the tumbler of wine in his hand and said with a smile “Sure, if one kneeled and bowed in apology to my elder brother.”

Ah Nian glared at Xiao Liu “Want my servant girl to bow in apology to your elder brother, are you sick of living?”

Xiao Liu coldly stared at Hai Tang who appeared in great pain as she clutched the wall and slowly sank to the floor. Ah Nian whined “Xuan gege, you see! They came looking for trouble. I didn’t hurt them and was just toying a bit but they responded by trying to kill us. If I wasn’t carrying my E….father’s poison warding beads then I would have been poisoned.”

Hai Tang yelped in pain and Xuan stared at Xiao Liu “Please give me the antidote!”

Xiao Liu coldly laughed “What? You want to take it with force? Be my guest!”

Xuan reached out to grab the medicine and Xiao Liu backed up. Xiao Liu knew Shi Qi was behind her and if he blocked for Xiao Liu then he could see what type of powers Xuan had and poison him accordingly. But Shi Qi didn’t step forward and when Xiao Liu looked back the corner of the room was empty and Shi Qi was gone.

Xiao Liu was struck by Xuan and collapsed. Xuan was surprised that Xiao Liu was so weak since he appeared so brash and quickly held back his power “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you……” He picked up Xiao Liu to check his injuries and it was a relief that Xuan never intended to hurt him so Xiao Liu appeared just dazed. Xiao Liu rested on Xuan’s shoulder and a small smile appeared on his lips and his eyes filled with derision. Sometimes one could only laugh at the entire world.

Xuan paused.

Ah Nian picked up the antidote bottle and fed a pill to Hai Tang who swallowed and expressed some aura “This is the antidote.” Ah Nian mocked Xiao Liu “You’re this useless and you dared to oppose us?”

Xiao Liu pushed Xuan away and struggled to get up “Scram!”

Ah Nian wanted to strike but Xuan stopped her “Since the poison has been cured, let’s just go home.” He looked at Xiao Liu one more time before dragging Ah Nian behind him. Ah Nian looked back and silently mouthed the insult “Lowlife loser!”

Xiao Liu walked into the courtyard and sat down on the stone step and Shi Qi walked behind him. Xiao Liu smiled at the sunset and loudly sighed. He was wrong, he should never rely on another.

Shi Qi kneeled beside Xiao Liu and handed him the basket of snacks. Xiao Liu asked “You know them?” Shi Qi nodded. “They are the young lady and lord of a noble family in the God tribe?” Shi Qi paused for a moment before slowly nodding. “You were afraid they would recognize you so you hid? Or you thought I shouldn’t have messed with them so you hid so they could get the antidote?”

My thoughts on this part is that, it finally comes a time there were conflicts between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi. There was this time when Shi Qi could not have done as Xiao Liu had wish, which had led to her feeling abandoned again. (I think Shi Qi knew it later.) What happened is that bratty A Nian made her servant girl Hai Tang bullied Chaung Zi and Lao Mu. And Xiao Liu poisoned her. But Hai Tang eyes were fixed on Shi Qi as recognizing him. That made Shi Qi uncomfortable as there s line he stood off at the corner , under shadow. Meaning that he did not want Hai Tang to see him again? And Xiao Liu had missed to recognize what's Shi Qi was doing too. So her plan got failure. In drama i think there's a line "he did not want them to get into trouble "... ? I need to watch the part again . but in novel he simply was hiding (under shadow),  as afraid to get known by them. I mean Hai Tang and A Nian. And yep the new guests to Qing Shui were a bratty and a pretty boy , who is a lot more sensible and refine than his sister. So all in all im think XiaoQi were dealing with their pasts again .

Chapter 3:  Guests from Far Away Land

my thoughts part 2: The Haunting 

continue a little more thought on Shi Qi leaving Xiao Liu side. I felt different between novel version and drama version. Personally somehow I prefer novel version although he did not clearly say why he left her like that. The drama version is clear he did not want her and them to get into trouble. Personally I felt a little odd by it somehow. Was he meaning if Xiao Yao and him caused trouble, it would backfire them, or was he afraid that if his identity was revealed, there will be trouble for them. ??  Again this is personal opinion, in the novel it gives me more vibe of he was afraid to get revealed his identity . I get this by the phrase "stood off at the corner shadow"..I felt it that he is hiding from in shadow from his past. And yep by leaving her like that provoke her once abandoned feeling again.  

And yep this chapter deals characters bothering by something in themselves ....not only ziao ki but also other two main characters . 

Let me share more abstract from the novel,

Xiao Liu walked to the edge of the river and watched it rumble past. He wasn’t angry that Shi Qi let Xuan take the antidote. He was angry because when he relied on someone it was to turn around and discover that person wasn’t there. He was angry at himself for having this pathetic hope. Xiao Liu jumped into the river and swam upstream. The river got wider and wider and the current stronger and stronger.

there differences. In the novel she dived into the river herself (to heal?) and of course she encountered Xiang Liu..let me skip to one of their scene.. 

Xiao Liu started cooking the fish while Xiang Liu said “You grew up somewhere with a lot of water.”

“You say that for anyone who can swim?”

“Not just because you can swim, it’s that swimming brings you unfettered happiness. People seek familiar things that allow them to relax and feel the freedom and joy from childhood.”

In here it talks about her relation to water . Remark all water in the world came from Gao Xing. 

Xiao Liu whistled “They say you are a Nine-headed demon, and with your nine-heads thinking together it’s definitely working. Even what you say is so deep.”

“Don’t you know that’s a taboo topic?”

Xiao Liu wasn’t scared and continued “I’m curious, how are your nine-heads arranged? In a row? One one top of the other? Or three on each side of three in the middle? Which one goes first when you eat?…..” Xiao Liu suddenly couldn’t open his mouth anymore.

“Nnnnngggg…….nnnnngggg……”

Xiang Liu took the cooked fish and slowly started to eat it and Xiao Liu could only stare. After he finished the fish he stared at Xiao Liu “I actually like eating people the best. Your size is perfect so that each of my heads can take a bite.”

