Chapter 16 Part 1. discussion: A

Thanks @Wynny for the Thai translation.  Here is the link to the Chinese novel which matched 100%.

https://luoxiadushu.com/changxiangsi/67947.htm

http://m.xsbiquge.la/book/36337/19812275.html

translation are matching using any translation tool

the title is : 第十六章 思君恨君君不知 is the same as the Thai one.  

in blue is are my comment

- "'Since the time they separated at Ying Zhou Island until now, from winter to summer, over half a year has passed, Jing had only contacted Xiao Yao once.Yet, it was to express his gratitude for the hospitality of Su Mansion. Among the gifts Jing sent to Zhuan Xu, there were nine bottles of plum wine. Although Zhuan Xu didn't know which item Jing intended to give to Xiao Yao, he could guess that all these gifts were just definitely not for him. After receiving the gifts, he called Xiao Yao over and said, "I don't understand the riddle behind them. Go and choose it yourself."Xiao Yao picked out the nine bottles of plum wine. They were white jade bottles painted with a plum blossom branch in light red. In fact, they were just ordinary white jade bottles with a plum blossom pattern. However, Xiao Yao felt a warm and fresh sensation run through the center of her forehead.
The nine bottles of wine followed Xiao Yao from the Ming Ze Residence Palace on the Wushen Mountain(Five Gods Mountain) to the Chao Yun Peak in Xuan Yuan. Xiao Yao enjoyed drinking this plum wine and finished the first seven bottles, but felt regretful when there's only left the last one and would not drink it at all. Instead, she kept it all along and kept the eight emptied bottles well."

We see that  Jing has only contact Xy once since the chapter 14. over 1/2 a year has passed.   LOL Jing really? One would have thought that he would have. I love  how Jing is still using ZX  to get to Xiao Yao in  a very polite way , but ZX is no longer fooled.   As we saw in chapter 12,  the wine is made by Jing and it is the one that XY likes.   The gift shows how much Jing is thinking of XY.  All the bottles are painted with plum blossom.   This simple gesture  has en effect on XY. She  feels  as if there was a little warmth in her forehead.  Her forehead has the blossom design  remember.  This is  a connection that  is establishing between them.  Last time we saw Jing lips landing on her blossom mark in chapter 14.    XY has been really enjoying the gifts she received from Jin. She only has 1 bottle left but does not want to drink it. She wants to keep and and she also kept the 8 empty bottles.

- "She wanted to drink the last bottle of wine very much, but she planned to wait for the sending new wine first and then drink it.
In the quiet late night with no one around, Xiao Yao would lie on the bed and play with the bottles of wine.The three-inch-high wine bottle rested in the middle of her palm, held gently. Sometimes Xiao Yao would smile, and sometimes she would feel sorry for herself."

The underlined  part show that she is doing  late in the middle of the night instead of sleeping. Jing is keeping her awake late at nigh.  Not 1  but many nights as she is waiting for  new from Jing and his  next gift. XY is happy and sad.  This is understandable as she is happy to receive gift from the one  she longs for . It shows that Jing  has not forgotten about her  and that he cares about her,  but  She also does not like having to wait   as days and night go by, hence the sadness.   XY does not like to wait.  She has promised herself never to do this again,  but here, she again find herself in the position of  waiting for news from Jing. Waiting for his next gift.

- "She had been waiting for half a year, but there was still no news from Jing. One evening, she lay on the bed again, playing with nine jade bottles. She flipped and twirled the bottles. The nine jade bottles lay on a white handkerchief. Nine peach blossoms bloomed brilliantly. Suddenly, Xiaoyao thought of Yusan (Jade Mountain). She had waited for her mother there for seventy years, but in the end, she waited for nothing. In this life, she did not want to wait for anyone anymore.
 Xiao Yao opened the last bottle of plum wine. She did not drink it one or two sips at a time like usual, but drank it all at once. The wine bottle was only three inches high, and Xiaoyao finished it in an instant. She put away all nine wine bottles and did not take them out to play with them again.
Xiao Yao began to spend more time concocting poisons. In the middle of the night when she could not sleep, she would lay out the poisons on the bed, pondering how she could make the poisons to look even more attractive. What she hoped for was to make them more visually appealing, but not more toxic.
In her mind, she had the "Sheng Nong's Herbal Classic" that Yandi(Flame Emperor), the patriarch of medicine who was revered by all under heaven, had left behind. The medical books of both Gao Xing and Xuan Yuan, which had been carefully preserved, were all open to her. Xiao Yao had never doubted the potency of the poisons she made. When she saw the guppy flowers, she pondered over them for many days. Then she spent many consecutive days and nights to make a small, looking like fresh guppy flowes. The colors were lively and the fragrance was refreshing. When she saw the setting sun, she made some dazzling golden toxic powder. It was as if she had captured the radiant glow of the sunset by the horizon.
This poison was her idea. It was a reflection of her momentary emotion. She created them, watched them blossom in her hands, and then packed them with care before sending them out.Xiao Yao wondered about Xiang Liu's reaction when he received the poisons. Would he curse her as perverse?"

XY has again been waiting for 1/2 a year and still nothing from Jing since the last gift.  She has even laid the bottles in a white hankershift . This shows how much she cares and cherish those bottles which in a way represent Jing.    The waiting  suddenly brings back bad memories  to XY.  She remembers the long years of waiting and the promise from her mother that in the end led to nothing. Her mother did not come from her. XY, in that state of mind : feeling  neglected by Jing , feeling forgotten by him, being the one doing the waiting eagerly for again 1/2 year,  is doing it no more.  Therefore , she drinks the last bottle in 1 go. No more savouring it, no more enjoying it.  XY has been kept awake at night looking at the bottles and playing with them. She does not play with the bottles any more, No more cherishing them.  

Now of course she cannot sleep anymore easily as she used to play with those bottles late at night  so she  occupies her mind  and time with making poison .  The poison making is now providing her with an escape. It is occupying her time day till late at night.  She is making beautiful poison.  They reflect her momentary mood  of distracting herself fully by  making beautiful poison for Xiang Liu  to eat. Her creativity is influenced by her feelings  of longing for Jing.  The text again is emphasising that  what Xy used to do with the 9 bottle at night for 1/2 year, she is now doing this with the poisons.  She contemplate them play with them.  the underline part reflect XY mood with symbolism someone's associated to Jing. - the sun, Jing is still in her thoughts.

Xiao Yao is playing with her poison , making them beautiful die tom. her loving feelings towards Jing.  her heart is guiding her. 

Now I want to discuss something that the novel has been emphasising  in previous chapters here. I will bring those 2  and in this chapter 16 and this is always never brought up by :

chapter 4

'Seventeen is silent.
Xiao Liu sighed, "If you really can't fight, come back and continue to help me grow medicine. Anyway, you won't starve to death."

chapter 2

'When Xiao Liu entered the medical profession, he took a wrong path from the beginning. The purpose was to kill people, not save them.

Xiang Liu took his poison as a jelly bean, and after letting him reflect, he decided to sink his mind and study how to harm people, and continue to move forward on the wrong path with the goal of poisoning the devil sooner or later!"

chapter 16

Xiao Yao began to spend more time concocting poisons. In the middle of the night when she could not sleep, she would lay out the poisons on the bed, pondering how she could make the poisons to look even more attractive. What she hoped for was to make them more visually appealing, but not more toxic.
In her mind, she had the "Sheng Nong's Herbal Classic" that Yandi(Flame Emperor), the patriarch of medicine who was revered by all under heaven, had left behind. The medical books of both Gao Xing and Xuan Yuan, which had been carefully preserved, were all open to her. Xiao Yao had never doubted the potency of the poisons she made.

WXL and Jing spend their time in making medicine. They spend their time making medicine to save lives.

WXL with XL move from the correct path of making medicine to again  walk  on the wrong path  she used to before : making poison to kill.  Yes she wanted to kill XL when she was WXL but from  chapter 4 this has changed. She is no longer making it to kill him, but  XY knows that  those poisons she is making are not used to heal XL since her blood does this to him.

Here in chapter 16, it is emphasised that XY is perverting the  medical knowledge that she has gained from   the Flame emperor aka The patriarch of Medicine,  the medical books form Gao Xing and Xuan Yuan to make poison rather than to create medicine.  

Xiao Yoa is affected by her longing for Jing hence she is unconsciously making  the beauty she see  into them = lots of symbolism related to Jing

Why  does XL need  her to make poisons for him -XL- to consume?  XY has  NEVER  once asked him this simple question. Never.   The answer to this question is found in chapter  4:

""Believe it or not, I really don't hate you, and I don't want to kill you at all, because I'm lonely. At that time, I had a strange disease. I hid in the deep mountains and didn't see anyone for several years. The flower monkey and I had been wanting to escape. If we couldn't escape, we wanted to hit the rock wall and kill ourselves. Later, I met a snake . It wanted to eat me so much that it almost bit off one of my legs, but it could understand me and react to my every move. I knew it was very dangerous, but I still couldn't help running to it from time to time, which made it crazy... With it, the days in the mountains will no longer be lonely. Xiao Liu cooed and said, "After a long time, he found that I was becoming more and more cunning. He couldn't eat me and wanted to leave. He didn't leave. He chased me behind my buttocks and wanted to kill me."

The underline part show the parallel between XL and the snake from her past.  and also answer the question I asked myself.   XY never asked XL about the poison because she is lonely.  Xl provides her an escape from that boredom or from the pain , frustration  she  gets from Jing  and his engagement  We say this nearly chapters.

We will see by the end of the story that The poisons XY made  were used to   KILL.

XY is aware that she is indeed perverting  the medical knowledge and trying to make poison look beautiful indeed of course XL would appreciate it since he will eat them and maybe call her pervert  due to the feeling she had when making them.

We can say that XY has been missing Jing and hating him since he is not keeping in touch as much as she would have liked. She feels abandoned by him, neglected.  She has spent 1/2 year waiting , and then received the bottles and then again 1/2 year waiting for new bottles.  she is hating him and he does not know it.  This  momentary hate and the feeling she is deep down has for him,  have  made her find ways to craft  beautiful poisons.

Here we see the negative effect  XY blinded herself  from by never asking XL why he needed her poisons

Chap 46 :

" Xiao Yao hurriedly fed Fenglong a pill: "The arrow is poisonous."
Zhuanxu said, "Help Fenglong detoxify quickly."
Fenglong looked at Xiaoyao eagerly. Xiaoyao's medical skills may not be the first in the world, but the poison skills are absolutely the first in the world.
Xiaoyao's hands and feet were cold, and his voice couldn't help trembling: "Xiang Liu came to assassinate this time with a must-kill heart. He used his own blood as poison."
"His blood?"
"Xiang Liu has been taking all kinds of poisons for a long time. There is no poison in the world that can poison him. His blood is the most poisonous in the world."
Zhuanxu's heart sank and his face turned blue.
Feng Longqiang asked Xiaoyao with a smile, "Is it the poison that you can't solve?"
For more than a hundred years, she has tried her best to poison Xiangliu and gave all kinds of strange poisons to Xiangliu. If she could solve it, she would have poisoned Xiangliu. Xiao Yao's face turned pale and his lips trembled: "I... I... I... do my best!" She claims that her medical skills are superb, and her blocking skills are the best in the world, but it turns out that one day, she will watch her relatives and friends die.
Xiaoyao was preparing the antidote, and another wave of pain hit, and the body below Fenglong's chest became dark.
The speed of this poison, even the time to make the antidote was not given at all. Xiangliu was really stubborn and spicy, and Xiaoyao's tears fell: "I'm useless! I'm so useless!"
Zhuanxu thought that Fenglong was fine, but now Fenglong saved him by life... Zhuanxu didn't know what to say, so he could only say painfully, "I'm sorry! Fenglong, I'm sorry!"

XY became  indirectly complicit in the horrible death of Feng Long her friend. She has been for more 100 years helping XL to make his blood a fearful poison.  He medical skills were useless against it since she did not spend time perfecting them th way she perfected poison making them extremely potent.

XL   though her friend, did bite 

Chapter  16 Discussion B

-" Xiao Yao packed the poisons she had prepared at the dock into a sealed jade box and went to the shipping agency run by the Tushen family. She handed the box to them.
"How much will it cost to ship this to the brothel in Xihai street of Qing Shui County?" she asked.
The shopkeeper said, "If the place you're referring to is Qing Shui County, then that's located at the very eastern edge of Xuanyuan country, almost at the ocean already."
Xiao Yao said, "That's exactly why I came all the way to the Tushen family's shipping agency. If I were to entrust this for delivery to others, the price would definitely be cheaper, but I wouldn't be at ease."
The shopkeeper laughed and said, "You've come to the right place."The shopkeeper gave her a price, and Xiaoyao didn't bargain. She paid the money right away.It wasn't money she had earned herself anyway, so there was no reason to be stingy.This was the method Xiaoyao had come up with to deal with Xiang Liu. All under heaven, there were shipping agencies of the Tushen family everywhere. As long as Xiaoyao had the money, she could send anything to Qing Shui County.

Every three or four months, Xiaoyao would send poison to Xiang Liu. .............................................
Xiao Yao walked out of the transport station and saw Fang Feng Bei. She couldn't help but try to test his reaction with the voodoo bug, but there was still no response.
 Fang Feng Bei approached with a smile, saying, "Are you here to deliver goods?" Xiao Yao looked at him, so he asked, "You should still remember me, right?"
 Xiao Yao walked away, "You'd better not get close to me. When I see you, I feel like poisoning you."
Fang Feng Bei followed her, "Did that friend of yours make you hate him so much?" Did Xiang Liu make her hate him? Of course not. It was him who made her feel disgust.
Xiao Yao asked, "Why are you following me?" When they met in the garden that day, he probably didn't know who she was. But by now, he should know her status. "I'm bored and have nothing to do. You also seem bored. Being bored together is better than being bored alone."
That night, that feeling of being pressured by death at the point of his arrow. Xiao Yao still remembered it as if it had just happened. So she said sarcastically, "Why are you in Xuan Yuan City? You can't be here to make yourself feel bored, right?"

Chinese  text using google translate

"Xiaoyao walked out of the carriage house and saw Fangfeng Bei again. She couldn't help but try to use the Gu insect to sense it again, but there was still no response.
Fangfeng Bei walked over with a smile, "Want to deliver something?"
Xiaoyao looked at him and he asked, "You still know me, right?"
Xiaoyao left: "You'd better not get close to me, I want to poison you as soon as I see you."
Fangfeng Bei followed her, "Is your friend so annoying to you?"
Does Xiang Liu offend her? Of course not, but he was more annoying to her.
Xiaoyao asked, "Why are you following me?" When they met in the garden that day, he probably didn't know who she was, but now, he probably knew her identity.
"I'm bored, and I think you're bored too. It's better for two people to be bored than for one person to be bored."

XY is using the Tushan shipping  company but she could have used cheaper ones but refused . her excuses is lame to be honest .    We see her meeting FFB and she  tries to see if she can uses the voodoo bug to  get the confirmation that he is XL.  Deep down she knows it is him even if she is not 100% sure.  Again XY does not realise that she is not in control of  the bug so the attempt at trying to sense it is waste of time.  XY is not using her head at all.

She  wants to poison FFB just like she wanted to poison XL. This shows us that there is a parallel  between FFB and XL.  XL is a great demon  and he controls the bug and poisons. XY wants to poison him because he has pointed his arrow at ZX and she has not forgotten this.   But she still talk to him rather than ignoring and going by her business.    Agin there is a parallel with the snake of her childhood.  XY knows FFB its dangerous ZX but she is  not avoiding him.

We see FFB  telling her why he is seeking her:  He is BORED and he knows she is bored as well. Better be bored together than alone . We know that 2 people cannot be bored together. They will sure find something to go  when together.

This again  show a parallel with Xl who was seeking WXl company  because he was bored. We saw him inviting himself to wedding in chapter 4.  As  reader We know know that  FFB is XL.

