Kokuto:

This map is a bit different from the one we saw in the drama -- mainly on the east where the big river is going in a  different direction, and there's more land past it.

https://ameblo.jp/shanghaijvmi/entry-12815420590.html

oh... I like the drama map better. But I sti feel like it's still not 100% accurate.  Where would Qingshui Town be?

Kokuto:
This map is a bit different from the one we saw in the drama -- mainly on the east where the big river is going in a  different direction, and there's more land past it.

Thank you for sharing the drama map. It does make more sense.

plor20:
Where would Qingshui Town be?

The novel says:

In addition to having General Hong Jiang’s army to the East, Qingshui Town bordered the Xuan Yuan Kingdom to the West and the Gao Xin Kingdom to the South.

-- Vol 1 Ch2

Beyond the back door of the humble Hui Chun clinic laid a plot of land planted with medicinal herbs. Further down the field was the West River, which would lead into Qing Shui, and the rushing waters of Qing Shui would flow into the East Sea.

-- Vol 3 Ch13  (Chapter 46)

@Kokuto @plor20 @H19279

Since Central Plains is now part of Xuan Yuan, and based on @H19279's clarification from Once Promised, does this location of Qingshui Town and other key locations make more sense?

@Liddi and @ Kokuto

The novel says:

In addition to having General Hong Jiang’s army to the East, Qingshui Town was West of the Xuan Yuan Kingdom and North of the Gao Xin Kingdom.

-- Vol 1 Ch2

I checked the vietnamese translation and it  said after Sheng nong, kingdom was defeated, general Gong gong refused to surrender and took a few tens thousands soldiers  occupying the area on the East side of Qing Shui town and the western side of QS town was next to Xuan Yuan. the south was adjacent to Gaoxin.

Xuaan Yuan kingdom here should be understood as the greater Xuan Yuan which had merged with Sheng nong,

it makes sense with this description 

@Liddi, Can you translate the text on the left?
is that "lost you forever"? then there is the number 2, is that the second part of the book when the image is printed?

H19279:
In addition to having General Hong Jiang’s army to the East, Qingshui Town was West of the Xuan Yuan Kingdom and North of the Gao Xin Kingdom.

Acks! My mind and my words were clearly not in sync - I meant:

In addition to having General Hong Jiang’s army to the East, Qingshui Town bordered the Xuan Yuan Kingdom to the West and the Gao Xin Kingdom to the South.

-- Vol 1 Ch2 

i.e. In addition to having General Hong Jiang’s army to the East, Qingshui Town was East of the Xuan Yuan Kingdom and North of the Gao Xin Kingdom.

Thankfully what I marked on the map was what I meant to say.  Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

windiaaa041293:
@Liddi, Can you translate the text on the left?
is that "lost you forever"? then there is the number 2, is that the second part of the book when the image is printed?

Yes it says 长相思02  - Lost You Forever Vol 2. I can't read the fine print below the words, but I presume that it says "诉衷情 Love Confessed" below the "02".

And yes,  from what I was given to understand, the poster of Xiang Liu and Xiao Liu gazing at the moon together was released along with Vol 2.

@liddi

You're right liddi, I tried to look for a clearer picture, and indeed it is " 诉衷情 Love confessed "

Look at the outer covers of the three books. Isn't that Xiangliu's classic line? how could I not misunderstand that this is just about yaoliu.

liddi:

Thank you for sharing the drama map. It does make more sense.

The novel says:

In addition to having General Hong Jiang’s army to the East, Qingshui Town bordered the Xuan Yuan Kingdom to the West and the Gao Xin Kingdom to the South.

-- Vol 1 Ch2

Beyond the back door of the humble Hui Chun clinic laid a plot of land planted with medicinal herbs. Further down the field was the West River, which would lead into Qing Shui, and the rushing waters of Qing Shui would flow into the East Sea.

-- Vol 3 Ch13  (Chapter 46)

@Kokuto @plor20 @H19279

Since Central Plains is now part of Xuan Yuan, and based on @H19279's clarification from Once Promised, does this location of Qingshui Town and other key locations make more sense?