His hand stroked Xiao Liu’s face and he leaned in and grabbed Xiao Liu’s neck. Xiao Liu’s body shook and he shut his eyes. Xiang Liu’s tongue tasted blood and a realization thundered through his mind. He slowly sucked a few times before raising his head “Do you dare say anymore nonsense?”

Xiao Liu wildly shook his head. Xiang Liu released him and Xiao Liu scrambled as far away as he could.

....skip  a bit

As they returned to Qing Shiu Town, Xiang Liu kicked Xiao Liu off the back of the condor without warning and Xiao Liu fell into the river. He was stunned and floated on the surface watching the condor fly off...

In here, I think XL is very pissed when Xiao Liu ask him to do. Is his original form haunting him.?.but it leads him to physically hurt Xiao Liu. 

And yep we have another man now, pretty one Xuan, the wine seller, a guy from far away land. ..this scene was actually the scene I will be sharing next though ....

Xuan appeared to know what he was thinking “In the future if Ah Nian does anything that is rude, will Brother Liu please forgive her considering she’s just a girl.”

In the future? There is a future……so he’s not going to quietly get rid of him tonight? Xiao Liu smiled “No problem, no problem, I’ll definitely let it slide.” Xuan stood up and sincerely asked again so Xiao Liu said it again that he’ll let Ah Nian’s actions slide until it became a promise. Xiao Liu sighed and said wistfully “It’s good to be your sister.”

That was probably the most sincere thing Xiao Liu said all night and even Xuan felt it. His mask of a smile disappeared and he said “No, I am not a good brother.” In his words there was the hint of sadness. Xiao Liu drank his wine “I’m going home.”

We can all clearly see Xuan had some kind of sadness according to his sister in the past. And its also implied here that Xuan had some sort of mask on in the way he was living in Qing Shui. So yep four main characters some sort of emotional issues in them..

Chapter 3 Last Part...

Xiang Liu came to Xiao Liu bedroom...

Abstract 

Xiao Liu looked at Xiang Liu – tonight he seemed different. His white hair was still not a strand out of place, his white robe was still spotless but appeared not as perfect as before “You’re hurt.”

Xiang Liu stroked Xiao Liu’s neck as if picking a spot to bite next “What exactly did you eat to grow up? If demons were to discover that your blood was more powerful in healing than even the most magical of medicinal pills, you’ll get eaten until nothing is left.”

Xiao Liu laughed but didn’t respond to Xiang Liu’s words and instead asked “What brings my lord here so late tonight?”

Xiang Liu took off his outer robe and laid down comfortably “Borrowing your pallet to sleep.”

“Then where will I sleep?”

Xiang Liu glanced at him and Xiao Liu immediately squatted. He understood, he could sleep sprawled anywhere.

Xiao Liu glared angrily – that’s my blanket, Shi Qi took it out and aired it under the warm sun all day and beat it until it was nice and fluffy. Xiao Liu wrapped himself up in a blanket and curled into a ball in the corner of the pallet and resentfully fell asleep.

In the middle of the night, Xiao Liu climbed on top of Xiang Liu’s body and he opened his eyes. Xiao Liu grabbed his neck and laughed wildly “You’re using your power to heal yourself, right? Don’t interrupt and stop now otherwise you’ll exacerbate your injury and may even lose all your powers and lose all thought.” Xiang Liu closed his eyes.

Xiao Liu slapped his left cheek “How about I whip you 40 times?” Xiao Liu slapped his right cheek “You stupid demon, you’re not afraid of pain. If I cut off your left arm you’ll probably roast it with your right arm and eat it.”

“Hee hee…..” Xiao Liu jumped off the pallet and ran to the kitchen to grab some coal from the stove. He slithered back to the room and jumped on the pallet and hooted “Even you have a day like this! Don’t be angry and focus on healing your injury, don’t let me distract you!” Xiao Liu grabbed the coal and started carefully drawing over Xiang Liu’s face.

After Xiao Liu was done and approved of the results, he grabbed his precious mirror and put it in front of Xiang Liu’s face “Take a look but don’t get mad and ruin your healing energy flow.” Xiang Liu opened his eyes which were sharper than knives but Xiao Liu was on a roll “Look!”

Inside the mirror, under Xiang Liu’s left eye was three more eyes, under his right eye was three more eyes, and there was one more eye on his forehead. Xiao Liu counted “One, two three……….a total of nine.”

Xiao Liu used his blackened fingers to rub those eyes until it became heads and he turned nine eyes into nine heads. Xiang Liu stared at him and Xiao Liu furrowed his brows “I really can’t imagine what nine heads looks like. One of these days you have to show me your true form!” Xiang Liu’s lips moved and he wordlessly mouthed “I am going to devour you.”

Xiao Liu used his dirty fingers to rub on his lips “If you don’t mind it being so dirty then go ahead and eat!”

Xiao Liu flipped off the pallet and cocked his head to stare at Xiang Liu “I’m leaving, no need to come look for me. I’m going to disappear for a few days until your temper dies down. When you remember my good side then I’ll be back.”

and yep she put xl in her mirror as to get control over. Its mean she has some sort of victory ..so she put that in her mirror . As for fascinating ...still not sure though she mentioned she would like to see his original form..its more like curiocity., And its some sort of healing too. 

And her petty anger  at Yeh Shi seen was gone but it took months.

And somehow i pity Shi qi...at how he lowered hs son..

Shi Qi handed the snack basket to Xiao Liu and he grabbed a few duck feet. Shi Qi’s eyes lit up. Xiao Liu politely smiled “Thank you” and Shi Qi’s eyes dimmed. Xiao Liu munched on a duck foot and walked into his room kicking the door shut. Shi Qi held the basket and stood there with his lead lowered.

It was six months later..

Shi Qi quietly stood there. After some time he spoke “Xiao Liu, you are still angry.”

“Huh?” Xiao Liu pretended not to get it “No, Lao Mu is now all buddies with him and is willing to accept Ah Nian like a little sister and let her win this time, what reason would I have to still be angry?” Shi Qi knew he was avoiding the topic and stared at him “You are not talking to me.”

“How so? I talk to you every day. Am I not talking to you right now?”

“I….want…..you to be like before. I want to hear you talk.”

“Before?” Xiao Liu acted stupid “How was I different now than before? Don’t I treat you the same as I do Ma Zi and the others?”