Under XL identity, he cannot seek her out now so what better way to do the same and enjoy her company  than to present himself as FFB to her which he did in chapter 15.  He has the bug and can use it to go where she is.   It is not the 1rst time that XL has used the bug to track WXL, XL. lets be honest XL  is STALKING her as FFB. in chapter 15 and 16 thanks to him having the bug.

Xioa Yao and  Jing

"Xiao Yao didn't know how she should feel. She had been learning archery from Fang Feng Bei for sixteen months. Given the influence of the Tushan clan and with Fang Feng Bei and her status, Jing must have heard rumors about her and Fang Feng Bei already. Or perhaps, it could be said that when she had first not understood Fang Feng Bei's womanizing nature, she hadn't believed that he would actually teach her archery, and she hadn't wanted to learn from him either.
 Xiao Yao hadn't rejected Fang Feng Bei's advances, it was only because she knew that the news of her close association with him would definitely spread to every major clans. Jing must have heard this news too, and that was what Xiao Yao had intended. Xiao Yao didn't understand why she was thinking this way, but she was too confused to think about it. Since doing this made her feel happy, she continued to do it.
 Xiao Yao discovered that she had misunderstood Fang Feng Bei. Fang Feng Bei had actually taught her archery, and she herself had begun learning seriously. Slowly, her initial goal became unimportant, but Xiao Yao was still waiting,  waiting for a reaction from Jing. But after sixteen months, she had truly given up waiting. She simply felt that she was ridiculous. Fortunately, Fang Feng Bei had exceeded her expectations. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been only simply ridiculous, but also sad. But just when she had forgotten about it, he suddenly appeared again, and he even brought his fiancee!"

Here XY  has been waiting for Jing to react to  the news of her and Ffb.  She had accepted Feb advanced because she wanted to get a reaction from Jing, but since he did not she has moved on.  She has no longer been waiting for him since 16 months had passed.  She has really been enjoying  her time with FFB, learning archery and having fun with him during their PLAY time.  She thought FFB would seduce her but he did not to her surprise he was serious as her teacher.   Fate had other plan. Xioa Yao meet Jing with his fiancé FFYY. 

" "Let's go!" Fang Feng Bei called to Xiao Yao. Xiao Yao followed him without hesitation. From the beginning to the end, she didn't even glance at Jing. Jing silently gazed at her silhouette. Yi Yang was stunned watching her brother, and then sighed. "I heard that for the past year, he has been very close and intimate with Gao Xing Princess. I even thought that he had finally found someone who could stir his heart and that he might restrain himself. I never expected that he would still be like this."
Jing didn't say anything. He silently boarded his carriage, closing both of his eyes. The scene of Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei' four eyes met together appeared. There was an indescribable delicate atmosphere between the two."

Jing is realising that there is a closeness between Xy and Ffb indeed.  

"Xiao Yao seemed to faintly hear Fang Feng Bei  muttering something. Xiao Yao waved as to tell him not to disturb her since she was yet to sleep enough. Unlike Fang Feng Bei and others, Xiao Yao’s body was weak. She had been practicing archery since morning which had caused great fatigue. If she did not rest for a while, she would not be able to do anything in the afternoon. She slumbered for quite a while and in the middle of her sleep, she heard Fang Feng Bei having conversation with someone.
Xiao Yao thought that Zhuan Xu had returned so she didn’t bother to pay attention and continued sleeping with her forehead covered by her fists. “I heard Xiao Yao say that His Highness, the prince had just meal, so that he went back. If you have urgent matters, why don’t you send someone to anxiously report word to Xuan Yuan Mountain?”
“I have already sent someone to Xuan Yuan .”
Xiao Yao was shocked and immediately opened her eyes. If that hoarse nonchalant voice was not that of Jing, who else could it be? It was strange. Whenever she heard him speak with others, he didn’t seem like the Jing she knew. When having conversation with others, he could even appear calm and indifferent while lying through his teeth, but whenever he spoke to her, she always felt that he was slightly awkward and uncoordinated.
 “Are you very close with His Highness?” Fang Feng Bei attempted to sound him out. “His Highness has a warm and friendly personality and treats everyone with friendliness.” Jing replied without loophole. Xiao Yao sat up, the two people outside the gauze tent immediately stopped chatting. Xiao Yao walked in front of the mirror and tidied her hair a bit. Fang Feng Bei spoke, “Xiao Yao, just now, the servant girl came to report saying that Master of Qing Qiu, Tushan Jing came seeking a meeting with His Highness, the Prince. Since you were still sleeping, I arbitrarily asked the servant girl to invite him in.”

Xiao Yao rolled up the curtain and walked out, smiling and saying, "It's good that you acted according to the situatiom, otherwise I would have been impolite to my brother's friend." Xiao Yao pretended not to have heard their conversation just now, and said respectfully to Jing, "My brother is in Chao Yun Peak. I'll send someone to invite him back immediately. If young master is not in a hurry, please wait here. If you have something urgent, you can go back first. I'll have my brother go to you."
 After saying that, Xiao Yao really called the maid in and ordered her to send someone to Xuan Yuan Mountain immediately. Xiao Yao bowed to Jing slightly and said, "Fang Feng Bei and I still have something to do, so we can't stay with you anymore." Xiaoyao left the room with Fang Feng Bei, Xiao Yao asked Fang Feng Bei, "Where are we going next?" Fang Feng Bei smiled and said, "Where do you want to go, we'll go there."
Xiao Yao felt that there were always eyes staring at her from behind, so heavy and pressuring that she could barely walk, but she would rather resist, pretending to walk with a light step, talking and laughing happily. When she arrived at the door, Xiao Yao suddenly remembered that she had promised Zhuan Xu in the morning, so she stopped. Just now, she didn't know why, she only thought about resisting Jing.
 Fang Feng Bei looked at her and asked, "What's the matter?"
 Xiao Yao said, "I suddenly remembered that my brother asked me to do something. I can't go out with you today. Can I make it up to you next time?"

In the living room in the garden, a gentle breeze was blowing. The curtains fluttered slightly and the room was peaceful and quiet. Jing sat silently on one side without moving, seemingly lost in thought. “He is Tushan Jing now,” Xiao Yao told herself, “not the unlovable and unwanted Ye Shiqi.” Xiao Yao walked over with a smile and sat down opposite Tushan Jing. “Would you like to have some tea? I’ll ask the maid to make you a cup.”
 “No, thank you,” Jing said hoarsely..........................................

Suddenly, Xiao Yao felt depressed, like she was throwing a tantrum at the clouds. No matter how much effort she put in, the other wouldn't feel for her at all. Jing handed a small box to Xiao Yao. Xiao Yao opened it and found a silver necklace inside. On the necklace was a purple gemstone hanging, clear and shiny, sparkling brilliantly.Xiao Yao thought for a moment and asked uncertainly, "This is fish purple crystal?"
"In fact, I wanted to find a red gem for you, but although this item is not considered a precious object, it is something that must be encountered by fate. I could only find this purple gem. I initially thought about what shape to carve it into, but when I thought again about the reason you wanted this item, it must be to play with it in the water. Therefore, no matter what shape it is, it can't compare to a round, smooth crystal that is comfortable to hold in your mouth. If you want it to be a certain shape, I can help you carve it."
Xiao Yao asked, "It's not easy to find this item, is it?"
"It's not difficult."
Xiao Yao said, "Not difficult? Even the Tushan, who were rich enough to buy a kingdom, could only find one purple gem. Hence forth, if you want to give something to a young lady, you must describe the difficulty as three-fifths of the truth, and describe the difficulty as fifty percent of the truth, so that they will see that you are sincere."
Jing was silent.
Xiao Yao played with the purple crystal in her hand, "Is this item ready to be used?"
"It's ready."
"By holding this gem in my mouth, will I be able to breathe freely in the water?"
"Yes, I've tested it."
Xiao Yao was about to pick up crystal and put it into her mouth, but when she heard this, she hurriedly put the crystal away. When she held it in her hand, she felt that the bead was scalding hot. Jing was a little nervous, but he was afraid that Xiao Yao would have fun and cause trouble, so he urged in a low voice, "The longest time I swam in the water was one day and two nights, but I have supernatural powers. For safety, it's best for you not to stay for more than ten hours."
Xiao Yao accepted with the low voice. Jing liked to stay still and didn't like to move. In order to test the crystal, he even swam in the water for one day and two nights.Suddenly, Xiao Yao fell on the table and buried her face in her arms.Jing was so shocked that he exclaimed, "Xiao Yao, Xiao Yao, what's wrong with you?"
"I'm not unwell, I'm just a little angry with you." Every time when she just became strong-minded, he always had a way to make her soften her heart. Was it because she took him home and saved him that she couldn't harden her heart towards him?
"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have appeared!"  Jing didn't know anything at all about Xiao Yao's complicated thoughts. He only knew that Xiao Yao was very unhappy now, but just now she was very happy when she was with Fang Feng Bei.
Xiao Yao was so angry that she threw the bead in her hand at him, "You're such a fool. I really don't understand why those people think you are smart."
Jing didn't dare to dodge. He just sat still and didn't move. Xiao Yao began to be scare that the crysral would be damaged by her, so she asked, "What about the crystal?"
Jing hurriedly helped her look for it and handed the crystal that rolled on the floor back to Xiao Yao."It's not easy to break."

Xiao Yao glared at him while playing with the crystal and said resentfully, "Why did you bring... to Xuan Yuan City? Are you still thinking about canceling the marriage? If not, tell me before hand, so that I don't have to wait and keep the promise with you! "
Jing said anxiously, "Of course I want to cancel it! I told my grandmother that I don't want to marry Fang Feng Ying!"
Xiao Yao lowered her head, obviously waiting for him to continue speaking.
Jing said, "Yi Yang has stayed with my grandmother's side for many years, and she is deeply attached to grandmother. My grandmother disagreed with canceling the marriage, but agreed to postpone it for the time being. This time, Yi Yang asked me to come to Xuan Yuan City with us. I didn't want to bring her, but my grandmother said that our Tushan family owes her, and asked me to take care of her like my younger sister."
Xiao Yao played with the crystal and thought quietly
Jing said, "Xiao Yao, my grandmother has always loved and cared for me, so I must persuade my grandmother to agree."
Xiao Yao said, "I accept this fish purple crystal!"
Xiao Yao put the necklace around her neck, slightly lifted the collar, and put the crystal into it and attached it to her body.
Jing saw it all and his heart pounding, and he quickly lowered his head.
Xiao Yao said, "I'm practicing archery now, and Fang Feng Bei is willing to teach me, therefore quite friendly and closed to each other."
At that moment, Jing's heart was filled with joy, and he smiled gently and said, "No need to explain, I am not qualified to ask you to explain now. A moment ago, you came back, it is enough."

Xioa Yao tried to be indifferent to Jing presence. We see her dismissing him and leave with FFB  but the remembers what ZX  has asked of her and she cancels her play time with FFB to entertain Jing.   XY try to convince herself that this man is not her YSQ.  All this fail as we see how their interaction progresses.  Jing has brought a present for Xiao Yao and  she accepted it after he has explained that he  was not willing to bring FFYY with him and that she imposed herself  with help from his grandmother but he still intend on cancelling the engagement. Xiao Yao verbally  voice her acceptance of his gift and placed it around her neck close to her body.  Again this a an intimate gesture and it made Jing heart  beat more. Xiao confess to Jing  her reason for seeing FFB  and that they share a closeness. This confession again makes Jing  happy. Xiao Yao is hiding nothing from him. 

PART C

“Do you still remember that you promised me not to hurt Xuan?” Xiao Yao asked.
“I do.”
“I don’t know what my brother is planning to do, but if he doesn’t hurt the Tushan family, can you try to help him a little?”
“If it’s just this request, you don’t have to say it. The reason why Feng Long and I came here this time is to discuss something with the Zhuan Xu,” Jing softly said.
“If there was nothing to discuss, would you not have come?” Xiao Yao bit her lip and frowned. Jing’s heart twitched violently.
He said with slight hesitation,“Feng Long actually wanted me to wait and come with him, but I… couldn’t wait and came early.”
“Is this considered early? I’ve been in Xuan Yuan City for twenty months.”
Jing carefully reflected on Xiao Yao’s words. He felt that the meaning in her words probably meant that he came too late, but he didn’t quite believe that Xiao Yao really meant it. He could only think of the meaning of the words one by one. To the point where he wanted Xiao Yao to say it again so that he could figure it out from her tone.
When Xiao Yao saw Jing being quiet not responding, she sighed and stood up to leave. Jing grabbed her and asked with hesitation, “Xiao Yao, do you… do you… do you… want to see me?”Xiao Yao looked up at him and he said uncomfortably, “I know I’m a bit foolish. If I misunderstand, please… please don’t get angry.”
Xiao Yao seemed to see Ye Shiqi from Hui Chun Tang and cheered up again. She immediately softened and asked gently, “Do you want to see me?”

Jing nodded vigorously once, because he had missed her so much that it had penetrated to his bones. Therefore, after he had thought about it over and over again, he came up with an idea. He started by persuading Feng Long to agree. Now he was dragging Feng Long and Xing Yue to travel thousands of miles to the Xuan Yuan City to persuade Zhuan Xu.
Xiao Yao asked with dissatisfaction, “Then why didn't you come?”
“I have something to do.”
Xiao Yao sighed and said, “Are you so sure that I won't let another man into my heart?”Jing shook his head once. He wasn't sure. Because he didn't have any confidence at all, that he had thought up a method that could almost be considered as a method to solve the problem from the root cause.
Xiao Yao was at her wit's end. “You...are so stupid!”
Jing's face fell. Comparing to Fang Feng Bei, who was open, flirtatious, and free to come and go, he really was a bit dull.

We see Xiao trying to understand why Jing did not come to see her sooner, if she is important to him or not.  Xiao has known that the reason she was there was because her cousin asked her for a favour. and she deals with it  in her own way as she does not want her relationship  with Jing to be one based on " use and be  used".

Jing explained why he did not come sooner while trying hard to understand Xiao Yao  in order to not upset her.   For some reason Jing is surprised that Xiao Yao want to see him.   I like how Jing is not confident and does not act all knowledgable  regarding love. Both him and Xiao Yao are new into following their feeling of longing for each other. Xiao Is the one asking all the questions in order to understand why Jing did not come earlier, did not seem  eager like her. We see from the extract that this is further from the truth. Jing had indeed been eager to see Xiao Yao and had put a plan  in place. 

"Mount Sheng Nong? Isn't that near Qing Qiu? Xiao Yao looked at Jing instinctively. Jing looked at her with excitement. Xiao Yao asked Zhuan Xu in confusion, "Why do I have to go to Mount Sheng Nong? What do you want me to do?"
"I have to go to Mount Shennong too."
"What? Didn't you say you wanted  Xuan Yuan mountain?" Xiao Yao actually became more clear-minded. She stared at Zhuan Xu with her eyes wide open."The plan has changed."
"Oh!" Xiaoyao was very puzzled. She could only guess that Zhuan Xu and Feng Long must have reached some kind of agreement. "I have no problem with going to Sheng Nong Mountain. Let's go to Sheng Nong Mountain!"

Part E

Xiao Yao did not speak, so Jing asked uneasily, "Xiao Yao, don't you want to go to the Zhong Yuan (Central Plains)?"
Xiao Yao shook her head.
 "No."
When she was wandering around, she was quite suspicious of  Xun Di and Huang Di, so she mostly lived in Zhong Yuan( Central Plains), making her feel quite attached to the Zhong Yuan (Central Plains).
Xiao Yao looked down and whispered, "You sent me nine bottles of plum wine."
"Um."
"Then there was no more news."
Jing thought over Xiao Yao's words again and again before saying cautiously, "Do you mean why I didn't send you any more news?"
"Um."
Jing thought for a while and then said, "Firstly, the things that Feng Long helped me deliver were all ransacked. Someone by my side has a indifferent mind. Before I find out who it is, I must be very careful. Secondly, my status and the Zhuan Xu are both special. It's not convenient to communicate each other frequently. The Tushan family has a family rule. Because I sent a  gift to Zhuan Xu, I was severely reprimanded by my grandmother. Thirdly, the last time I saw you, you blamed me for constantly trying to find ways to remind you to keep promise, so I tried to restrain myself from making you feel too annoyed."