It's hard to say, because this map is before Xiyan conquered Chenrong (which is the green territory on this map).  Are QingShui and the Resistance Army sitting in old Chenrong territory?  There is a gourd shaped lake to the east of where you put the Army.   If it isn't where you've put it, the it's a little further east and maybe north.  It's hard to see what's under that white ... cloud?

@liddi.. sorry to bother you again.

❤️

Kokuto:
It's hard to say, because this map is before Xiyan conquered Chenrong (which is the green territory on this map).  Are QingShui and the Resistance Army sitting in old Chenrong territory?  There is a gourd shaped lake to the east of where you put the Army.   If it isn't where you've put it, the it's a little further east and maybe north.  It's hard to see what's under that white ... cloud?

Very well spotted! I didn't notice the gourd-shaped lake until you mentioned it. 

Xiao Liu walked to the riverbank and watched the babbling waters.
:
Xiao Liu jumped into the water and swam
 upstream against the current. As the river got wider, the waters became more turbulent.
:
The sound of laughter came from above. Xiao Liu raised his head to see Xiang Liu sitting leisurely on the golden-crowned white condor and looking down at Xiao Liu. “Late night fishing?”
:
The great white condor flew over a 
gourd-shaped lake. The bright moon hung in the sky while the dark blue waters of the lake sparkled with silver, silence all around, so quiet as if time had frozen.
-- Vol 1 Ch3

This is a hopefully clearer version of the map not blocked by the clouds. And since Xiao Liu swam upstream before he encountered Xiang Liu, who then brought him to the gourd-shaped lake, the location should probably be as marked below. I am tentatively guessing the location of Chi Shui as well, since the ship from Five Deities Mountain travelled northwest to arrive at Chi Shui.

windiaaa041293:

Look at the outer covers of the three books. Isn't that Xiangliu's classic line? how could I not misunderstand that this is just about yaoliu.

What line is that? I too believe that romance wise, the whole novel is only  about yaoliu and their impossible and tragic love.  I am not sure why people believe that the second volume, love you forever, is related to jing. I am reading the 2013 chinese version of novel, and google translator translates the volumes to like first meeting, telling the heart and longing for no end. 

blabla100:

What line is that? I too believe that romance wise, the whole novel is only  about yaoliu and their impossible and tragic love.  I am not sure why people believe that the second volume, love you forever, is related to jing. I am reading the 2013 chinese version of novel, and google translator translates the volumes to like first meeting, telling the heart and longing for no end. 

I use Google Lens, sorry if the translation isn't quite right

Tonghua's "Mountain Classic Travel" Chapter ~ 20192

You have the power to protect yourself, you have people you can rely on, and you have a place to go. May you be happy and worry-free for the rest of your life!

A book called "Sauvignon Blanc", written about all the feelings

blabla100:
What line is that?

I don't know what it looks like in Mandarin, but it's probably WXL's classic line or XL's response to that line, from the epilogue.   "I cannot protect myself, have no one to depend on and no where to go."

EDIT --- too much time looking for the exact quote.  lol

liddi:
Very well spotted! I didn't notice the gourd-shaped lake until you mentioned it.

Thankfully my swiss cheese memory held onto that description. ;p

Thank you for translating and labeling the maps.  They are very helpful.  Especially since I had Qing Shui town completely on the wrong side of the land, in the west, for some reason.

I'm still wondering about that lake scene near Jade Mountain, but I'll look it up in the book.

windiaaa041293:

This is from the 2019 revised edition. The book set sleeve says the following:

何谓相思?思而不得,最相思。
What is lovesickness? A yearning that can never be realised, is the greatest yearning.

有力自保,有人相依、有处可去。 愿你一世安乐无忧!
The ability to protect yourself, having someone to rely on, having a place to go. Wishing you a lifetime of carefree peace and happiness!

The book sleeve for the 2023 edition does not have Xiang Liu's final blessings. What it does have is just:

思而不得,最相思!
A yearning that can never be realised, is the greatest yearning!