Shi Qi lowered his head and didn’t have the glib tongue to counter. He could only use his silence to endure it all, his voice lingering of loneliness. Xiao Liu hung up the rag and wiped his hand on his shirt “Okay, all done. Time to rest.”

Xiao Liu hurried back to his room, the hard shell around his heart already sealed shut again.

But after he drew eyes on XL and ran away and come  , she is in good mood...after she went back from Xuan place to hide from XL.

It was death laying down or standing up so might as well get it over with. Xiao Liu closed his eyes and shook “I…..I….was wrong!”

Like a cat, using the gentlest voice to cajole an owner’s forgiveness, hoping Xiang Liu would remember his ability to make poisons and also that his blood was healing, then perhaps he wouldn’t be beaten half to death. Except….after a few moments, there was still no movement.

Xiao Liu’s heart was pounding furiously and finally he couldn’t take it anymore and opened his eyes. It. Was. Shi. Qi!

Xiao Liu was furious! He was so scared out of his wits! He pointed at Shi Qi and wagged his finger “You….you…..how come it’s you?” Shi Qi’s face was ashen and he voice despondent “I’m sorry you were disappointed.”

“What are you doing in my room?”

Shi Qi bit his lip and lowered his head and turned to leave. Xiao Liu quickly tried to apologize “I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else. That….that….my tone of voice was harsh but don’t feel bad. I’m not forbidding you from entering my room.”

“It’s my fault.” Shi Qi moved past him and walked out, closing the door tightly behind him.

Xiao Liu hadn’t sleep comfortably in days so quickly took off his clothes and burrowed until the covers. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths – clean, warm, the faint scent of soap and sunshine.

And yep..Xiao Liu was once again at ease....she decided to let Shi Qi stay temporarily again , trying to shut her heart. 

Overall, the story is coming to more life as more important characters are coming. And we readers can feel ..something was holding them back. As for relationship between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi, this situation might come as a life test, Shi Qi had his own reasons why he s not there with Xiao Liu. Xiao Liu had the right to be mad because she left over again. And we can clearly see this torment Shi Qi a lot. That is for now..before I go with chapter 4.. i will wrap up all for chapter 3 again ...

My wrapped up post for chapter 3....

Ma Zi got into trouble because he protected his father in law from some high noble bratty girl. And we are now confirmed that Qing Shui does not have government. Chaung Zi and Lao Mu went see this bratty lady? So Xiao Liu and Shi Qi follow them. Im skipping some parts. 

My thoughts on this part is that, it finally comes a time there were conflicts between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi. There was this time when Shi Qi could not have done as Xiao Liu had wish, which had led to her feeling abandoned again. (I think Shi Qi knew it later.) What happened is that bratty A Nian made her servant girl Hai Tang bullied Chaung Zi and Lao Mu. And Xiao Liu poisoned her. But Hai Tang eyes were fixed on Shi Qi as recognizing him. That made Shi Qi uncomfortable as there s line he stood off at the corner , under shadow. Meaning that he did not want Hai Tang to see him again? And Xiao Liu had missed to recognize what's Shi Qi was doing too. So her plan got failure. In drama i think there's a line "he did not want them to get into trouble "... ? I need to watch the part again . but in novel he simply was hiding (under shadow),  as afraid to get known by them. I mean Hai Tang and A Nian. And yep the new guests to Qing Shui were a bratty and a pretty boy , who is a lot more sensible and refine than his sister. So all in all im think XiaoQi were dealing with their pasts again .

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2878977&page=329#p2878977

a little more thought on Shi Qi leaving Xiao Liu side. I felt different between novel version and drama version. Personally somehow I prefer novel version although he did not clearly say why he left her like that. The drama version is clear he did not want her and them to get into trouble. Personally I felt a little odd by it somehow. Was he meaning if Xiao Yao and him caused trouble, it would backfire them, or was he afraid that if his identity was revealed, there will be trouble for them. ??  Again this is personal opinion, in the novel it gives me more vibe of he was afraid to get revealed his identity . I get this by the phrase "stood off at the corner shadow"..I felt it that he is hiding from in shadow from his past. And yep by leaving her like that provoke her once abandoned feeling again.

XL is very pissed when Xiao Liu ask him to do. Is his original form haunting him.?.but it leads him to physically hurt Xiao Liu. 

And yep we have another man now, pretty one Xuan, the wine seller, a guy from far away land. ..this scene was actually the scene I will be sharing next though ....

We can all clearly see Xuan had some kind of sadness according to his sister in the past. And its also implied here that Xuan had some sort of mask on in the way he was living in Qing Shui. So yep four main characters some sort of emotional issues in them
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2879291&page=330#p2879291

I was wondering if i should share this part. But then I'd like to. Because in this scene , Xiao Liu was once again healed because she got to do some sort of controlling, humiliating XL. And i also love how she sort of possess ive over her bed that Shi Qi had made for her. 

and yep she put xl in her mirror as to get control over. Its mean she has some sort of victory ..so she put that in her mirror . As for fascinating ...still not sure though she mentioned she would like to see his original form..its more like curiocity., And its some sort of healing too. 

And yep..Xiao Liu was once again at ease....she decided to let Shi Qi stay temporarily again , trying to shut her heart. 

Overall, the story is coming to more life as more important characters are coming. And we readers can feel ..something was holding them back. As for relationship between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi, this situation might come as a life test, Shi Qi had his own reasons why he s not there with Xiao Liu. Xiao Liu had the right to be mad because she left over again. And we can clearly see this torment Shi Qi a lot. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2879445&page=330#p2879445

Adding a little more....

Xiao Liu hadn’t sleep comfortably in days so quickly took off his clothes and burrowed until the covers. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths – clean, warm, the faint scent of soap and sunshine.

The comforter had been laundered and dried under the sun. Xiao Liu laughed and reminded himself not to get used to it. All people will leave and he can’t get coddled, his life was to sleep in a cold blanket, in a dirty blanket. Xiao Liu finished reminding himself before turning around and falling fast asleep.