The first two reasons can still be considered reasonable, but the third one... Xiao Yao was so angry that she fell over the table. She put her arms around her head.

“Xiao Yao.”
“Don’t talk to me. I don’t want to talk to you now!”
Jing actually did not dare to make a sound, but Xiao Yao was a person who liked to talk. She held back for a while, but she could not hold back any longer and asked, “When are you leaving tomorrow?”
“Early in the morning.”
Accompany me tonight!”

Jing’s frown loosened. He was extremely happy and nodded.
“Aren’t you afraid of being seen by others?”
“The fox doll has long gone back.”

Xiaoyao sighed and said, “I really don’t know whether you are smart or foolish.”
Jing did not speak. Xiao Yao opened the door and looked. Seeing that there was no one around, she beckoned to Jing and quietly pulled him into her room. She entered the room, closed the door, and then felt at ease.
“When I am not on Chao Yun Peak, I will come here.”
Xiao Yao let Jing sit down and tilted her head to look at him.
What shall we play?”
“Anything.”

Xiao Yao looked around the room. Guzheng, chess, books, paintings…there was really nothing at all. Xiao Yao did not know what to do with herself. Inside the chest were several bottles of concentrated poison. There were peach blossom red, indigo, and magenta. There was almost every color. Xiao Yao took out all those bottles and jars, placed them in front of Jing, and then laid a piece of her own 4 pieces of handkerchiefs on the table.
Xiao Yao took out a small brush that she herself took the time to prepare poison, and give it to him.
“Help me draw some pictures!”

“What picture do you want?”

"Um, lotus, please."

Jing dipped in the dark green liquid, drawing a lotus leaf, Xiao Yao said, “Be careful, this is the liquid extracted from the Silk Tree, it is very poisonous! Nan Jiang people call it the Blood Throat Seal.”

Jing didn't care. Just draw whatever you're drawing. Xiao Yao sat beside him, watching  while drew a picture.

“What else do you want?”

“Butterfly, last time I thought of making a poison in the shape of a butterfly. But I paint very badly. When I did it, it turned out to be a bit ugly.”

Jing heard that she was going to use it to make poison. So he thought it must not be too big, so he drew it a little smaller, drew each one in detail. until there were more than ten.

Xiao Yao collapsed on the table and stare intently.

Jing saw that she was sleepy and said, “If you want anything, just tell me. I'll keep drawing myself. If you're sleepy, go to sleep."

Xiao Yao shook her head.

Jing finished drawing a butterfly. Xiao Yao suddenly said: “The remaining two pieces are for you to decide.”

Jing lifted brush up and drew. On one, he painted a picture of rocks by the sea. On the other,  he painted the picture of a peach blossom, no green leaf branches visible. beautiful peach blossoms were seen, one after another. It was like the pale red peach blossom in the middle of Xiao Yao's forehead had flied out and then got imprinted on the pure white handkerchief!”

Xiao Yao's face was red.You did it again! As if you are afraid another person will forget"

The truth was, Jing didn't think much of it. He just draw out the picture in his mind.

When Xiao Yao said that, he felt shy and anxious, and his hand shook. The brush fell to the ground and a drop of red liquid splattered on the back of his hand.
"I, I didn't have that in mind," he said.
Xiao Yao lowered her head and narrowed her eyes. She said softly, "I'm not stopping you to not having that in mind ."
Jing's eyes lit up as he looked at Xiao Yao. He immediately threw himself at her, pressing her down. His lips landed on the corner of her mouth. Jing barely had time to savor the taste before he was startled. His face turned pale. "No, I don't..."
He tried to sit up, but couldn't. Xiao Yao burst out laughing and flipped Jing over. "I know you don't normally, but you must have been poisoned. Why didn't you listen to me!" Xiao Yao checked his pulse and brought a cup of water. She dissolved a pill in the water, knelt beside Jing and gently lifted his upper body. "Half a cup is enough," she said.
Jing could only drink it bit by bit. His face was expressionless. At that moment, they both looked at each other in a daze. Back in Qing Shui, Xiao Yao had also fed him water like this for almost half a year.
"I clearly told you half a cup."
Xiao Yao quickly withdrew the cup. "If you continue like this, I'll have to give you another pill to remove the poison."
She placed the cup on the table and said to Jing, "You'll be able to move in a little while."
Jing didn't say anything and simply leaned quietly in Xiao Yao's arms. Xiao Yao did not put him down and continued to hold him. After a long time, Xiao Yao asked, "Can you move now yet?"

Jing closed his eyes and did not utter a sound, as if he was unable to move.
Xiao Yao placed a pill on his mouth. Jing moved his lips a bit, allowing the pill to enter his mouth.Xiao Yao said, "Will you not ask what is this?"
Jing did not say anything, so Xiao Yao said to him,
"Didn't you want to find the person who let you down? Take that handkerchief with the lotus drawing back and place it in a place where the person might search. You haven't drawn a picture for a long time. That person should find it strange and look at it carefully, wondering if there is a new message on it. Other people may not be able to figure out the message, but the poison will enter their bodies. There isn't any special medicine in this world that can detox all the poisons. The pill you just took can make you immune to some poisons for half a year. So, you can touch that handkerchief as you wish."
"Will the person die?"
"If you see blood on the throat. If you don't see the blood on throat, it's fine. Even if you see blood, you only need to cut off the lotus flower on the handkerchief and put it on the wound in time. With a good doctor, the person won't die."
 Xiao Yao sighed. "I know you will ask for the antidote. You're too soft-hearted!"
Jing did not say anything. Xiao Yao took off his jade hairpiece, letting the smooth black hair on his head fall down. Her hands went into his hair, combing from the roots to the ends. Her hands felt the soft texture, even softer than silk. Xiao Yao asked, "Is it Jing Ye or Lan Xiang who washed your hair for you now?"
"Neither."
"Do you have any other personal attendants?" Xiao Yao almost wanted to tear his hair out.
"I'm not used to it, so I wash it myself."
Xiao Yao turned from anger to joy, stroking his hair gently. Jing was like a kitten being stroked, looking relaxed and happy. Xiao Yao pursed her lips and smiled for a while, then said to Jing, "Last time at the seaside, you were leaning on the side of the boat, your hair was spread out on your back, I also wanted to stroke it secretly."
The corners of Jing's mouth curved into a smile. He wanted to open his eyes to look at her, but Xiao Yao covered his eyes. "Don't, stay like this."
 If he opened his eyes, she would be embarressed. 
So Jing obediently closed his eyes. Xiao Yao played with his hair happily. She brought his hair to her nose and sniffed. It was still the herbal scent she liked. Xiao Yao murmured to herself, "It's been a long time since I washed your hair. Next time I will wash your hair for you. I will use the leaves of the hibiscus that I picked early in the morning and soak them in water all morning. I will wash it in the afternoon and dry the hair with the remaining sunlight. When smelling it, it will smell both the sunlight and the fragrance of the leaves."
Jing smiled slightly and said, "Good."
Xiao Yao couldn't help yawning, so Jing sat up. "Xiaoyao, you are tired. Take a nap."
Xiao Yao felt the emptiness in her embrace. Jing reached out to push her. "Be good."
Xiao Yao was really very tired. She had no strength to resist. She fell on the bed due to Jing's push and then pulled Jing. "You also lie down. I will stroke your hair."
Jing lay down beside. Xiao Yao's fingers curled his hair and twirled it. "Tomorrow, when I open my eyes, you will be gone, won't you?"
"I will visit you when you arrive in the Zhong Yuan/Central Plains," Xiao Yao whispered."Send me a message. No matter what method you use, don't make me wait too long."
"Got it."
Jing had to mustered his courage to ask softly, "Xiao Yao, is that ...you... do you miss me?"
No one answered him, the entire time.
He then felt gloomy and sad.
After a moment, he could thought of something and called out softly, "Xiao Yao..."
XiaoYao's eyes were tightly shut, and her bright red lips were slightly parted as she slept soundly. Jing couldn't help but let out a secret sigh and smiled faintly.
The next morning, when Xiao Yao woke up, there was a blanket draped over her body. She looked at the table, where the items were all neatly put. There were only three handkerchiefs left. Xiao Yao sat up and was about to reach for the handkerchief when she felt something in her hand. She looked down and saw a lock of hair, which was wrapped softly around her finger. She thought that before Jing left, he didn't want to disturb her, so he had cut off his hair.
Xiaoyao looked at the hair wrapped around her finger in a daze for a moment and then lay down. At this moment, she didn't know where he was anymore, but there was only a lock of hair left to make her heart distracted.

Again Xiao Yao  did not want to go to the Central Plain. We see her again trying to understand why Jing did not bring her more wine bottles.

The highlighted parts show all of Xiao Yao actions towards Jing. They are self explanatory and I will let them do "the talking " . 

Through out this chapter the writer  show and tell us about the blooming relationship between Xiao Yao and Jing.  Xiao Yao is the one wanting  to reestablish what   she was ready to give up on since she did not want to wait any longer. She took the opportunity ZX's  favour presented to her , to get answers to her many questions and doubt.  She asked for his help in the designing  of her poison. she is including him  in her activity.  It is  as if  they are working together  as a team.  Jing is included in the design process.  There  closeness is more intense. in such a short time it has progress to another level  which Xiao Yao initiated:  Xiao Yao took Jing to her room. She held him in her harm for a long time not pushing him away  as she should have  due to property.   She confessed of having wanted to touch his per when they were on the boat trip. She planned in detail  how she would be washing his hair,  just like a wife would be doing.   Though Xiao Yao has expressed to her grandfather that she is trying to control her heart,   she is actually being led by her heart.  Once Jing is with her, we see that her heart is satisfying it's longing for him.

The END 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

CHAPTER 16 and it's related ep.end21/24- GLOBAL ANALYSIS

chapter16:  Missing You, Hating You, You don't know 
Part1:

The waiting:

The chapter begins with Xiao Yao reflecting on her wait for news from Jing, highlighting her sense of longing and frustration over his lack of communication. Her decision to keep the last bottle of plum wine symbolizes her hope and anticipation for Jing's prompt return, but also her growing impatience and disillusionment with waiting.
It is with this state of mind that the renewed Xiao Yao's immersion in poison-making reflects her inner turmoil and - desire for agency in a world where she feels powerless. Her creation of visually appealing but less toxic poisons underscores her desire to exert control over her circumstances, while unconsciously infusing her visuals with Jing 's related elements.

Introduction of Fang Feng Bei and Archery Practice:
Fang Feng Bei adds a new dynamic to the narrative, as he becomes Xiao Yao's unexpected companion and mentor in archery. His apparent playful and carefree nature contrasts with Xiao Yao's stoicism, providing a source of moundain entertainment and distraction for her.
Through learning archery, Xiao Yao gains confidence  and embrace further her own strengths.

Exploration of Xuan Yuan City and Cultural Experiences:

Xiao Yao's exploration of Xuan Yuan City with Fang Feng Bei exposes her to new experiences and cultural traditions, expanding her worldview and challenging her preconceptions. Her interactions with various shops and artisans highlight the richness and diversity of Xuan Yuan's cultural landscape.
The chapter also delves into Xiao Yao's relationships with other characters, such as Zhuan Xu, revealing playful banter and camaraderie that adds depth to their interactions and further develops their bonds.

Foreshadowing and Subtle Intrigue:

Throughout the chapter, there are subtle hints of underlying tensions and mysteries yet to be revealed. Fang Feng Bei's enigmatic nature and occasional disappearances hint at a deeper layer of intrigue surrounding his character, leaving readers curious about his true intentions and motivations.
Xiao Yao's growing closeness with Fang Feng Bei raises questions about the potential ramifications of their relationship and its impact on the broader political landscape of Xuan Yuan City.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 2:

Character Development:

Xiao Yao: We see Xiao Yao's  evolving perception of Fang Feng Bei. Initially skeptical of his intentions, she gradually comes to respect him and sees him as a genuine friend. Her actions, such as showing compassion to the defeated slave, demonstrate her empathy and kindness.
Fang Feng Bei: Fang Feng Bei's character is further fleshed out, revealing his playful nature, but also his capacity for apparent empathy and kindness. His interactions with Xiao Yao, particularly his response to her gesture towards the slave, highlight his depth and complexity.
Tushan Jing and Fang Feng Yi Yang: Their sudden appearance adds a layer of tension to the narrative, hinting at the political and social implications of Xiao Yao's buddying relationship with Fang Feng Bei.It also introduces complex personal and familial dynamics that will undoubtedly shape the course of the story.

Themes:

Friendship: The bond between Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei deepens as they share experiences and support each other.
Identity: Xiao Yao's uncertainty about Fang Feng Bei's true identity reflects themes of ambiguity and self-discovery. Her struggle to reconcile his various facets adds depth to the narrative.
Symbolism:

The Underground Casino: This setting symbolizes the darker aspects of society, where brutality and despair coexist with moments of unexpected kindness. It serves as a backdrop for the characters' moral dilemmas and acts as a catalyst for their personal growth.
Masks: The use of masks in the casino represents the characters' attempts to conceal their true selves or adopt different personas. It reflects the theme of identity and the complexity of human nature.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part3:

Xiao Yao's Actions and Emotions: Xiao Yao's actions reflect her conflicted emotions. She chooses not to wait for Jing's arrival and instead returns to Chao Yun Peak, indicating her impatience and unwillingness to be disappointed. Her decision to practice archery vigorously symbolize her desire to assert control over her own fate and emotions. Despite her attempts to appear strong and independent, her interactions with Huang Di -Yellow Emperor, and her emotional outburst when alone with Jing reveal her vulnerability and need for reassurance.
Huang Di's Advice: Huang Di offers Xiao Yao guidance on choosing a husband and managing her emotions. His words reflect his pragmatism and understanding of human nature, urging Xiao Yao to prioritize her own happiness and choose a partner who will prioritize her as well. This conversation sheds light on Xiao Yao's fears of abandonment and her struggle to trust others.

Interaction with Fang Feng Bei: Xiao Yao's interactions with Fang Feng Bei provide moments of levity and camaraderie amidst her emotional turmoil. Fang Feng Bei's presence offers her a sense of freedom and companionship that she may not find elsewhere. However, their playful banter also serves as a complete contrast to the weightier conversations she has with Jing.

Jing's Feelings and Actions: Jing's feelings for Xiao Yao are evident in his actions and words. Despite his efforts to hide his emotions, his concern for her well-being and his desire to see her are apparent. However, his hesitation and inability to communicate effectively with Xiao Yao highlight his own insecurities .

Xiao Yao's Frustration and Confusion: Xiao Yao's frustration with Jing's actions and her own feelings is palpable throughout the text. She grapples with conflicting emotions, unsure of whom to trust and how to navigate her relationships. Her outburst toward Jing reflects her frustration with his indecisiveness and her own inability to find clarity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 4:

Political Intrigue and Strategic Planning:
Zhuan Xu, Jing, Feng Long, and Xing Yue discuss their plans for the future, focusing on Zhuan Xu's ambitions to claim the throne and expand his territories.
On Jing's advice, Feng Long proposes giving up Xuan Yuan City in favor of Zhong Yuan, a move that would allow Zhuan Xu to command a larger territory and exert greater influence over Da Huang.
This discussion highlights the complex political landscape of the story, where alliances, territories, and power dynamics play crucial roles in shaping the characters' actions and decisions.

Character Dynamics:

Zhuan Xu's willingness to consider Feng Long's proposal demonstrates his pragmatic and ambitious nature. Despite the challenges, he is determined to pursue his goals.
Jing's support for Zhuan Xu and his involvement in the strategic planning showcase his loyalty and strategic acumen. He plays a crucial role in shaping Zhuan Xu's decisions.
Feng Long's admiration for Zhuan Xu and his strategic thinking further adds depth to his character, portraying him as a supportive ally and a shrewd strategist.
Xing Yue's presence adds another dimension to the discussion, as she represents the interests of the Sheng Nong tribe and provides valuable insights into the potential challenges they may face.

Emotional Intimacy and Tenderness:
The interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing in the latter part of this passage in chapter 16- reveals the deep emotional connection between them.
Jing falling ill due to poison and Xiao Yao's tender care for him showcase their mutual concern and affection for each other.
Their intimate moments, such as Xiao Yao stroking Jing's hair and their whispered conversations, highlight the depth of their relationship and the trust they share.
The exchange of the lock of Jing's hair serves as a poignant symbol of their bond and Jing's presence even in his absence, adding a touch of poignancy to their farewell.

Themes of Sacrifice and Devotion:

*** Zhuan Xu's willingness to give up Xuan Yuan City and Jing's unwavering support to him, with FengLong's help,  underscore the theme of sacrifice for a greater  political cause.
***Xiao Yao's selfless care for Jing when he falls ill and Jing's concern for her well-being despite his own condition emphasize the theme of devotion and selflessness in relationships.

Foreshadowing and Plot Development:

The passage sets the stage for future developments in the story, hinting at Zhuan Xu's ambitious plans and the potential challenges and conflicts the characters may face.
Xiao Yao and Jing's tender moments and their expressions of affection foreshadow further developments in their relationship and the impact Jing's departure have on Xiao Yao.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The title:

" Missing You, Hating You, You don't know " encapsulates the emotional weight of revisiting past experiences and memories.

1. Beginning of the Chapter:

• Xiao Yao's introspection at the start of the chapter reveals her inner turmoil and longing for Jing's presence.
  • Her thoughts reflect on the past moments they've shared together, indicating a desire to recapture those feelings and experiences.
  • The frustration she feels over Jing's lack of communication accentuates the pain of being unable to reconnect with the past and maintain their relationship in the present.
  • The title, "Recapturing About The Past Is Really Painful," resonates here as Xiao Yao grapples with the emotional strain of longing for a connection to her past with Jing while facing the harsh reality of their current situation.

2. Middle of the Chapter:

• The discussion between the Yellow Emperor and Xiao Yao touches upon themes of regret for past mistakes and missed opportunities.
  • Both characters express a sense of longing for a return to happier times, lamenting the changes and challenges that have affected their relationship.
  • Xiao Yao's hesitation and the Yellow Emperor's introspection suggest that revisiting the past evokes feelings of sadness and longing.
  • The pain associated with reliving past experiences is palpable, underscoring the emotional complexity of their relationship and the burdens they carry from their shared history.
  • The suggestion to give up Xuan Yuan City . Jing proposes this strategic move as a means of confronting and reassessing the past, acknowledging the challenges associated with maintaining control over the city. By suggesting to Cang Xuan and FengLong to relinquish control, Jing point to the importance to let go of the past and adapt to changing circumstances. Jing's proposal aligns with the idea of learning from past events to shape future decisions and actions. Feng Long's strategic analysis of the geographical and political landscape supports this notion by highlighting the importance of understanding the past to make informed decisions about the future. In essence, Jing's suggestion reflects a forward-thinking approach that prioritizes adaptation and strategic planning based on a comprehensive understanding of historical events and current realities. 

3.End of the Chapter:

• The tender moments shared between Xiao Yao and Jing provide a temporary reprieve from the pain of separation.
  • Their expressions of affection and intimacy serve as a brief respite from the emotional turmoil Xiao Yao has been experiencing.
  • However, the underlying knowledge of Jing's impending departure casts a shadow over their interactions, reminding Xiao Yao of the inevitable pain and uncertainty that lies ahead.
  • Despite the fleeting happiness they find in each other's company, there is a sense of melancholy as they contemplate the challenges they will face in the future.
  • This juxtaposition of fleeting happiness and looming uncertainty echoes the sentiment of the chapter title, emphasizing the emotional complexity of trying to recapture moments from the past while navigating the present reality.

In summary, the beginning, the middle and  the ending of the chapter both explore the theme of longing for the past and the pain associated with trying to hold onto those memories in the face of change. Xiao Yao's reflections and interactions with Jing highlight in itself , as an opening and ending to this chapter- the delicate balance between happiness and sorrow, underscoring the profound emotional impact of their relationship dynamics.

Part 1 Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 : 

XIAO YAO'S INNER MUSE 

Extract: Since the time they separated at Ying Zhou Island until now, from winter to summer, over half a year has passed, Jing had only contacted Xiao Yao once.Yet, it was to express his gratitude for the hospitality of Zhuan Xu. Among the gifts Jing sent to Zhuan Xu, there were nine bottles of plum wine. Although Zhuan Xu didn't know which item Jing intended to give to Xiao Yao, he could guess that all these gifts were just definitely not for him. After receiving the gifts, he called Xiao Yao over and said, "I don't understand the riddle behind them. Go and choose it yourself."Xiao Yao picked out the nine bottles of plum wine. They were white jade bottles painted with a plum blossom branch in light red. In fact, they were just ordinary white jade bottles with a plum blossom pattern. However, Xiao Yao felt a warm and fresh sensation run through the center of her forehead. The nine bottles of wine followed Xiao Yao from the Ming Ze Residence Palace on the Wushen Mountain(Five Gods Mountain) to the Chao Yun Peak in Xuan Yuan. Xiao Yao enjoyed drinking this plum wine and finished the first seven bottles, but felt regretful when there's only left the last one and would not drink it at all. Instead, she kept it all along and kept the eight emptied bottles well. She wanted to drink the last bottle of wine very much, but she planned to wait for the sending new wine first and then drink it. In the quiet late night with no one around, Xiao Yao would lie on the bed and play with the bottles of wine.The three-inch-high wine bottle rested in the middle of her palm, held gently. Sometimes Xiao Yao would smile, and sometimes she would feel sorry for herself. She had been waiting for half a year, but there was still no news from Jing.One evening, she lay on the bed again, playing with nine jade bottles. She flipped and twirled the bottles. The nine jade bottles lay on a white handkerchief. Nine peach blossoms bloomed brilliantly. Suddenly, Xiaoyao thought of Yusan (Jade Mountain). She had waited for her mother there for seventy years, but in the end, she waited for nothing. In this life, she did not want to wait for anyone anymore
Xiao Yao opened the last bottle of plum wine. She did not drink it one or two sips at a time like usual, but drank it all at once. The wine bottle was only three inches high, and Xiaoyao finished it in an instant. She put away all nine wine bottles and did not take them out to play with them again.
Xiao Yao began to spend more time concocting poisons. In the middle of the night when she could not sleep, she would lay out the poisons on the bed, pondering how she could make the poisons to look even more attractive. What she hoped for was to make them more visually appealing, but not more toxic.  In her mind, she had the "Sheng Nong's Herbal Classic" that Yandi(Flame Emperor), the patriarch of medicine who was revered by all under heaven, had left behind. The medical books of both Gao Xing and Xuan Yuan, which had been carefully preserved, were all open to her. Xiao Yao had never doubted the potency of the poisons she made. When she saw the guppy flowers, she pondered over them for many days. Then she spent many consecutive days and nights to make a small, looking like fresh guppy flowes. The colors were lively and the fragrance was refreshing. When she saw the setting sun, she made some dazzling golden toxic powder. It was as if she had captured the radiant glow of the sunset by the horizon. This poison was her idea. It was a reflection of her momentary emotion. She created them, watched them blossom in her hands, and then packed them with care before sending them out.Xiao Yao wondered about Xiang Liu's reaction when he received the poisons. Would he curse her as perverse?Xiao Yao packed the poisons she had prepared at the dock into a sealed jade box and went to the shipping agency run by the Tushen family. She handed the box to them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The highlighted passage  in orange is rich in symbolism and reflects Xiao Yao's emotional connection to the plum wine bottles sent by Jing. Here's a detailed analysis:

1. White Jade Bottles: White jade is a precious material often associated with purity, spirituality, and elegance in Chinese culture. The choice of white jade for the bottles signifies their significance and value to Xiao Yao. It also suggests a sense of luxury and refinement, indicating the special nature of the gift from Jing.

2. Plum Blossom Pattern: Plum blossoms hold deep symbolic meaning in Chinese culture, representing resilience, perseverance, and hope. They are often associated with the arrival of spring and the promise of new beginnings. The plum blossom pattern on the bottles evokes feelings of beauty, vitality, and renewal, resonating with Xiao Yao's longing for a fresh start and her hope for the future.

1. Light Red Color: The use of light red to paint the plum blossom branch adds another layer of symbolism. Red is a color traditionally associated with joy, celebration, and good fortune in Chinese culture. In this context, the light red color symbolizes the warmth and affection inherent in Jing's gesture of sending the wine bottles to Xiao Yao. It suggests a sense of intimacy and emotional connection between them.

2. Sensation in Xiao Yao's ForeheadXiao Yao's reaction to seeing the plum blossom pattern on the white jade bottles is significant. The warm and fresh sensation running through the center of her forehead symbolizes the stirring of emotions within her. It signifies a deep, visceral response to the  symbolism of the bottles, as well as the emotional significance they hold for herThis physical sensation underscores the profound impact of Jing's gift on Xiao Yao's heart and soul.

3. This passage highlights the power of symbolism and sensory experience in evoking emotions and conveying meaning. It underscores the depth of Xiao Yao's emotional connection to Jing and the significance of his gesture in their relationship. The imagery of the white jade bottles with plum blossom patterns serves as a potent symbol of love, hope, and renewal in the midst of longing and uncertainty.

****************************************************************************************************************

Let's  delve further into Xiao Yao's emotional state and her coping mechanisms in dealing with Jing's prolonged absence and lack of communication. Here's an analysis of the key elements - adding the violet highlights:

1. Symbolism of Plum Wine: The plum wine symbolizes Jing's connection to Xiao Yao and their relationship. Each bottle of plum wine represents a token of Jing's affection and a reminder of their bond. Xiao Yao's anticipation and longing for Jing's return are reflected in her careful preservation of the wine and her reluctance to consume the last bottle without receiving a fresh supply. The act of waiting for the wine becomes a metaphor for Xiao Yao's waiting for Jing and her hope for their reunion.

2. Emotional Turmoil and Self-Reflection: Xiao Yao's emotional turmoil is evident as she grapples with feelings of longing, disappointment, and uncertainty. Her thoughts about waiting for her mother for seventy years on Jade Mountain highlight her fear of waiting in vain and her desire to take control of her own destiny. The decision to drink the last bottle of wine in one go symbolizes her defiance and her willingness to confront her emotions head-on, rather than prolonging the agony of waiting.

3. Shift to Poison Making: Xiao Yao's shift to concocting poisons represents a coping mechanism and a form of self-expression. Engaging in the meticulous process of creating poisons allows her to channel her emotions and distract herself from the pain of Jing's absence. It also reflects her desire for control and agency in a situation where she feels powerless. The poisons she creates serve as both a creative outlet and a means of exerting influence in her world.

4. Symbolism of Poisons: The poisons Xiao Yao creates symbolize her inner turmoil and her desire for distraction, change and creative expression. The process of crafting visually appealing poisons reflects her need to make sense of her emotions and transform them into something tangible. The toxic powder resembling the radiant glow of the sunset represents her complex emotions and the beauty she finds in her pain. Sending the poisons out into the world is an act of defiance and a declaration of her independence, as she asserts her agency and seeks to assert control over her own fate.

Association of Jing with the Sun and refreshing  ScentsThe association of Jing with the sun and wind-chime  or herbal scents is a recurring motif in the narrative, symbolizing his warmth, vitality, and healing presence in Xiao Yao's life. Just as the sun brings light and life to the world, Jing brings joy and comfort to Xiao Yao. The memory of his scents evoke a sense of natural beauty and serenity, reflecting Jing's connection to nature and his role as a source of rejuvenation for Xiao Yao's spirit.// Both elements are present in chapter 6 analysis, please for further reading on these elements read here as they are fully explored -Chapter 6 : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2931067&page=4   

1. Blossom in Her Hand: The imagery of blossoms in Xiao Yao's hand carries multiple layers of meaning. On one level, it represents Xiao Yao's creative power and agency as she crafts poisons with meticulous care and attention to detail. The blossoms symbolize growth, transformation, and the potential for new beginnings, echoing Xiao Yao's desire to break free from her longing, waiting,  and forge her own path forward. Additionally, the blossoms serve as a metaphor for Xiao Yao's relationship with Jing, as she is blossoming under his presence, influence and nurturing.

5. Overall, these passages  of chapter 16 - illustrate Xiao Yao's inner world, filled with longing, creativity, and a yearning for connection with Tushan Jing. They highlight her complex emotions and her ability to find solace and purpose in her creative pursuits, even amidst uncertainty and longing for Jing. The association of Jing with the sun and the refreshing scents, as well as the imagery of blossoms in Xiao Yao's hand, reinforces the deep emotional bond between them and underscores their role in each other's lives as sources of light, inspiration, and growth. The precious memory of Jing , make him  her muse in this captivating chapter moment , where Xiao Yao express her longing and go creative, and  less toxic (red highlight in extract). To herself too.

We see through this whole ectract  how specific scents and specific lights are inspiring her creativity and providing her with a sense of purpose and direction. Just as a muse traditionally inspires artists and poets to create works of art, Jing's presence in Xiao Yao's life, and  in her memory, ignites her imagination and drives her to express herself through her craft...that are visually strinking. Having successfully captured all her inner feelings.

Jing's influence on Xiao Yao sparks her creativity and fuels her passion for life further. His absence leaves a void in her heart, but it also serves as a catalyst for her creative output, as she channels her emotions into her work. In this sense, Jing represents not only love and companionship but also inspiration and artistic expression.

Xiao Yao's relationship with Jing is multifaceted, encompassing elements of romance, creativity, and personal growth. He is not only her lover but also her muse, guiding her along her journey of self-discovery and providing her with the inspiration she needs to flourish as an individual. In this way, Jing plays a pivotal role in Xiao Yao's life, shaping her identity and influencing her artistic pursuits.

And as her act of crafting these poisons are  imbued with her feelings for Jing, Xiao Yao's concern about Xiang Liu's potential perception of her newly crafted poisons as perverse - may stem from her worry that he could clearly interpret her newest poisons,  a creation: that  is a clear manifestation of her feelings for Jing .  She ask herself, will he curse her for that....:D ?@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 

(next analysis pending)

Symbolika1:
We see through this whole ectract  how specific scents and specific lights are inspiring her creativity and providing her with a sense of purpose and direction.

I need to add this perfectly matching inspiration of Xiao Yao, and add it to above to complete her crafting in chapter 16.=> This is Cang Xuan inner thoughts in chapter 15!. 

Notice how Guffy trees and fragrant scent are in this scene. Scene, following the assassination on him, where Xiao Yao protected his life with all her body. She also captured in her craft this scenery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 -Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 :  

TARGET(s)

Extract:

Xiao Yao walked away, "You'd better not get close to me. When I see you, I feel like poisoning you."
Fang Feng Bei followed her, "Did that friend of yours make you hate him so much?" Did Xiang Liu make her hate him? Of course not. It was him who made her feel disgust.
Xiao Yao asked, "Why are you following me?" When they met in the garden that day, he probably didn't know who she was. But by now, he should know her status. "I'm bored and have nothing to do. You also seem bored. Being bored together is better than being bored alone."
That night, that feeling of being pressured by death at the point of his arrow. Xiao Yao still remembered it as if it had just happened. So she said sarcastically, "Why are you in Xuan Yuan City? You can't be here to make yourself feel bored, right?"

Fang Feng Bei smiled and said, "The things I came to do in Xuan Yuan City are all things that cannot be done in broad daylight.

Full winny's translation here:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?page=19

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The phrase "It was him who made her feel disgust" suggests that Fang Feng Bei's actions and presence evoke a strong negative reaction from Xiao Yao. This feeling of disgust is further emphasized by the comparison made between Fang Feng Bei and Xiang Liu, where Xiao Yao's physical and emotional response to Fang Feng Bei mirrors her reaction when Xiang Liu approaches her.
The imagery of feeling as if Fang Feng Bei was going to bite her neck, coupled with her mind going blank, evokes a strong sense of fear  and  discomfort associated with his presence. This comparison highlights the intensity of Xiao Yao's aversion to Fang Feng Bei and suggests that his actions or demeanor trigger deep-seated anxieties or concerns within her.
Fang Feng Bei seemed as if he didn't feel that his own words would have any influence on Xiao Yao.
 Fang Feng Bei might be confident in his ability to manipulate or control the situation, believing that his actions will ultimately serve his own interests regardless of Xiao Yao's reactions. Alternatively, he  simply not prioritize understanding or empathizing with Xiao Yao's perspective, viewing her primarily as a means to an end rather than as an individual with her own agency and emotions.