Overall, we can see Xiao Liu realized Shi Qi can leave her at anytime ...yet she still want to enjoy time with him and his care. I do like how she relax in the blanket he prepaid for her with her bare body...♡ it gives me some sensation...feels..

from drama..just fr addition 

my tormented baby fox......

but i understand why she would not want pancake from him anymore ....

=> Chapter 3 - A Mosaical  Rought overview; sticked with glue :D :

Thoughts on Chapter 3: Guest from Far Away Land

part 1

A Nian , the bratty and Xiao Liu got mad my thoughts will be blue color...

parts from novel:

Chuan Zi laughed at Butcher Gao’s smart deal, got money for marrying a daughter and got himself an extra son. Xiao Liu and Lao Mu didn’t care – to Xiao Liu having one Shi Qi equaled ten Ma Zi, and for Lao Mu he was just happy to see Ma Zi living a peaceful happy life.

So when one day Ma Zi was carried into the clinic by Butcher Gao and Chun Tao, Lao Mu was in disbelief while Xiao Liu furrowed his brows. If it was Chuan Zi that got beaten up that wouldn’t surprise Xiao Liu. Chuan Zi could be an ass and sometimes deserved a beat down. But Ma Zi was not like that, he was tall and strong but very reasonable and was willing to give in to others.

“What happened?” Lao Mu asked. Chun Tao wiped her tears and explained “After butchering a sheep this morning, I was delivering sheep blood when I accidentally bumped into a lady. I apologized to her and offered to pay for the damage but the lady’s maid yelled that I couldn’t afford it. My dad got nervous and a few words were exchanged and then fists went flying. Ma Zi tried to protect my dad and got beaten.”

Qing Shui Town had no government or law enforcement and the only law was survival of the fittest.

So Ma Zi got into trouble because he protected his father in law from some high noble bratty girl. And we are now confirmed that Qing Shui does not have government. Chaung Zi and Lao Mu went see this bratty lady? So Xiao Liu and Shi Qi follow them. Im skipping some parts. 

Shi Qi followed behind Xiao Liu and when they arrived at the inn they saw Lao Mu fighting with a girl in yellow. Chuan Zi was laying on the ground and when he saw Xiao Liu he grumbled “Brother Liu, I didn’t start anything. Before I got close to them I was already beaten down.”

Xiao Liu shot him a glance and then looked at Lao Mu who was clearly not a match for the girl in yellow. The girl was like toying with a monkey the way she danced around Lao Mu, with a veiled girl standing on the stone steps next to her. The girl was laughing as she watched and would call out an order “Hai Tang, I want to see him fall on his butt.” and the girl indeed caused Lao Mu to fall on his rear end. The young girl giggled and clapped “Hopping, I want to see him hopping like a toad!”

Lao Mu could not control his body and he was forced to hop like a toad as if someone else was pressing on him. The little girl doubled over laughing and all the people gathered to watch the scene were also guffawing.

Xiao Liu squeezed to the front and bowed to the young girl before turning to Hai Tang “He’s already defeated, will the young lady please stop.”

Hai Tang looked at the young girl but the young girl continued as if she heard nothing “I want to see him tumbling.” Lao Mu was then tumbling on the ground while the young girl laughed and the crowd also laughed

Xiao Liu solemnly spoke up “The rule of Qing Shui Town says to know when to stop when there is no blood feud at stake.” The young girl looked at Xiao Liu “My rule is whomever offended me must die! Xuan gege won’t let me hurt anyone so I won’t hurt anyone, but I’ll make him perform tricks.”

Lao Mu was a hardscrabble battle worn old man and there were tears in his eyes as he begged Xiao Liu “Kill me!” He was a runaway soldier from the Xuan Yuan Army but he was only escaping the nonstop war and not escaping a man’s dignity. Xiao Liu’s murderous intent was roused and he stepped forward.

Suddenly Lao Mu stopped tumbling and Chuan Zi hurried over to help him up. The young girl was unhappy “Hai Tang, did I allow you to stop?” Hai Tang shot a glance at Shi Qi standing in the crowd “It wasn’t your servant I” She slowly backed up and stood in front of the young girl with her eyes locked on Shi Qi.

Xiao Liu sat in the front salon while Shi Qi stood off in the corner in the shadows. Xiao Liu toyed with a cup of wine and chattered in his usual way “Lao Mu, Ma Zi, Chuan Zi, they all think I’m the nicest person. But in truth I’ve killed people since I was very young…….I haven’t killed anyone in a long time but today I wanted to kill them.”

“They are Gods.” Shi Qi suddenly spoke out.

“What of it?” Xiao Liu looked unafraid.

Shi Qi was silent. Xiao Liu glanced at him “Will you help me?” Shi Qi nodded. Xiao Liu smiled and suddenly didn’t feel killing anyone anymore. Xiao Liu drank a tumbler of wine and finally the person he was waiting for arrived.

The young girl took off her veil and her features were merely fine but with an expressive pair of eyes that raised her looks from a 5 to an 8 on that alone. The man standing next to her was very extraordinary – his eyes were warm and his demeanor refined like the rivers and mountains in fluidity and strength.

The man bowed to Xiao Liu “I am Xuan and this is my cousin Ah Nian. Our servant girl Hai Tang has been poisoned by young master you so I came personally to ask young master to give us the antidote.”

Xiao Liu played with the tumbler of wine in his hand and said with a smile “Sure, if one kneeled and bowed in apology to my elder brother.”

Ah Nian glared at Xiao Liu “Want my servant girl to bow in apology to your elder brother, are you sick of living?”

Xiao Liu coldly stared at Hai Tang who appeared in great pain as she clutched the wall and slowly sank to the floor. Ah Nian whined “Xuan gege, you see! They came looking for trouble. I didn’t hurt them and was just toying a bit but they responded by trying to kill us. If I wasn’t carrying my E….father’s poison warding beads then I would have been poisoned.”

Hai Tang yelped in pain and Xuan stared at Xiao Liu “Please give me the antidote!”

Xiao Liu coldly laughed “What? You want to take it with force? Be my guest!”

Xuan reached out to grab the medicine and Xiao Liu backed up. Xiao Liu knew Shi Qi was behind her and if he blocked for Xiao Liu then he could see what type of powers Xuan had and poison him accordingly. But Shi Qi didn’t step forward and when Xiao Liu looked back the corner of the room was empty and Shi Qi was gone.