Regardless of his motives, this indifference suggests a certain level of detachment and disregard for Xiao Yao's autonomy and emotional well-being. It underscores the power dynamic between them and hints at potential manipulation -  exploitation on Fang Feng Bei's part.

Testing Reaction with the Voodoo Bug:

Xiao Yao's attempt to test Fang Feng Bei's reaction with the voodoo bug suggests her lingering suspicion and wariness towards him. It tells her distrust and desire to uncover any hidden agendas or ill intentions. FFB/XL precisly know where Xiao Yao is. By extention Zhuan Xu too.

Fang Feng Bei's Approach:

Despite Xiao Yao's initial reluctance, Fang Feng Bei approaches her with a smile, indicating his confidence and a subtle attempt to disarm her suspicions. His calm demeanor contrasts with Xiao Yao's guardedness, hinting at his strategic approach to the situation.

Xiao Yao's initial Hostility:

Xiao Yao's hostile response to Fang Feng Bei, expressing her desire to poison him upon seeing him, underscores the deep-seated animosity between them. Her visceral reaction reflects her mistrust and resentment towards him, rooted in their complex history and conflicting interests.
Fang Feng Bei's Inquiry:

Fang Feng Bei's inquiry about whether Xiao Yao's hatred towards him is influenced by her friend (Xiang Liu) demonstrates his astuteness . He probes into Xiao Yao's motivations, seeking to test the underlying reasons for her animosity towards him.
Xiao Yao's Questioning:

Xiao Yao's questioning of Fang Feng Bei's motives and persistence in asking why he is following her highlights her skepticism and unwillingness to trust him blindly. Her guarded demeanor suggests that she remains cautious and vigilant, unwilling to let her guard down easily.
Offer to Teach Archery:

Fang Feng Bei's unexpected offer to teach Xiao Yao archery serves as a surprising turn of events, challenging Xiao Yao's perceptions of him and introducing a new dynamic to their relationship and forge a different kind of connection.
Conclusion:

The passage encapsulates the complex interplay of suspicion, hostility, and unexpected gestures of goodwill between Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei.  Fang Feng Bei's offer to teach Xiao Yao archery marks a pivotal moment in their relationship. Bored FFB and bored Xiao Yao , agree to spend some time in a common goal, but their interactions are continuesly characterized by underlying tension and uncertainty, hinting at deeper layers of intrigue and manipulation at play. 

( recap extract from ch 15)

We know already that Zhuan xu , is the long term target of FFB/XL as he have attempted on his life persistently , so I cannot help but wonder if Xiao Yao is his short term target - he is approaching with a smiling , but all hidden biting face ?.
That interpretation could certainly hold merit as Fang Feng Bei's interactions with Xiao Yao appear to involve short-term goals all aimed at gaining her trust or manipulating her in some way, be it for immediate gains or strategic advantage. On the other hand, his actions towards Zhuan Xu all reflect long-term plans and deadly ambitions- suggesting that he views Zhuan Xu as a more significant target in the grand scheme of things (the position and fidelity to gongon army).

By cultivating a relationship with Xiao Yao, Fang Feng Bei may be seeking to position himself favorably in the short term, while simultaneously working towards larger, more far-reaching goals related to Zhuan Xu's downfall.Let's not forget how FFYY is related to both Xiang Liu and FFB (below image recap from ep.11)

I beleive he won his short term goal  the moment Xiao Yao doubted that, he FFB, could have really killed Zhuan, as his demonstration of his archery skills prooves her, he couldn't have missed his target. And also later by initiating emphaty from Xiao Yao in a slave combat arena.

He can breath after his last attempt, a she will try to protect him/ as he know - she always does with all her friends and people she want to protect. Xiao Yao is a very kind person.

What she doesnt know: is that FFB/XL stopped his deadly action as he was not willing to kill her in the same time. She is his healing pool, his poisonous inhance and he care for the lady. But the seeds of doubt that he intentionally infused with the archery lessons have germinated. 

Extract:

Fang Feng Bei seemed as if he didn't feel that his own words would have any influence on Xiao Yao.
He smiled and asked Xiao Yao: “Are you interested to learn archery with me?”
"Interested"
Fang Feng Bei said: “You are my friend who relieves my boredom. I will teach you.” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All fun parts:
Here are the instances where the word "fun" is used in the passage:

"...and even accompany him to go and find fun."
"...they amused themselves, and indulged in food and drink."
"...enjoy every drop of fun together in this bustling world."
"...didn't mind trying everything, but they also weren't attached to anything. Instead, they enjoyed every drop of fun together..."
"...as they amused themselves, and indulged in food and drink."
"...they enjoyed every drop of fun together in this bustling world."
"...he couldn't wait patiently and quickly took her out to play together."
"...they wanted to share everything with each other. It seemed like fun at first, but in fact, it had ceased to be fun long ago."
"...after Fang Feng Bei put on the hellhound mask, he transformed into a two-headed hellhound man, and she laughed so hard that it hurt her stomach."
"...everything became blatant and explicit, alluring to the point of being obscene, and exciting to the point of drawing blood. Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei walked around with great pleasure."
"...Xiao Yao refused to admit defeat. 'It was just luck.'"
"...'Bet on anything you like.' 'Alright, let's bet on this slave again.'"
"...he couldn't wait patiently and quickly took her out to play together."

That makes a total of 15 instances of the word "fun" in the passage.
Extract:

Out of nowhere, Xiao Yao’s daily life became filled with activities. She had to concoct poison and practice archery.When Fang Feng Bei was free, she would practice archery with Fang Feng Bei, and even accompany him to go and find fun. After Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei spent time together, she finally knew what it meant to dine, drink, and have fun."

ALL Bored:

"I'm bored and have nothing to do. You also seem bored. Being bored together is better than being bored alone."
"I tend to be busy at night, so during the day I really am incredibly bored."
"That night, that feeling of being pressured by death at the point of his arrow. Xiao Yao still remembered it as if it had just happened. So she said sarcastically, 'Why are you in Xuan Yuan City? You can't be here to make yourself feel bored, right?'"

Notice also the emphasis  on the words PLAY by the writer:

"Played with countless toys."

"To have someone to play with was not easy, so he couldn't wait patiently and quickly took her out to play together."

To differentiate between casual, playful interactions and formal romantic dates or serious meetings, we have to consider the following factors:

Intent and Purpose: Casual, playful interactions often involve activities aimed at enjoyment, relaxation, or shared interests without necessarily leading to romantic involvement. Formal romantic dates, on the other hand, typically have a more intentional and romantic purpose, focusing on building a deeper connection or expressing romantic interest. Serious meetings usually involve discussions or activities related to important matters, such as work, family, or personal growth.

Atmosphere and Setting: Playful interactions often occur in casual settings, such as exploring new places, engaging in hobbies, or participating in light-hearted activities. Romantic dates may involve more formal settings like candlelit dinners, movie nights, or romantic outings. Serious meetings often take place in professional or formal environments, such as offices, conference rooms, or formal events.

Conversation and Interaction: Playful interactions often involve light-hearted banter, teasing, and shared laughter. Conversations may be casual, focusing on everyday topics or shared interests. Romantic dates may involve deeper conversations about feelings, future plans, or personal experiences, often accompanied by gestures of affection. Serious meetings typically involve focused discussions on specific topics or issues, with less emphasis on casual conversation or playful interaction.

Physical Contact and Affection: Playful interactions may involve friendly gestures like high-fives, playful nudges, or casual hugs, without necessarily implying romantic interest. Romantic dates often include more intimate physical contact, such as holding hands, cuddling, or romantic gestures like kissing. Serious meetings typically involve minimal physical contact, with interactions focused on verbal communication and discussion.

By considering these factors, you can differentiate between casual, playful interactions and formal romantic dates based on the intent, atmosphere, conversation, and physical interaction involved in each scenario..Archery Practice: Instead of a traditional date, Xiao Yao spends time practicing archery with Fang Feng Bei. This activity is more about learning a skill and having fun together rather than romantic involvement.

Exploring Xuan Yuan City: They accompany each other to explore hidden locations and indulge in various activities within the city, such as dining, drinking, and discovering new places. This demonstrates a shared interest in adventure and exploration.

Visiting Unconventional Shops: They visit unconventional shops, such as jewelry shops and cosmetics shops, where Xiao Yao tries out different products and Fang Feng Bei accompanies her. This showcases a lighthearted approach to shopping and trying new things together.

Attending an Underground Casino: They visit an underground casino operated by the Li Rong tribe, where they observe and participate in gambling and entertainment activities. This highlights their mutual interest in unconventional forms of entertainment.

Teasing and Banter: Their playful banter and teasing, such as Fang Feng Bei's playful remarks about hugging Xiao Yao in exchange for revealing information, further emphasize the casual and fun nature of their relationship.

Overall, these instances demonstrate that Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei's interactions are centered around playful activities, shared experiences, and light-hearted banter that contrast with the unfriendly/enemy intentions and awarenesspresent for both characters, rather than formal romantic dates or any form of serious meetings.

By likening him to a child in her inner thoughts, Xiao Yao view their time together as enjoyable and spontaneous, characterized by shared experiences and a sense of adventure. This perspective reinforces the idea that their connection is rooted in friendship and companionship rather than  any romantic intentions. At least from Xiao Yao's point of view.

Xiao Yao's characterization as an "honest and loyal drinking buddy" further emphasizes thenotion of  friendship.

Finally, the condition "As long as Fang Feng Bei did not pull the bow at Zhuan Xu, he was not her enemy" underscores the importance of trust and boundaries in their friendship. This condition implies that Xiao Yao's trust in Fang Feng Bei is contingent upon his actions and intentions, particularly regarding Zhuan Xu.
Overall, this passage illustrates the transition of Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei's relationship from superficial ,fun,  to genuine friendship, characterized by trust. Xiao Yao marked her boundaries , and  even rejected  FFB attempt at hugging her. Be it for fun.
What we see is that he won her trust. As such : it's -  Mission accomplished.
 Fang Feng Bei has achieved his short-term goal of building a close relationship with Xiao Yao. This connection serves as a stepping stone toward potentially influencing his long-term target, Zhuan Xu. By gaining Xiao Yao's trust and forming a bond with her, Fang Feng Bei have positioned himself to have a greater impact on Zhuan Xu through his association with Xiao Yao. This strategy underscores the significance of indirect influence and the power of interpersonal relationships in achieving broader objectives.

- As for further Xiao Yao's willingness to finally accept his presence by her side will be explored in later passages, when she will express her inner thoughts on why she choose to do so :).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- let's delve deeper into the extract and analyze Fang Feng Bei's actions and their implications:

Archery and targets:Fang Feng Bei's decision to teach Xiao Yao archery after previously aiming an arrow at Zhuan Xu's life is layered with complexity and strategic calculation. Despite the apparent contradiction, his actions serve multiple purposes, allowing him to manipulate the situation to his advantage.

Building Trust: By offering to teach Xiao Yao archery, Fang Feng Bei presents himself as a friend and mentor, thereby gaining her trust and fostering a sense of camaraderie between them. This newfound trust could potentially be exploited in the future to further his own agenda or manipulate Xiao Yao into aiding him, covering him.

Dispelling Suspicion: Xiao Yao's doubt about Fang Feng Bei's intentions regarding Zhuan Xu's life is momentarily cleared by her reasoning that his archery skills are too great to have missed if he truly wanted to kill Zhuan Xu. This rationalization serves to alleviate her suspicions and reinforce her trust in Fang Feng Bei, thereby solidifying his position in her eyes.

Buying Time: By engaging Xiao Yao in archery lessons and deepening their relationship, Fang Feng Bei effectively buys himself more time to pursue his objectives. The diversion created by the archery training distracts Xiao Yao from questioning his motives further and allows him to maintain his influence over her without immediate scrutiny.

Increasing Control: Through his actions, Fang Feng Bei subtly increases his control over Xiao Yao by positioning himself as a confidant and mentor. By teaching her a skill traditionally associated with strength and power, he asserts his authority and influence over her, further solidifying his hold on her allegiance.

In essence, Fang Feng Bei's decision to teach Xiao Yao archery serves as a strategic maneuver to manipulate her emotions, dispel suspicion, buy time, and increase his control over her, all of which align with his overarching goals and ambitions. Despite the apparent benevolence of his offer, his true intentions remain shrouded in ambiguity, highlighting the complexity of his character and his mastery of manipulation.

Extract: 

Sometimes, Xiao Yao felt that Fang Feng Bei was like a child who had been lonely for a long time and had played with countless toys. To have someone to play with was not easy, so he couldn't wait patiently and quickly took her out to play together.

They wanted to share everything with each other. It seemed like fun at first, but in fact, it had ceased to be fun long ago. Now, it was slowly becoming true friendship. Xiao Yao was also an honest and loyal drinking buddy. As long as Fang Feng Bei did not pull the bow at Zhuan Xu, he was not her enemy.

HELLHOUND MASKS-the Underground Casino---------------

Xiang Liu  has a significant connection to the underground casino, as he was once a slave there. He choose to take her in this place. This adds another layer of depth to the symbolism of the casino in reflecting the darker aspects of Xiao Yao and XL/Fang Feng Bei's past.

The casino underscores the theme of oppression and exploitation. His experience as a slave represents a period of suffering and subjugation, highlighting the harsh realities of the world they inhabit. The presence of slavery within the casino speaks to the moral depravity and ethical ambiguities that exist in their society.

Furthermore, Xiao Yao as Xiao Liu's history as a slave intertwines with the narrative's exploration of identity and agency. His past enslavement  have shaped his character and influenced his actions, contributing to his internal conflicts and struggles for autonomy and freedom. This adds complexity to his relationship with Fang Feng Bei and his role in the story's unfolding events.

It deepens the significance of the setting in reflecting the darker aspects of the characters' past experiences. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confronting Painful Memories: For Xiao Yao, visiting the underground casino force her to confront painful memories associated with his time as a captive. The environment serves as a stark reminder of his past suffering and the injustices he/she faced, triggering emotional turmoil and distress. This underscores the idea that grappling with past traumas can evoke intense pain and discomfort.
Reference past WXLas captive link:
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2934021&page=9
 Fang Feng Bei's motives for taking Xiao Yao to the arena are more complex and potentially sinister. This is were the fun stops. Instead of seeking to help Xiao Yao confront her past traumas, he is using the casino arena as a means to manipulate her emotions or gather information for his own purposes.

In this personnal  interpretation, Fang Feng Bei exploit Xiao Yao's vulnerabilities by exposing her to the violent and chaotic environment of the arena. By witnessing the brutality firsthand, Xiao Yao , recalling her own childhood captivity and trauma, she  become more susceptible to manipulation or coercion, which  further his plans to harm Zhuan Xu and achieve his own objectives.

Additionally, the arena  serve as a way for Fang Feng Bei to gauge Xiao Yao's reactions under pressure or in morally ambiguous situations. By observing how she responds to the violence and suffering around her, he may gain insights into her character and vulnerabilities that he can exploit to further his own agenda.In Chapter 9, Xiao Yao recounts her traumatic experience of being imprisoned and tortured by the Nine-tailed Fox demon for thirty years. Despite enduring unimaginable suffering, she learns valuable skills and survival tactics during her captivity, including how to use a mirror to maintain her appearance and identifying plants and creatures in the mountain.
This experience reflects Xiao Yao's resilience and resourcefulness in the face of adversity. Despite being trapped in a cage for three decades, she finds ways to adapt and survive, ultimately escaping her captor's clutches by poisoning him and cutting off his tails.