Xiao Liu was struck by Xuan and collapsed. Xuan was surprised that Xiao Liu was so weak since he appeared so brash and quickly held back his power “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you……” He picked up Xiao Liu to check his injuries and it was a relief that Xuan never intended to hurt him so Xiao Liu appeared just dazed. Xiao Liu rested on Xuan’s shoulder and a small smile appeared on his lips and his eyes filled with derision. Sometimes one could only laugh at the entire world.

Xuan paused.

Ah Nian picked up the antidote bottle and fed a pill to Hai Tang who swallowed and expressed some aura “This is the antidote.” Ah Nian mocked Xiao Liu “You’re this useless and you dared to oppose us?”

Xiao Liu pushed Xuan away and struggled to get up “Scram!”

Ah Nian wanted to strike but Xuan stopped her “Since the poison has been cured, let’s just go home.” He looked at Xiao Liu one more time before dragging Ah Nian behind him. Ah Nian looked back and silently mouthed the insult “Lowlife loser!”

Xiao Liu walked into the courtyard and sat down on the stone step and Shi Qi walked behind him. Xiao Liu smiled at the sunset and loudly sighed. He was wrong, he should never rely on another.

Shi Qi kneeled beside Xiao Liu and handed him the basket of snacks. Xiao Liu asked “You know them?” Shi Qi nodded. “They are the young lady and lord of a noble family in the God tribe?” Shi Qi paused for a moment before slowly nodding. “You were afraid they would recognize you so you hid? Or you thought I shouldn’t have messed with them so you hid so they could get the antidote?”

My thoughts on this part is that, it finally comes a time there were conflicts between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi. There was this time when Shi Qi could not have done as Xiao Liu had wish, which had led to her feeling abandoned again. (I think Shi Qi knew it later.) What happened is that bratty A Nian made her servant girl Hai Tang bullied Chaung Zi and Lao Mu. And Xiao Liu poisoned her. But Hai Tang eyes were fixed on Shi Qi as recognizing him. That made Shi Qi uncomfortable as there s line he stood off at the corner , under shadow. Meaning that he did not want Hai Tang to see him again? And Xiao Liu had missed to recognize what's Shi Qi was doing too. So her plan got failure. In drama i think there's a line "he did not want them to get into trouble "... ? I need to watch the part again . but in novel he simply was hiding (under shadow),  as afraid to get known by them. I mean Hai Tang and A Nian. And yep the new guests to Qing Shui were a bratty and a pretty boy , who is a lot more sensible and refine than his sister. So all in all im think XiaoQi were dealing with their pasts again .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbolika1 

Winny Aye: reasons.:D

Love the ending/closure of the chapter  : =>  

Xiao Liu notices the comforting scents of soap and sunshine in his room, which are associated with Ye Shiqi. Despite his earlier reflections on impermanence (trust/untrust-wrong/right etc), Xiao Liu appreciates the comfort, acknowledging that people may leave but the momentary respite is fully appreciated. Text bellow:

"Xiao Liu hadn’t sleep comfortably in days so quickly took off his clothes and burrowed until the covers. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths – clean, warm, the faint scent of soap and sunshine. The comforter had been laundered and dried under the sun. Xiao Liu laughed and reminded himself not to get used to it. All people will leave and he can’t get coddled, his life was to sleep in a cold blanket, in a dirty blanket. Xiao Liu finished reminding himself before turning around and falling fast asleep.  "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Winny Chapter 3:  Guests from Far Away Land

part 2: The Haunting

continue a little more thought on Shi Qi leaving Xiao Liu side. I felt different between novel version and drama version. Personally somehow I prefer novel version although he did not clearly say why he left her like that. The drama version is clear he did not want her and them to get into trouble. Personally I felt a little odd by it somehow. Was he meaning if Xiao Yao and him caused trouble, it would backfire them, or was he afraid that if his identity was revealed, there will be trouble for them. ??  Again this is personal opinion, in the novel it gives me more vibe of he was afraid to get revealed his identity . I get this by the phrase "stood off at the corner shadow"..I felt it that he is hiding from in shadow from his past. And yep by leaving her like that provoke her once abandoned feeling again.  

And yep this chapter deals characters bothering by something in themselves ....not only ziao ki but also other two main characters . 

Let me share more abstract from the novel,

Xiao Liu walked to the edge of the river and watched it rumble past. He wasn’t angry that Shi Qi let Xuan take the antidote. He was angry because when he relied on someone it was to turn around and discover that person wasn’t there. He was angry at himself for having this pathetic hope. Xiao Liu jumped into the river and swam upstream. The river got wider and wider and the current stronger and stronger.

there differences. In the novel she dived into the river herself (to heal?) and of course she encountered Xiang Liu..let me skip to one of their scene.. 

Xiao Liu started cooking the fish while Xiang Liu said “You grew up somewhere with a lot of water.”

“You say that for anyone who can swim?”

“Not just because you can swim, it’s that swimming brings you unfettered happiness. People seek familiar things that allow them to relax and feel the freedom and joy from childhood.”

In here it talks about her relation to water . Remark all water in the world came from Gao Xing. 

Xiao Liu whistled “They say you are a Nine-headed demon, and with your nine-heads thinking together it’s definitely working. Even what you say is so deep.”

“Don’t you know that’s a taboo topic?”

Xiao Liu wasn’t scared and continued “I’m curious, how are your nine-heads arranged? In a row? One one top of the other? Or three on each side of three in the middle? Which one goes first when you eat?…..” Xiao Liu suddenly couldn’t open his mouth anymore.

“Nnnnngggg…….nnnnngggg……”

Xiang Liu took the cooked fish and slowly started to eat it and Xiao Liu could only stare. After he finished the fish he stared at Xiao Liu “I actually like eating people the best. Your size is perfect so that each of my heads can take a bite.”

His hand stroked Xiao Liu’s face and he leaned in and grabbed Xiao Liu’s neck. Xiao Liu’s body shook and he shut his eyes. Xiang Liu’s tongue tasted blood and a realization thundered through his mind. He slowly sucked a few times before raising his head “Do you dare say anymore nonsense?”

Xiao Liu wildly shook his head. Xiang Liu released him and Xiao Liu scrambled as far away as he could.

....skip  a bit

As they returned to Qing Shiu Town, Xiang Liu kicked Xiao Liu off the back of the condor without warning and Xiao Liu fell into the river. He was stunned and floated on the surface watching the condor fly off...

In here, I think XL is very pissed when Xiao Liu ask him to do. Is his original form haunting him.?.but it leads him to physically hurt Xiao Liu. 

Xuan appeared to know what he was thinking “In the future if Ah Nian does anything that is rude, will Brother Liu please forgive her considering she’s just a girl.”

In the future? There is a future……so he’s not going to quietly get rid of him tonight? Xiao Liu smiled “No problem, no problem, I’ll definitely let it slide.” Xuan stood up and sincerely asked again so Xiao Liu said it again that he’ll let Ah Nian’s actions slide until it became a promise. Xiao Liu sighed and said wistfully “It’s good to be your sister.”

That was probably the most sincere thing Xiao Liu said all night and even Xuan felt it. His mask of a smile disappeared and he said “No, I am not a good brother.” In his words there was the hint of sadness. Xiao Liu drank his wine “I’m going home.”

We can all clearly see Xuan had some kind of sadness according to his sister in the past. And its also implied here that Xuan had some sort of mask on in the way he was living in Qing Shui. So yep four main characters some sort of emotional issues in them..

Chapter 3 Last Part...

I was wondering if i should share this part. But then I'd like to. Because in this scene , Xiao Liu was once again healed because she got to do some sort of controlling, humiliating XL. And i also love how she sort of possess ive over her bed that Shi Qi had made for her. 

Xiao Liu looked at Xiang Liu – tonight he seemed different. His white hair was still not a strand out of place, his white robe was still spotless but appeared not as perfect as before “You’re hurt.”

Xiang Liu stroked Xiao Liu’s neck as if picking a spot to bite next “What exactly did you eat to grow up? If demons were to discover that your blood was more powerful in healing than even the most magical of medicinal pills, you’ll get eaten until nothing is left.”

Xiao Liu laughed but didn’t respond to Xiang Liu’s words and instead asked “What brings my lord here so late tonight?”

Xiang Liu took off his outer robe and laid down comfortably “Borrowing your pallet to sleep.”

“Then where will I sleep?”

Xiang Liu glanced at him and Xiao Liu immediately squatted. He understood, he could sleep sprawled anywhere.

Xiao Liu glared angrily – that’s my blanket, Shi Qi took it out and aired it under the warm sun all day and beat it until it was nice and fluffy. Xiao Liu wrapped himself up in a blanket and curled into a ball in the corner of the pallet and resentfully fell asleep.

In the middle of the night, Xiao Liu climbed on top of Xiang Liu’s body and he opened his eyes. Xiao Liu grabbed his neck and laughed wildly “You’re using your power to heal yourself, right? Don’t interrupt and stop now otherwise you’ll exacerbate your injury and may even lose all your powers and lose all thought.” Xiang Liu closed his eyes.

Xiao Liu slapped his left cheek “How about I whip you 40 times?” Xiao Liu slapped his right cheek “You stupid demon, you’re not afraid of pain. If I cut off your left arm you’ll probably roast it with your right arm and eat it.”

“Hee hee…..” Xiao Liu jumped off the pallet and ran to the kitchen to grab some coal from the stove. He slithered back to the room and jumped on the pallet and hooted “Even you have a day like this! Don’t be angry and focus on healing your injury, don’t let me distract you!” Xiao Liu grabbed the coal and started carefully drawing over Xiang Liu’s face.

After Xiao Liu was done and approved of the results, he grabbed his precious mirror and put it in front of Xiang Liu’s face “Take a look but don’t get mad and ruin your healing energy flow.” Xiang Liu opened his eyes which were sharper than knives but Xiao Liu was on a roll “Look!”

Inside the mirror, under Xiang Liu’s left eye was three more eyes, under his right eye was three more eyes, and there was one more eye on his forehead. Xiao Liu counted “One, two three……….a total of nine.”

Xiao Liu used his blackened fingers to rub those eyes until it became heads and he turned nine eyes into nine heads. Xiang Liu stared at him and Xiao Liu furrowed his brows “I really can’t imagine what nine heads looks like. One of these days you have to show me your true form!” Xiang Liu’s lips moved and he wordlessly mouthed “I am going to devour you.”

Xiao Liu used his dirty fingers to rub on his lips “If you don’t mind it being so dirty then go ahead and eat!”

Xiao Liu flipped off the pallet and cocked his head to stare at Xiang Liu “I’m leaving, no need to come look for me. I’m going to disappear for a few days until your temper dies down. When you remember my good side then I’ll be back.”

And somehow i pity Shi qi...at how he lowered hs son..

Shi Qi handed the snack basket to Xiao Liu and he grabbed a few duck feet. Shi Qi’s eyes lit up. Xiao Liu politely smiled “Thank you” and Shi Qi’s eyes dimmed. Xiao Liu munched on a duck foot and walked into his room kicking the door shut. Shi Qi held the basket and stood there with his lead lowered.

It was six months later..

Shi Qi quietly stood there. After some time he spoke “Xiao Liu, you are still angry.”

“Huh?” Xiao Liu pretended not to get it “No, Lao Mu is now all buddies with him and is willing to accept Ah Nian like a little sister and let her win this time, what reason would I have to still be angry?” Shi Qi knew he was avoiding the topic and stared at him “You are not talking to me.”

“How so? I talk to you every day. Am I not talking to you right now?”

“I….want…..you to be like before. I want to hear you talk.”

“Before?” Xiao Liu acted stupid “How was I different now than before? Don’t I treat you the same as I do Ma Zi and the others?”

Shi Qi lowered his head and didn’t have the glib tongue to counter. He could only use his silence to endure it all, his voice lingering of loneliness. Xiao Liu hung up the rag and wiped his hand on his shirt “Okay, all done. Time to rest.”

Xiao Liu hurried back to his room, the hard shell around his heart already sealed shut again.