Similarly, in the scene where Fang Feng Bei takes Xiao Yao to the underground casino's arena, there is a parallel in the sense of adversity and survival. While Xiao Yao's trauma in Chapter 9 is more overtly personal, the arena represents a different form of adversity—a harsh and brutal environment where individuals fight for their lives and spectators gamble on their fates.

In both scenarios, Xiao Yao demonstrates her resilience and adaptability. Just as she learned survival skills during her captivity with the Nine-tailed Fox, she navigates the dangers of the arena with a mixture of caution and determination. Despite the darkness surrounding her, she maintains her composure and even finds moments of levity, such as laughing at Fang Feng Bei's transformation into a two-headed hellhound.

However, there is a key difference between the two situations. While Xiao Yao's captivity was a result of her being targeted by the Nine-tailed Fox demon, her presence in the arena is orchestrated by Fang Feng Bei. This raises questions about his motives and whether he is manipulating Xiao Yao for his own purposes, similar to how the Nine-tailed Fox exploited her vulnerabilities during her imprisonment.

Overall, the parallel between Chapter 9 and the scene in the arena highlights Xiao Yao's resilience in the face of adversity and the complexities of her relationship with Fang Feng Bei. While she has overcome past trauma through sheer strength and determination, she must now navigate new challenges and uncertainties as she interacts with Fang Feng Bei.

There is also a very clear  parallel between the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei lies in the knowledge and skills they imparted to Xiao Yao during their respective encounters.

The Nine-tailed Fox, during Xiao Yao's captivity, imparted valuable knowledge about plants, demons, and beasts, along with various transformation powers. Despite the torment she endured, Xiao Yao gained practical skills and insights that proved invaluable to her survival and eventual escape. Additionally, the mirror made from the soul of a mystic gorilla beast served as a potent tool, enabling Xiao Yao to record her face and maintain her identity amidst the constant threat of transformation.

Similarly, Fang Feng Bei introduces Xiao Yao to the art of archery, providing her with a new skill set that may prove useful in her future endeavors. Through their interactions in the arena and elsewhere, Xiao Yao learns the nuances of archery techniques and begins to hone her proficiency with the bow and arrow. 

In both instances, Xiao Yao emerges from her experiences with valuable knowledge and skills that equip her for the challenges ahead. Despite the disparate circumstances of her encounters with the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei, both entities leave a lasting impact on Xiao Yao's journey.

We see how the juxtaposition of their seemingly benevolent actions with their underlying motives for vengeance adds a layer of complexity to their characters. Both the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei (Xiang Liu) exhibit behaviors that may appear altruistic or helpful on the surface, yet their true intentions are driven by a desire for retribution or personal gain.

Despite their acts of kindness or mentorship towards Xiao Yao, their ultimate goals remain rooted in their own agendas. The Nine-tailed Fox, driven by hatred and resentment towards Xiao Yao's family, manipulates her imprisonment and attempts to use her for his own purposes, ultimately intending to consume her as a form of revenge.

Similarly, Fang Feng Bei, while appearing as a playful and helpful companion to Xiao Yao, harbors his own vendetta against Xiao Yao's cousin, Zhuan Xu. His actions, such as teaching her archery or engaging in activities together,  serve to build trust and rapport with Xiao Yao, but ultimately align with his larger scheme to fulfill his vengeance against Zhuan Xu.

In both cases, the facade of kindness or camaraderie masks their true motivations, highlighting the complexity of their characters and the blurred lines between benevolence and manipulation. It underscores the theme of deception and hidden agendas prevalent throughout the narrative, adding tension and intrigue to the dynamic between the characters involved.

Chapter 9 and Chapter 16 provide valuable insights into the experiences and motivations of Xiao Yao as well as the characters who have influenced her life, namely the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei /Xiang Liu.

Symbolika1:
Chapter 9 and Chapter 16 provide valuable insights into the experiences and motivations of Xiao Yao as well as the characters who have influenced her life, namely the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei /Xiang Liu.

******When examining both chapters together, several parallels and contrasts emerge:

Teacher-Student Dynamic: Both the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei assume a mentorship role towards Xiao Yao, albeit in different contexts. The fox imparts knowledge and skills to Xiao Yao during her captivity, while Fang Feng Bei teaches her archery and exposes her to new experiences in Xuan Yuan City.

Manipulation and Vengeance: Despite their outwardly benevolent actions, both characters are driven by a desire for vengeance. The Nine-tailed Fox seeks retribution against Xiao Yao's family for past grievances, while Fang Feng Bei harbors resentment towards Xiao Yao's cousin Zhuan Xu. Their interactions with Xiao Yao serve as a means to further their own agendas, blurring the lines between genuine camaraderie and manipulation.

Tools and Knowledge: Both the Nine-tailed Fox and Fang Feng Bei impart valuable tools and knowledge to Xiao Yao. While the fox gives her the mirror and teaches her survival skills, Fang Feng Bei introduces her to archery and exposes her to the underground arena. There she  further expands her understanding of power dynamics, survival strategies, and the darker aspects of human nature. In contrast to her captivity with the Nine-tailed Fox, where she was subjected to manipulation and torment in a more isolated setting, the arena exposes her to a broader range of societal dynamics and interactions. In the arena, Xiao Yao learns about the brutality and ruthlessness that can exist among humans even just for fun,  preys upon one another for personal gain. 

Xiao Yao's experience in the underground arena exposes her to the harsh reality that human lives can be perceived as nothing more than a bet in the eyes of those in power. Through Fang Feng Bei's proposition to wager on the fate of a slave, Xiao Yao witnesses firsthand how individuals in positions of authority may exploit the vulnerable for their own gain, treating their lives as mere commodities to be gambled upon. This realization is a profound one for Xiao Yao, as it challenges her preconceived notions about morality and the value of human life. It forces her to confront the grim truth that in certain circles, individuals may view the suffering and fate of others as nothing more than entertainment or a means to achieve personal objectives.

Furthermore, this experience underscores the pervasive nature of deception and manipulation in society, highlighting the lengths to which some individuals will go to maintain control and exert power over others. By witnessing this callous disregard for human life, Xiao Yao gains a sobering insight into the darker aspects of human nature and the complexities of navigating a world fraught with moral ambiguity and ethical dilemmas. 

It's worth noting that Xiao Yao's actions in the arena are also influenced by her sense of morality and her desire to protect those who are vulnerable. While her decision to bet may appear   questionnables on the surface, she try to find a way to alleviate the suffering of the slave involved in the wager and give him hopes for future. As she felt empathy for the slave she have put her bet on. 

These gifts and teachings play crucial roles in Xiao Yao's development and eventual confrontations with any adversaries.

Trust and Deception: Xiao Yao's experiences with both characters highlight themes of trust and deception. Despite initially trusting the Nine-tailed Fox and later learning to navigate his manipulations, Xiao Yao ultimately breaks free from his control. Similarly, her interactions with Fang Feng Bei raise questions about his true intentions and whether he is manipulating her for his own purposes.

Overall, examining the parallels and contrasts between Chapter 9 and Chapter 16 deepens our understanding of Xiao Yao's journey and the complex relationships she forms with the characters who shape her destiny. It underscores the themes of survival, resilience, and the blurred lines between friend and foe in a world fraught with deception and intrigue.  A cynical part of the world.

The Hellbound Masks:

The hellhound masks in the underground casino operated by the Li Rong tribe are not just mere accessories; they serve as potent symbols that deepen the mystique and allure of the establishment. These masks, resembling the fierce and mythical hellhounds, instantly conjure images of danger, intrigue, and secrecy.

A hellhound is a mythological hound that embodies a guardian or a servant of hell, the devil, or the underworld .In Greek mythology, Cerberus, often referred to as the hound of Hades, is a multi-headed dog that guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent the dead from leaving. He was the offspring of the monsters Echidna and Typhon and was usually described as having three heads, a serpent for a tail, and snakes protruding from multiple parts of his body. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellhound / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huodou = 祸斗 Cerberus, with the gluttons in Dante's Third Circle of Hell. William Blake祸斗- 

1. Fear and Intimidation: Hellhounds are often depicted as fierce and terrifying creatures in mythology and folklore. In the arena, where violence and death are commonplace, the presence of hellhound imagery evokes a sense of fear and intimidation among the participants and spectators. It reinforces the idea that the combatants are like ferocious beasts pitted against each other in a savage struggle for survival.

2. Control and Domination: Hellhounds are often associated with themes of control and domination, as they are often depicted as powerful creatures that exert authority over their surroundings- usually guardians or servants of evil. In the arena, where slaves are forced to fight for the entertainment of others, the imagery of hellhounds symbolize the oppressive control exerted by those in power, who view the combatants as little more than disposable pawns in their games of cruelty and dominance. One life. One bet. As a  rule.

3. Suffering and Despair: Hellhounds are often associated with death and the afterlife in various mythologies. In the context of the arena, the presence of hellhound imagery  serve as a grim reminder of the suffering and despair experienced by the combatants , trapped in a never-ending cycle of violence and suffering.

4. Resistance and Rebellion: Despite their fearsome reputation, hellhounds are sometimes depicted as creatures of defiance and rebellion in folklore. In the arena, where slaves are subjected to dehumanizing treatment and forced to fight against their will, the imagery of hellhounds may symbolize the spirit of resistance and defiance among the oppressed. It suggests that even in the face of overwhelming adversity, there is still the potential for rebellion and defiance against tyranny.

In the arena : For the men who wear these masks, they provide a shroud of anonymity and power. By obscuring their faces behind these menacing visages, the wearers adopt an aura of authority and intimidation,  reflecting  a sens of the cutthroat nature of the activities within the casino. The masks also serve as a form of protection, allowing the men to conceal their identities and intentions as they navigate the risky terrain of underground gambling and illicit activities.

On the other hand, the choice to allow women the option of whether to wear the masks or not introduces an intriguing dynamic. It suggests a degree of agency and autonomy for the female patrons, who can decide whether to embrace the anonymity and empowerment offered by the masks or to assert their identity more openly. This gender disparity in mask-wearing  hint at deeper societal norms and power dynamics, reflecting the complex interplay between visibility and invisibility, dominance and submission.

It reflect the gender dynamics within the society depicted in the story-  suggesting notions of  the men gender assuming a more overt and aggressive role while the women retain the option to conceal their identities and intentions.

Extract:

Fang Feng Bei smiled slightly, “Hope is a lie to begin with.

Fang Feng Bei's statement "Hope is a lie to begin with" reflects his cynical perspective on hope. He sees hope as something illusory or deceptive, suggesting that it often leads to disappointment. This viewpoint is shaped by his experiences in a world filled with deceit and hidden motives.
In his conversation with Xiao Yao, Fang Feng Bei's remark aimed at tempering her expectations and beliefs, especially considering her past traumas and aspirations for the future. It also reveals his own pragmatic approach to life, prioritizing realism over idealism.
Furthermore, Fang Feng Bei's comment sheds light on his motivations and mindset. By rejecting hope, he emphasizes a focus on practicality and skepticism, which influences his decisions and interactions with others.

Overall, Fang Feng Bei's statement adds depth to his character and highlights the themes of skepticism and disillusionment in the story. It underscores the challenges of trust and the complexities of navigating a world filled with ambiguity and deception.

This parts ends with  hearts beat check, as "Xiao Yao couldn't do anything but grit her teeth".

Xiao Yao's reaction of gritting her teeth suggests a mix of frustration, anger, and a sense of helplessness in the face of Fang Feng Bei's manipulation. Despite her realization, she  feel unable to act or confront Fang Feng Bei directly in that moment.

The  sentence sound  as if she's observing their connection from a detached perspective. "Our hearts are beating at the same time." She is evaluating rationaly. Clinicaly. No butterflies around the bugs in their organ. No sensation described. When Xiao Yao speaks of their hearts beating at the same time, she is evaluating the situation rationally, as if she's observing their connection from an analytical or medical perspective.The word heart is there, but there is no emphyse in the text. Only confusion, and tooth gritting . She's attempting to aknowledge the physiological response of the bug. This rational evaluation reflects her attempt to  logicaly understand the overall situation: She understand she have been played out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(next part pending)

Part 3 -Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 and it's related ep.23:

The extract that follow above explored passage, confirm the statements made, as we get Xiao Yao's inner thoughts on her feelings, what she wants, whom she long for. A lifting curtain of an arriving carriage is going to unveil it all.

Extract:

A carriage stopped beside them. The carriage curtain was lifted...

Xiao Yao's inner thoughts follow:

Extract (continue):

Given the influence of the Tushan clan and with Fang Feng Bei and her status, Jing must have heard rumors about her and Fang Feng Bei already. Or perhaps, it could be said that when she had first not understood Fang Feng Bei's womanizing nature, she hadn't believed that he would actually teach her archery, and she hadn't wanted to learn from him either.
 Xiao Yao hadn't rejected Fang Feng Bei's advances, it was only because she knew that the news of her close association with him would definitely spread to every major clans. Jing must have heard this news too, and that was what Xiao Yao had intended. Xiao Yao didn't understand why she was thinking this way, but she was too confused to think about it. Since doing this made her feel happy, she continued to do it.

Xiao Yao discovered that she had misunderstood Fang Feng Bei. Fang Feng Bei had actually taught her archery, and she herself had begun learning seriously. Slowly, her initial goal became unimportant, but Xiao Yao was still waiting,  waiting for a reaction from Jing. But after sixteen months, she had truly given up waiting. She simply felt that she was ridiculous. Fortunately, Fang Feng Bei had exceeded her expectations. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been only simply ridiculous, but also sad. But just when she had forgotten about it, he suddenly appeared again, and he even brought his fiancee!  

Subtily lifted at the same time as the curtain vail,  her true emotions and romantic feelings are laid bare when Tushan Jing and Fang Feng Yi Yang unexpectedly arrive. Their presence triggers a wave of emotions within Xiao Yao, revealing her  feelings, and how Jing's absence motivate her to reach him by any means. All suddenly she feel  ridiculous, happy, confused and jealous (the exclamation sign next to FFYY appearance close to Jing). 

1. Ridiculousness: Despite her attempts to move on and focus on her archery training with Fang Feng Bei, the sudden appearance of Tushan Jing bring back to front  the deep feelings she harbors for him. She even  feel foolish for attempting to suppress and try to deny these feelings. She realize, tell herself how in fact she tried hard to let him know she need him in her life. So hard it appears even to her ridiculous.

2. Happiness: Despite her feelings of ridiculousness, there's an underlying sense of happiness that emerges upon seeing Tushan Jing. His presence serves as a reminder of the connection they share and the lasting  hope she harbors for their relationship. Even amidst her confusion and internal conflict, there's a part of Xiao Yao that finds solace and joy in being in Jing's presence once again.

3. ConfusionXiao Yao's confusion is amplified by her earlier expectations of Tushan Jing's reappearance ( "waiting,wainting' in the text). She  have anticipated and hoped for a reunion with Jing for a long time now, only to be taken aback by the unexpected arrival of both Jing and Fang Feng Yi Yang. This sudden turn of events disrupts her emotional equilibrium and adds another layer of complexity to her already conflicted feelings. 

4. Jealousy: The exclamation mark next to Fang Feng Yi Yang's appearance suggests a moment of jealousy on Xiao Yao's part. Seeing Jing accompanied by another woman, especially Fang Feng Yi Yang,  evoke feelings of insecurity and jealousy within Xiao Yao. This reaction underscores the lingering emotional attachment she holds towards Jing and her fear of losing him to someone else.

Overall, the sudden arrival of Tushan Jing and Fang Feng Yi Yang serves as a catalyst for a whirlwind of emotions within Xiao Yao, ranging from feelings of happiness and hope to confusion, jealousy, and self-doubt.

Fang Feng Yi Yang's assumption- not recognizing XY- that Xiao Yao is not a good woman due to her association with Fang Feng Bei underscores the societal judgments and prejudices that  Xiao Yao have to go through /to endure, while she already  struggle to appear overall nonchalant/unconcerned by Jing's presence. Tushan Jing's silence and contemplation hint at his own internal struggles and complexities in relation to Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei presence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-  extract:

Xiao Yao returned to the Xu residence and urgently looked for Zhuan Xu.
"Zhuan Xu! Zhuan Xu!"....(skipping Ah Nian improvised visit that cut this verbal exchange).