But after he drew eyes on XL and ran away and come  , she is in good mood...after she went back from Xuan place to hide from XL.

It was death laying down or standing up so might as well get it over with. Xiao Liu closed his eyes and shook “I…..I….was wrong!”

Like a cat, using the gentlest voice to cajole an owner’s forgiveness, hoping Xiang Liu would remember his ability to make poisons and also that his blood was healing, then perhaps he wouldn’t be beaten half to death. Except….after a few moments, there was still no movement.

Xiao Liu’s heart was pounding furiously and finally he couldn’t take it anymore and opened his eyes. It. Was. Shi. Qi!

Xiao Liu was furious! He was so scared out of his wits! He pointed at Shi Qi and wagged his finger “You….you…..how come it’s you?” Shi Qi’s face was ashen and he voice despondent “I’m sorry you were disappointed.”

“What are you doing in my room?”

Shi Qi bit his lip and lowered his head and turned to leave. Xiao Liu quickly tried to apologize “I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else. That….that….my tone of voice was harsh but don’t feel bad. I’m not forbidding you from entering my room.”

“It’s my fault.” Shi Qi moved past him and walked out, closing the door tightly behind him.

Overall, the story is coming to more life as more important characters are coming. And we readers can feel ..something was holding them back. As for relationship between Xiao Liu and Shi Qi, this situation might come as a life test, Shi Qi had his own reasons why he s not there with Xiao Liu. Xiao Liu had the right to be mad because she left over again. And we can clearly see this torment Shi Qi a lot. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more later :)

@Symbolika1 : that's the beauty of re reading the novel:

As Xiao Liu reveals his violent past and expresses a desire for revenge, the arrival of Xuan and Ah Nian marks a pivotal moment. However, it is Ye Shiqi's subtle actions that reveal layers of complexity in his character.

Xiao Liu's admission of past violence  (she have killed before) sets a tone of tension, and Shi Qi's agreement to help him suggests a unique connection between the two characters. The introduction of Xuan and Ah Nian brings external conflict, and Xiao Liu's initial bravado is met with surprise as he collapses after a confrontation.

The critical moment occurs when Shi Qi mysteriously disappears, leaving Xiao Liu vulnerable. Xuan's surprise at Xiao Liu's weakness hints at a miscalculation, and Xiao Liu's subsequent derisive smile adds a layer of  her inner complexity to the scene.

However!T he most intriguing element lies in Xiao Liu's reflection on Shi Qi's disappearance. As he questions whether Shi Qi hid to avoid recognition, a deeper motivation emerges.

Let's get into that:

Quote (ch3):  - "'You were afraid they would recognize you so you hid? Or you thought I shouldn’t have messed with them so you hid so they could get the antidote?'"

***It becomes apparent that Shi Qi's decision to conceal his identity is not rooted in a fear of facing his past; rather, it is a deliberate choice to protect Xiao Liu.***

The key revelation lies in the understanding that Ye Shiqi's motive is not self-centered or based on a personal aversion to his own history. Instead, it is a selfless act, driven by a desire to please Xiao Liu. AS, Xiao Liu's repeated sentiments about Ye Shiqi leaving her one day have clearly resonated. In hiding his identity, Ye Shiqi seeks to alleviate Xiao Liu's anxieties, to reassure her that their bond can continue and evolve without the looming threat of abandonment.

This subtle yet profound decision to stay in the shadows is a testament to Ye Shiqi's understanding of Xiao Liu's fears and insecurities. It showcases a nuanced approach to their relationship, where the preservation and growth of their connection take precedence over personal concerns.

In essence, Ye Shiqi's actions speak volumes about the depth of his feelings for Xiao Liu and his commitment to their shared journey. It adds a layer of poignancy to the unfolding narrative,  leaving readers to ponder the intricacies of love, sacrifice, and the unspoken promises that bind these characters together.

=>  So he protected her from being backfired if he helped her out (knowing who she intend to kill) and   also for protecting the part of her that desire him by her side forever ( her repeatingly saying - one  day you will leave me.

*Regarding what was his motives it became very clear:

=> Ye Shiqi's decision to hide his identity and protect Xiao Liu from the potential consequences of their   actions serves a dual purpose:

1. Protection from Backlash:

• By concealing his identity, Ye Shiqi safeguards Xiao Liu from potential backlash   or reprisals that might arise if his true nature or past were revealed. He unders-  tands the risks involved and chooses to shield her from any negative consequences.
  2. Preserving Their Bond:

• Simultaneously, Ye Shiqi's actions are motivated by a desire to preserve and strengthen their bond. He is attuned to Xiao Liu's fears of abandonment, and by preventing any potential fallout, he seeks to reassure her that their connection is enduring and that he intends to stay by her side.

To conclude my thoughts :

Ye Shiqi's protective stance is not just about shielding Xiao Liu from external threats but also  about nurturing the emotional aspect of their relationship. It reflects a profound understanding of Xiao Liu's vulnerabilities and a commitment to being a constant and reassuring presence in her life. The complexity of these motivations adds depth to their narrative, elevating the emotional resonance of their evolving connection even in hardship.

(note: And he did so right: that we can see from ep.6 some absolutly delightfull moments, that shows how his attitude was in fine appriciated by Xiao Liu. Incoming pics! ....)

Ep.6 -just after their reconsiliation, over the mather we are covering with Winny...XiaoLiu: "Even if you dont have a concubine...You must have a few of stunning looking maids, don't you?"                                                                               " Who's the prettier?..."                                                                "....What kind of woman do you like?......"                                                   "Is it the innocent type like a white rabbit?..."...or the passionate one like the one inside?"... We are at the 4th minute, she will have just few seconds  to ask one last provocation:D ....Here she goes again:                                                 -" Why are you blushing?....do you want to get married?" 

Yeshiqi with onedirect look on her will tell her sooo much:

that she just have to step back  :D...<3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes from our thread:

One thing I see is as of right now in chapter 1and 2 WXY is developing  some feelings towards YSQ. She does not know anything about her parents love story. So she is not influenced by that. 