Zhuan Xu asked Xiao Yao, “Why were you in such a hurry just now? What happened?”
I saw...Tushan Jing and Fang Feng Yi Yang on the road just now.
Oh, they arrived this afternoon. Feng Long and Xin Yue will probably be here in a few more days.”
Why did they come separately? Did something happen?
Zhuan Xu said, “Xiao Yao, this is Xuan Yuan city! The capital of the Xuan Yuan land! More than half of the imperial administration orders of the Da Haung are issued from this city. Whether it’s Chi Sui clan, the Tushan clan, the Shen Nong clan, or the Fang Feng clan, the fates of their clans are all tied to the administration orders from this city. Every few years, the important descendants of each clan will make a point of coming to stay in Xuan Yuan city for a while. Those who are close to each other will often make appointments to arrive at the same time. It’s quite common."

Xiao Yao fell silent, looking deeply disappointed. Zhuan Xu asked, “What’s the matter?”
Xiaoyao shook his head and said, “I’m going to go take a bath and go to bed.”

This passage that follow their encounter illustrates Xiao Yao's anticipation and excitement upon seeing Tushan Jing  on the road. She immediately seeks out Zhuan Xu, hoping to confirm her suspicions and understand the reason behind their separate arrival. Xiao Yao's urgency and eagerness to uncover the truth reveal the depth of her emotional investment in her relationship with Tushan Jing. She seek to know if he is in a official separation process with FFYY.

As Zhuan Xu's explanation turn out to be about the common practice of clan members arriving separately in Xuan Yuan city - it dampens Xiao Yao's spirits. Her disappointment is palpable as she realizes that there are probably not  any special significance to Jing and Yi Yang's separate arrival. 

This chapter part closure as: 

A. Xiao Yao's decision to retreat to bed reflects her need to process her emotions in private. 

B. Jing didn't say anything. He silently boarded his carriage, closing both of his eyes.  Unease with  the scene of Xiao Yao and Fang Feng Bei walking away together.

I conclude this part by saying that the veil is lifted but the curtain is heavy .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                               Part 4-Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 and it's related ep.23: 

Huang Di's advice 

Extract:  

According to the relationship between Jing and Zhuan Xu, Jing should pay a courtesy visit to Zhuan Xu, after arriving in Xuan Yuan City. Xiao Yao had no idea when he would come, but she really didn’t want to wait any longer. Waiting with a longing worried heart only led to endless disappointment. That feeling was unbearable. So, she chose not to wait and fled back to Chao Yun Peak.  

Detailed Analysis:

The beginning of the passage sets the stage for Xiao Yao's internal conflict and her decision-making process regarding her romantic relationship. As soon , as  she learns that Jing should pay a courtesy visit to Zhuan Xu upon arriving in Xuan Yuan City, Xiao Yao's anticipation and longing for Jing's arrival intensify. However, she also experiences anxiety and impatience, fearing the disappointment that may come from waiting indefinitely for Jing to arrive. This internal struggle reflects Xiao Yao's desire for connection and companionship with Jing but also her awareness of the uncertainty and unpredictability of their relationship.

This sense of anticipation and uncertainty sets the backdrop for Xiao Yao's conversation with Huang Di about love and relationships. 

In this extract, Xiao Yao's impatience and desire to see Jing again are  completly palpable. Despite the social expectation for Tushan Jing to make a courtesy visit to Zhuan Xu upon arriving in Xuan Yuan City, Xiao Yao refuses to wait passively for his arrival. Instead, she takes matters into her own hands and decides to retreat to Chao Yun Peak, removing herself from the anticipation and uncertainty surrounding Jing's visit. This demonstrates her assertiveness and self-reliance, as she prioritizes her own emotional well-being firstly. By prioritizing Jing , she reveals the extent to which he occupies her thoughts and emotions, despite her attempts to maintain independence.

The repetition of the word "wait" in the passage emphasizes Xiao Yao's internal struggle and impatience regarding Tushan Jing's arrival.  The use of "waiting with a longing worried heart" vividly depicts Xiao Yao's emotional state, revealing her anxiety and anticipation regarding  Tushan Jing.

Your mind isn’t calm today,” Huang Di’s voice echoed.  

• Huang Di's ability to discern Xiao Yao's mental state reflects his perceptiveness and understanding of her character.
  • The statement serves to draw attention to Xiao Yao's emotional state, prompting further exploration of her feelings and motivations.
  • It sets the stage for a potential conversation or interaction between Huang Di and Xiao Yao regarding her thoughts and emotions.

In the conversation that follow with Huan Di, Xiao Yao begins to recognize the root causes of her emotional struggles, such as her fear of abandonment and her need for control, seeing herself as deeply weak. This self-awareness allows her to confront these issues head-on and consider how they may be influencing her perceptions of love and overall relationships. Huang Di's guidance and wisdom further contribute to Xiao Yao's shifting perspective. His candid discussions with her about love, commitment, and the inherent challenges of relationships encourage Xiao Yao to reflect introspectively on her own experiences and beliefs. His assertion that finding a suitable partner who meets all of her criteria may be difficult prompts Xiao Yao to consider the possibility of compromise and acceptance in her search for love.

In the context of compromise and acceptance in Xiao Yao's search for love, it involves acknowledging and embracing the inherent complexities and uncertainties of romantic relationships. Here's how compromise and acceptance manifest in her journey: 

1. Compromise on Idealistic Expectations: Xiao Yao need to compromise on her idealistic expectations of finding a partner who perfectly meets all her criteria and desires. Instead of seeking an idealized version of love, she need to accept that no relationship is without its flaws or challenges. This involves being open to the idea that her perfect partner may not align perfectly with her preconceived notions.

2. Acceptance of Imperfections: Xiao Yao need to accept the imperfections and limitations of both herself and partner. This involves recognizing that everyone comes with their own baggage, insecurities, and flaws, and that true love involves accepting and embracing each other's imperfections rather than seeking perfection.

3. Flexibility in Relationship Dynamics: Xiao Yao need to be more flexible in her expectations regarding the dynamics of her relationship. This includes being open to different forms of commitment, communication styles, and expressions of love that may not align exactly with her initial vision but still fulfill her emotional needs and desires.

4. Navigating External Influences: Xiao Yao need to navigate external influences, such as family expectations, societal norms, and cultural traditions, that in her world have a direct  impact in her relationships. This involves finding a balance between honoring these external influences while staying true to her own values and priorities in love .

5. Prioritizing Mutual Respect and Understanding: Xiao Yao need to prioritize mutual respect, understanding, and compromise in her relationships. This involves actively listening to her partner's perspectives, empathizing with their experiences, and working together to find mutually beneficial solutions to conflicts or any form of disagreements.

Ultimately, compromise and acceptance in Xiao Yao's search for love require her to adopt a more nuanced and realistic perspective on romantic relationship. It involves letting go of rigid expectations and embracing the complexities of love, recognizing that true connection and fulfillment often come from embracing imperfection and finding harmony  hand in hand amidst life's uncertainties.

=> She  want to resist, she wish to control, but funnily ...we see how eagerly  she run (" fled back")to see Jing. 

Because there is a nuanced interplay between Xiao Yao's resistance and her underlying desires. Despite her attempts to resist and control her emotions, her actions betray her true feelings. Although she initially decides not to wait any longer and flees back to Chao Yun Peak to avoid the disappointment of longing for Jing's arrival, her subsequent actions reveal her inability to successfully suppress her feelings.

In this context, her decision to run to see Jing despite her reservations reflects the complexity of her emotions. Despite her fear of vulnerability, and potential heartache, Xiao Yao cannot ignore the pull of her feelings for Jing. This contradiction between her desire to protect herself and her longing for connection highlights the internal conflict she experiences in matters of love and romance.

Ultimately, Xiao Yao's actions demonstrate the intricate balance between resistance and surrender, control and vulnerability, as she navigates the complexities of her emotions . 

Let's delve deeper into Xiao Yao's inner conflict and the complexities of her emotional journey:

1. Resistance versus Desire:

• Xiao Yao's initial decision not to wait for Jing's arrival illustrates her attempt to resist the vulnerability and disappointment associated with longing for someone who may not reciprocate her longing ("wait").
    • Despite her efforts to maintain control over her emotions, Xiao Yao's underlying desire for Jing persists, prompting her to ultimately defy her own decision and run to see him.
    • This tension between resistance and desire highlights the internal struggle Xiao Yao faces in acknowledging and accepting her feelings while also guarding herself against potential hurt.
  2. Control versus Vulnerability:

• Xiao Yao's statement about fearing that once she starts thinking about a man, she won't be able to turn back underscores her desire to maintain control over her emotions and protect herself from potential heartache.
    • However, her admission of feeling confused in her heart reflects her vulnerability and the difficulty she faces in suppressing her emotions entirely.It's those emotions-longing worried heart that initiate her moves, and not the contrary.
    • The juxtaposition of control and vulnerability exemplifies the inner turmoil Xiao Yao experiences as she grapples with conflicting desires for connection and self-preservation.
  3. The Pull of Love and Longing:

• Despite her attempts to resist and control her emotions, Xiao Yao's longing for Jing ultimately proves too powerful to ignore.
    • Her decision to run to see Jing underscores the magnetic pull of love and the inability to fully suppress genuine feelings, even in the face of uncertainty and fear.
    • This portrayal of the irresistible force of love highlights the depth of Xiao Yao's emotions and the profound impact they have on her choices and actions.
  4. Navigating Emotional Complexity:

• Xiao Yao's journey reflects the intricate dance of navigating emotional complexity, where conflicting managements of her desires and fears coexist.
    • Her willingness to confront her inner conflict and take action, despite her reservations, demonstrates her courage and willingness to embrace vulnerability in pursuit of love.

In essence, Xiao Yao's struggle with resistance and desire, control and vulnerability, encapsulates the universal human experience of grappling with the complexities of love and emotional connection. Her journey serves as a poignant exploration of the delicate balance between self-preservation and the pursuit of authentic connection.

Extract:

Huang Di said, "In fact, you think too much. Sometimes people have to learn to be a little vague. As long as you choose the right person and respect each other, it is not difficult to stay together until you grow old."

Huang Di's statement reflects a philosophy that emphasizes simplicity and mutual respect in relationships. Let's explore its key components:

1. Simplicity over Complexity:

• By suggesting that Xiao Yao "thinks too much," Huang Di encourages her to simplify her approach to love and relationships. He implies that overanalyzing and overcomplicating matters of the heart can lead to unnecessary stress and confusion.
    • This advice advocates for embracing a  straightforward and intuitive understanding of love, one that prioritizes genuine connection and emotional authenticity over intellectualizing romantic feelings.
  2. Embracing Vagueness:

• Huang Di's suggestion that "people have to learn to be a little vague" implies a degree of ambiguity or uncertainty inherent in relationships. He acknowledges that not everything can be neatly defined or understood, and that it's okay to embrace a certain level of unpredictability.
    • This perspective encourages Xiao Yao to accept the complexities of human emotions and the dynamic nature of romantic relationships, rather than seeking absolute clarity or control. 
  3. Choosing the Right Person:

• Central to Huang Di's advice is the importance of selecting the right partner. He implies that finding someone who aligns with one's values, respects their autonomy, and shares explicitly mutual affection is essential for a lasting and fulfilling relationship.
    • By prioritizing compatibility and emotional compatibility, Huang Di emphasizes the significance of selecting a partner who genuinely complements and supports one another in his acts, words and heart.
  4. Mutual Respect and Understanding:

• Huang Di underscores the significance of respect and understanding in maintaining a long-term relationship. He suggests that as long as both partners treat each other with kindness, empathy, and respect, navigating the challenges of life together becomes more manageable.
    • This emphasis on mutual respect highlights the importance of fostering a healthy and supportive dynamic built on trust, communication, and compassion.

Overall, Huang Di's advices to Xiao Yao reflects a pragmatic and holistic approach to love and relationships. By advocating for simplicity, embracing ambiguity, prioritizing compatibility, and fostering mutual respect, he offers guidance on cultivating meaningful and enduring connections with others.

Conclusion: This chapter passage starting with  the anticipation of Jing's arrival, acts as a pivotal moment in Xiao Yao's emotional journey. It sets the stage for her introspection and exploration of her feelings towards Jing and on romantic relationships in general.  The whole beginning , serves as a catalyst for Xiao Yao's introspection on her emotional journey. It not only , as the whole opening part, highlights the significance of Jing in Xiao Yao's life - but also prompts her to confront her emotions and confront her deeply rooted fear of abandonment. It marks the beginning of her introspective journey.

Her inner struggle speaks to the universal human experience of grappling with vulnerability and the inherent risks of opening oneself up to love.

Ultimately, Xiao Yao's journey towards resolution lies in her ability to navigate  internal conflict-while she seeks to shield herself from potential pain, she also yearns for the warmth and connection that Jing represents. Her ability to understand and confront her fears - as she still wait (word used 3 times in the first paragraph ) . It is through all these struggles that she will discover the true extent of her resilience and her capacity for love.

(next analysis pending)

Part 4 -Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 and it's related ep.23:

CONTRASTS-DIALOGUES and an underwater breathing GIFT  

A/B=CONTRAST and comparaison of text passage with extracts:

EXTRACT - A. Just now, she didn't know why, she only thought about resisting Jing.
 Fang Feng Bei looked at her and asked, "What's the matter?"Xiao Yao said, "I suddenly remembered that my brother asked me to do something. I can't go out with you today. Can I make it up to you next time?"

(...)
As Fang Feng Bei left in an instant, Xiao Yao couldn’t resist rubbing her neck. She felt as if she had just overcome a disaster.

Sense of Relief: The statement "She felt as if she had just overcome a disaster" suggests that Xiao Yao experienced a sense of relief or release after Fang Feng Bei left. This implies that she felt at this moment unease with his presence  .
Xiao Yao's physical reaction of rubbing her is a bodily response triggered by the fear she  associated with Xiang Liu's bites. This association  stem from past experiences , and  the lingering threat he poses in her life. Therefore Xiao Yao's reaction to Fang Feng Bei's departure is influenced by this underlying fear, leading her to instinctively rub her neck as a reflexive response to the perceived threat.

EXTRACT - B: In the living room in the garden, a gentle breeze was blowing. The curtains fluttered slightly and the room was peaceful and quiet. Jing sat silently on one side without moving, seemingly lost in thought. “He is Tushan Jing now,Xiao Yao told herself, “not the unlovable and unwanted Ye Shiqi.

Setting the Scene: The description of the living room in the garden, with a gentle breeze blowing and the curtains fluttering, creates a tranquil ambiance. The use of sensory imagery, such as the gentle breeze and the quietude of the room, evokes a sense of peace and serenity.
Jing's State of Mind: The portrayal of Jing sitting silently on one side, seemingly lost in thought, suggests a contemplative and introspective mood. The lack of movement and his deep in thought demeanor indicate that he is preoccupied with something significant, perhaps reflecting on his past or contemplating his current circumstances.
Xiao Yao's Reflection: Xiao Yao's inner monologue reveals her shifting perception of Jing. By reminding herself that he is now Tushan Jing, she acknowledges his changed identity and status. The contrast between "Tushan Jing" and "Ye Shiqi" highlights the transformation Jing has undergone, shedding light on his character development throughout the narrative.
Character Interaction:
In excerpt A, Xiao Yao interacts with Fang Feng Bei, and her thoughts primarily revolve around resisting Jing. This interaction is immediate and involves external dialogue.
In excerpt B, Xiao Yao observes Jing silently, and her thoughts focus on his identity transformation. There's no direct interaction with another character, and the focus is more introspective.

Both excerpts offer glimpses into Xiao Yao's psyche, but they differ in terms of character interaction, narrative focus, and emotional depth, highlighting different and contrasted facets of her journey and relationships. We see also how B shifts the narrative focus inward, exploring  further Xiao Yao's inner thoughts and perceptions, providing deeper insight into her emotional landscape.
Immediate Response vs. Reflective Thought:
In A, Xiao Yao  react impulsively,  indicating a sense of discomfort or unease=> suddenly,disaster....
Meanwhile B suggests a definitly more contemplative and introspective mood, with Xiao Yao reflecting on Jing's transformation and her evolving feelings towards him=>gentle breeze, Xiao Yao told herself....