@Winny Aye 

peng-peng:

One thing I see is as of right now in chapter 1and 2 WXY is developing  some feelings towards YSQ. She does not know anything about her parents love story. So she is not influenced by that. 

it's something that I have been saying since long time ago. But some are convinced that her falling for Shi Qi had to do with her mom history. Personally I don't think so. I don't think falling in love  is something that could be control or avoid and therefore , would she be repeating her mom case is sometimes not to do with what her heart  does. and yep she developed attraction to Shi Qi since chapter 1. when she had no idea about who he is.

Your observation is astute!. 

As of Chapters 1 and 2, it appears that WXY (Xiao Liu) is developing some genuine feelings towards Yeshiqi (YSQ). The narrative, at this point, seems to focus on the organic growth of emotions between them without being influenced by the backdrop of her parents' love story.

This detachment from her parents' narrative allows for a more authentic exploration of WXY's feelings. Her emotional journey seems to be an independent entity, shaped by her own experiences, fears, and the nuances of her interactions with Yeshiqi. The absence of knowledge about her parents' love story serves as a canvas on which a new tale of affection and connection is painted.

This narrative choice not only adds a layer of freshness to the storyline but also allows WXY and YSQ's relationship to unfold organically, unburdened by the expectations or shadows of a previous generation's romance. It provides an opportunity for their connection to be a standalone narrative, with its own set of challenges, misunderstandings, and, hopefully, a unique resolution.

As the story progresses, it will be fascinating to observe how WXY's feelings evolve, intertwining with YSQ's character development and the overarching plot. The absence of parental influence might also contribute to a sense of liberation or, conversely, present its own set of challenges as the characters navigate the uncharted territory of their emotions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIRROR ANALYSIS

After Xiao Liu was done and approved of the results, he grabbed his precious mirror 

Magical Mirror 

1. Coping Mechanism and Empowerment: 

Given that Xiang Liu is described as another kind of torturer in her present time, Xiao Liu's use of the mirror becomes a coping mechanism and a form of empowerment. In a situation where he might be subjected to torment or manipulation, Xiao Liu's ability to playfully manipulate the mirror gives him a sense of agency. 

2. Symbol of Resistance: 

The act of drawing on Xiang Liu's face can be seen as a symbolic resistance against the potential torment or manipulation he might experience. Xiao Liu, in a way, takes control of a magical object that could be used for serious purposes and turns it into a tool for his own amusement and defiance. 

3. Humor as a Defense Mechanism: 

Xiao Liu's laughter and playful taunting with the mirror may serve as a defense mechanism. Humor can be a way for individuals to cope with difficult situations, and in this context, Xiao Liu uses it to deflect the severity of their interactions. 

4.Navigating a Complicated Relationship: 

The dialogue between Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu reveals a complex relationship. Xiao Liu's history of captivity and torture by the Nine-tailed fox and the snake has likely shaped his responses to potentially oppressive situations. His lighthearted approach with the mirror could be a way to navigate the challenges of dealing with another powerful entity.

5.Blurring Lines Between Tormentor and Amusement: 

The ambiguity in Xiao Liu's response to whether Xiang Liu is the snake to alleviate his loneliness adds an intriguing layer. It suggests a certain fluidity in their relationship where torment and amusement might coexist or overlap, blurring the lines between the roles as source of entertainment. 

6. Playing the Game of Power Dynamics: 

The mirror becomes a tool in the power dynamics between Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu. While Xiang Liu may have the potential to be a torturer, Xiao Liu's ability to manipulate magical artifacts showcases his resourcefulness and his willingness to play the game of power dynamics in their relationship. 

In summary, Xiao Liu's actions with the mirror, in the context highlight the character's resilience, defiance, and use of humor as a coping mechanism. Their relationship becomes a nuanced interplay of power, torment, and amusement in the fantastical world of the novel.

//Deeper analysis (taking account  of  the full story of the mirror from Xiao Liu's past from ch.9//

Xiao Liu's actions with the mirror and his irreverent depiction might be connected to his past experiences with the Nine-tailed fox and the snake torturer.

Symbolic Continuation of Coping Mechanism: 

Xiao Liu's irreverent depiction of Xiang Liu can be seen as a continuation of coping mechanisms developed during his captivity with the Nine-tailed fox and the snake. Humor might have been a survival tactic in his past, and by employing it again with Xiang Liu, Xiao Liu is maintaining a consistent approach to deal with challenging situations.

Transformation of Traumatic Symbols: 

The irreverent image in the mirror could be a symbolic transformation of traumatic symbols from Xiao Liu's past. Just as he had to endure captivity and torment by the Nine-tailed fox and the snake, he is now turning a potentially menacing figure, Xiang Liu, into a source of amusement and defiance.

Empowerment Through Mockery: 

Creating a disrespectful image of Xiang Liu may serve as a way for Xiao Liu to feel empowered in the face of past tormentors. It transforms the narrative from one of victimhood to one where Xiao Liu actively engages in mocking and resisting those who have caused him harm.

Defying Patterns of Abuse: 

Xiao Liu's actions might also represent a conscious effort to defy the established patterns of abuse in his past. By turning Xiang Liu into a figure of mockery, he is subverting the traditional power dynamic between victim and abuser, demonstrating that he refuses to be defined solely by the role of a victim.

Building Resilience Through Humor: 

Humor becomes a consistent thread in Xiao Liu's response to trauma. Just as he may have used humor to endure the captivity with the Nine-tailed fox and the snake, he is now using it to build resilience in the face of a potentially abusive relationship with Xiang Liu.

Shifting Perceptions of Authority: 

By mocking Xiang Liu, Xiao Liu might be intentionally altering the perception of authority associated with his past tormentors. It's a way of dismantling the fear and intimidation that these figures might evoke by reducing them to objects of amusement.

Creating a Narrative of Triumph: 

The irreverent image can be viewed as a narrative of triumph over past traumas. Xiao Liu is not only surviving but actively reshaping the stories of his abusers, turning them into comical figures in his ongoing journey of healing and self-discovery.

=> In conclusion, Xiao Liu's actions with the mirror and his irreverent depiction  are intricately connected to his past experiences with the Nine-tailed fox and the snake. Through humor and defiance, he continues to navigate and transform the traumatic symbols of his past, asserting agency and resilience in the process. We shall see more, later in chapter 9.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------