------@------

Further analysis:
Emotional Turmoil: Both excerpts highlight Xiao Yao's inner turmoil and conflict regarding her feelings for Jing. In Excerpt A, her immediate focus on resisting Jing suggests a sense of internal struggle . In Excerpt B, her introspective reflection on Jing's identity indicates a deeper emotional complexity as she grapples with her evolving mixing from past to present  feelings towards him.
External vs. Internal Conflict: Excerpt portrays Xiao Yao's external attempts to distance herself from Jing through her interaction with Fang Feng Bei, while Excerpt B delves into her internal conflict and contemplation as she observes Jing silently. This contrast underscores the dichotomy between Xiao Yao's outward actions and inner thoughts.
Character Development: Both excerpts contribute to the development of Xiao Yao's character by revealing different facets of her personality and emotional state. Excerpt A showcases her impulsiveness and tendency to act on immediate emotions, while Excerpt B demonstrates her introspective nature and capacity for deep reflection.
Let's explore the contrast between Xiao Yao's outward actions and inner thoughts in more detail:
The Outward Actions:
In Excerpt A, Xiao Yao's outward actions are characterized by avoidance and deflection. When confronted by Fang Feng Bei about her demeanor, she quickly tell her the excuse to not being able to prolongate further time with him. This action reflects her tendency to prioritize maintaining distance and conceal her true feelings and intentions - as it also serves to keep Zhuan Xu's request for Jing's help hidden. By providing an excuse to avoid spending more time with Fang Feng Bei, Xiao Yao prevents him from hearing about Zhuan Xu's demand for her to plead for Jing's assistance. This avoidance allows Xiao Yao to buy herself more time to navigate the complexities of her relationships and allegiances without immediate confrontation. No need to reveal sensitive information to Fang Feng Bei.
Similarly, throughout the narrative, Xiao Yao often resorts to a large palette of external actions such as busying herself with tasks or engaging in interactions with other characters to distract herself from confronting her emotions directly. This pattern of behavior suggests a reluctance to confront her true feelings and a preference for keeping her emotions guarded.
Inner Thoughts:
In contrast to her outward actions, Xiao Yao's inner thoughts, as depicted in Excerpt B, reveal a rich tapestry of emotions and contemplation. Here, she engages in introspection, reflecting on Jing's transformed identity and her evolving feelings towards him. This introspective narrative provides readers with deeper insights into Xiao Yao's emotional complexity and internal struggles.
Throughout the story, Xiao Yao's inner thoughts often reveal a conflicted internal landscape, characterized by a mix of longing, uncertainty, and fear. These inner conflicts reflect her internal struggle to reconcile her desires with societal expectations and her own sense of identity.
Dichotomy and Character Depth:
The contrast between Xiao Yao's outward actions and inner thoughts adds depth and complexity to her character. It highlights the tension between her public persona, characterized by strength and independence, and her private vulnerabilities and insecurities.
This dichotomy underscores the multidimensional nature of Xiao Yao's character, portraying her as a complex and multifaceted individual who grapples with conflicting emotions and desires. By revealing both her external facade and internal struggles, the narrative allows readers to empathize with Xiao Yao's journey of self-discovery and growth.           

-----@------
Conclusion on contrast in the text:
Excerpt A - Interaction with Fang Feng Bei:
Xiao Yao's response to Fang Feng Bei's inquiry is characterized by evasion and a desire to maintain distance.
The physical gesture of rubbing her neck after Fang Feng Bei leaves implies a sense of relief or tension release. This reaction suggests that Xiao Yao feels relieved to have successfully avoided a disaster, further emphasizing her discomfort in his presence.
Overall, this excerpt portrays Xiao Yao as guarded and evasive."she only thought about resisting Jing".
Excerpt B - Reflection on Jing:
In contrast, Excerpt B provides insight into Xiao Yao's internal thoughts and emotions as she reflects on her relationship with Jing. The narrative shifts to a more introspective tone, allowing readers to glimpse into Xiao Yao's inner turmoil and emotional complexity.In the living room in the garden, a gentle breeze was blowing. The curtains fluttered slightly and the room was peaceful and quiet.
The narrative portrays Xiao Yao as introspective and emotionally conflicted, highlighting her internal struggle to reconcile her feelings for Jing with past experiences and uncertainties about the future.“

He is Tushan Jing now,Xiao Yao told herself, “not the unlovable and unwanted Ye Shiqi.”These words from her inner thoughts reveal Xiao Yao's understanding of Tushan Jing's internal struggles and past experiences.These words reflects her understanding of his own  internal battles. Despite any past perceptions he may have had about himself, or still haven  Xiao Yao's love for Tushan Jing  stems from seeing beyond those insecurities and appreciating him for who he truly is. Therefore, while she acknowledges his past struggles, her love for him remains unwavering. This acknowledgment  also underscore her recognition how the transformation Jing has undergone since then - have lead to her current feelings of love and affection for him.  
                                                                                                  A GIFTExtract:
Jing liked to stay still and didn't like to move. In order to test the crystal, he even swam in the water for one day and two nights.
Symbolism of the Gift:
Jing's gift of the silver necklace with a purple gemstone symbolizes his thoughtfulness and understanding of Xiao Yao's desires. The purple gemstone represents rarity and fate, suggesting that their connection is unique and destined.
Xiao Yao's uncertainty about the gift reflects her skepticism and guardedness. She questions the ease of obtaining such a rare item, indicating her suspicion of Jing's intentions and perhaps her difficulty in trusting his gestures of affection.

Testing Trust and Boundaries:
Xiao Yao's inquiry about the functionality of the gemstone in water reveals her desire for reassurance and trust in Jing's intentions. Her hesitance to use the crystal suggests a fear of  her own vulnerability.
Jing's nervousness and caution in urging Xiao Yao to limit her time underwater demonstrate his concern for her safety and well-being. His willingness to test the crystal himself underscores his commitment to ensuring Xiao Yao's trust and comfort in their relationship. He offer her the crystal because he noticed her previous interest.
Subtext of Intimacy and Sacrifice:
Jing's admission of swimming in the water for one day and two nights to test the crystal emphasizes his dedication and sacrifice for Xiao Yao's sake. This act of selflessness illustrates his willingness to go to great lengths to earn her trust and affection.
Xiao Yao's acceptance of Jing's explanation and agreement to limit her time underwater signifies a tentative step towards intimacy and mutual understanding. She fully acknowledges Jing's efforts.

Her acting nonchalant stops. She is moved. All her efforts to keep guardeness fall to pieces....

Jing think she may not feel well...so she have to explain...

- Of course, our Jing even excuse himself ...:D!

(Drama ep.covering.)

****The novel extract continue: Suddenly, Xiao Yao fell on the table and buried her face in her arms.Jing was so shocked that he exclaimed, "Xiao Yao, Xiao Yao, what's wrong with you?""I'm not unwell, I'm just a little angry with you." Every time when she just became strong-minded, he always had a way to make her soften her heart. Was it because she took him home and saved him that she couldn't harden her heart towards him?****
Of course she knows  very well it's his presence and not her past acts that makes her having feelings for him: Xiao Yao's introspection reveals a profound realization about the nature of her feelings towards Jing, suggesting a conflict between her rational understanding and emotional vulnerability. Despite acknowledging Jing's influence on her emotions, she grapples with the ambiguity of her feelings and questions whether her past actions play a role in her inability to harden her heart towards him.
But she can only recognizes Jing's consistent ability to soften her resolve and stir her emotions, implying a deeper connection that transcends their past interactions. This acknowledgment suggests that her feelings for Jing stem from his present presence and influence rather than merely gratitude for her past acts of kindness.
***"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have appeared!"  Jing didn't know anything at all about Xiao Yao's complicated thoughts. He only knew that Xiao Yao was very unhappy now, but just now she was very happy when she was with Fang Feng Bei.***
This passage encapsulates the poignant disconnect between Jing's perception of Xiao Yao's emotions and the intricate web of feelings they  experiences in each other presence. Despite his apology and acknowledgment of her unhappiness, Jing remains unaware of the depth of Xiao Yao's internal turmoil and the conflicting emotions she grapples with.
Jing's apology reflects his understanding that Xiao Yao's current state of unhappiness is somehow linked to his presence, though he lacks insight into the underlying reasons for her distress. His admission that he shouldn't have appeared suggests a sense of guilt or regret for inadvertently causing Xiao Yao's unhappiness, indicating his genuine concern for her well-being.
However, Jing's limited understanding of Xiao Yao's "complicated thoughts" underscores the inherent difficulty in deciphering the intricacies of human emotions, especially in the context of complex relationships. While he recognize Xiao Yao's emotional state on a surface level, he lacks the insight to comprehend the deeper layers of her feelings and the complexities of their relationship dynamics.

To simplify:  he didnt hear any of her inner thoughts (covered in the precedent post): Extract-" Xiao Yao hadn't rejected Fang Feng Bei's advances, it was only because she knew that the news of her close association with him would definitely spread to every major clans. Jing must have heard this news too, and that was what Xiao Yao had intended. Xiao Yao didn't understand why she was thinking this way, but she was too confused to think about it. Since doing this made her feel happy, she continued to do it."

This sheds light on Xiao Yao's motivations and the complex interplay of emotions at play. It revealed that Xiao Yao intentionally refrains from rejecting Fang Feng Bei's advances not because of genuine affection but rather due to strategic considerations regarding the dissemination of rumors about her associations.
Xiao Yao's awareness of the potential repercussions of her interactions with Fang Feng Bei underscores her astute understanding of the political dynamics and social implications within their world. By allowing the rumors of her closeness with Fang Feng Bei to circulate, Xiao Yao manipulates public perception and strategically manages her image to achieve her objectives- reach out Tushan Jing ear at least...Xiao Yao attempts in long term to influence his perceptions and emotions, hoping to evoke jealousy, concern, a reactions that could potentially shift their relationship dynamics, and bring him back. It's like she wanted him to burst out and rush to her (which he did, even if his attitude is calm in surface).

As their misunderstanding reaches it's pic, and we readers, or drama watchers laugh on them both...
Finally, it's she who burst out:
Extract: Xiao Yao was so angry that she threw the bead in her hand at him, "You're such a fool. I really don't understand why those people think you are smart."
Jing didn't dare to dodge. He just sat still and didn't move. Xiao Yao began to be scare that the crysral would be damaged by her, so she asked, "What about the crystal?"
Jing hurriedly helped her look for it and handed the crystal that rolled on the floor back to Xiao Yao."It's not easy to break."

Analysis: 
Jing's Stoicism: In contrast to Xiao Yao's emotional outburst, Jing remains calm and composed. He doesn't react defensively or retaliate against Xiao Yao's anger. Instead, he maintains his poise and offers reassurance by helping her find the crystal and emphasizing its durability. Jing's stoic response suggests a sense of maturity and emotional stability, as well as a willingness to tolerate Xiao Yao's emotional fluctuations without judgment.
Symbolism of the Crystal: The crystal serves as a symbolic representation of their relationship and its fragility. Xiao Yao's fear of damaging the crystal reflects her concern about harming their connection or causing irreparable damage to their bond. Jing's reassurance that the crystal is resilient implies his commitment to preserving their relationship despite challenges or conflicts. The exchange surrounding the crystal symbolizes their efforts to navigate their emotions and maintain their connection amid adversity.
 Xiao Yao's Emotional Turmoil:
Xiao Yao's sudden outburst of anger and frustration reflects her inner turmoil and conflicting emotions towards Jing. Despite her efforts to maintain a strong facade, she finds herself unable to suppress her feelings when confronted with Jing's presence.
Her internal monologue highlights her struggle to reconcile her rational thoughts with her emotional responses. She questions whether her inability to harden her heart towards Jing is due to their past experiences together, suggesting unresolved feelings and a deep emotional connection.
Jing's Lack of Understanding:
Jing's genuine concern for Xiao Yao's well-being is evident in his shocked reaction to her distress. However, his inability to comprehend the underlying reasons for her anger underscores the communication barriers between them.
His admission of guilt and apology for appearing further demonstrates his concern for Xiao Yao's feelings, yet his lack of insight into her "complicated thoughts" emphasizes his limited understanding of her emotional complexities.
Physical Symbolism:
Xiao Yao's action of throwing the bead at Jing symbolizes her frustration and desire to express her pent-up emotions. Her fear of damaging the crystal reflects her underlying concern for their relationship and the consequences of her actions.
Jing's passive response of sitting still and not moving signifies his acceptance of Xiao Yao's anger and his willingness to endure her outburst without retaliation. It also suggests his desire to maintain harmony and avoid escalating the situation further.
Delicatesse-delicacy of the Relationship:
The exchange surrounding the crystal serves as a metaphor for the delicate nature of Xiao Yao and Jing's relationship. Despite Jing's reassurance that the crystal is resilient, Xiao Yao's fear of damaging it mirrors her fear of causing irreparable harm to their bond.
Overall, this passage highlights the vulnerability and complexity of Xiao Yao and Jing's relationship, showcasing their struggle to navigate their emotions and communicate effectively amidst misunderstandings and unresolved feelings.

He act soft but is strong/ she act strong but is soft. Both are a pair!

Last extract:
" Are you still thinking about canceling the marriage? If not, tell me before hand, so that I don't have to wait and keep the promise with you! "Jing said, "Xiao Yao, my grandmother has always loved and cared for me, so I must persuade my grandmother to agree."
Xiao Yao said, "I accept this fish purple crystal!"
Xiao Yao's acceptance of the fish purple crystal resonate as a symbolic of her acceptance of Jing's explanation and the circumstances surrounding their relationship. Despite her reservations and concerns, she chooses to acquiesce to Jing's explanation and the situation at hand, symbolized by her acceptance of the gift.

Part 5 -Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 and it's related ep.23-24: 

TOP SECRET -Reshaping the world:

As Jing have successfully persuaded Fenglong to help Cang Xuan, with a daring plan - a secret meeting is to be hold.

Not wanting to take credits for the plan, he leave it to his friend Fenglong to expose it to Zhuan Xu.

Extract: ."Feng Long waved his hand over the map, and the entire land of Da Huang shone brightly. He said in a loud voice, "I wish to see a truly glorious empire while I am still alive! Your name will be famous for thousands of years, and people will sing praises!"
Zhuan Xu bowed deeply to Feng Long. "Your words have awakened me from my dream. I will never forget this favor!"
The plan  revolves around the strategic acquisition of Zhong Yuan, a region of significant importance in their geopolitical landscape. Feng Long proposes giving up control of Xuan Yuan City, recognizing its limitations compared to the potential of Zhong Yuan. Zhuan Xu, inspired by the vision  Feng Long propose , expresses his willingness to pursue this ambitious goal, acknowledging the potential risks but also the opportunity for greater power and influence. The plan imply  convincing Huang Di, the current ruler, to allow Zhuan Xu to pursue this endeavor, with the ultimate goal of establishing a powerful empire that spans across Da Huang. Their plan is characterized by boldness, strategic foresight, and a willingness to take calculated risks.
Analysis:
The dialogue between Zhuan Xu, Feng Long, Xing Yue, and Jing reveals significant themes of ambition, strategic planning, and loyalty.

Strategic Planning and Ambition: Feng Long presents a strategic plan to Zhuan Xu, advocating for the abandonment of Xuan Yuan City in favor of capturing Zhong Yuan, which he believes holds greater potential for power and influence. He emphasizes the geopolitical advantages of Zhong Yuan's central location within Da Huang, positioning it as a pivotal territory that can provide control over vast regions. Feng Long's proposal reflects ambitious aspirations for expansion and dominance.

Geopolitical Analysis: Feng Long's detailed analysis of the geopolitical landscape, using a 3D map to illustrate his points, highlights the importance of strategic thinking in the pursuit of power. He emphasizes the evolving nature of territorial influence over time and the need to adapt to changing circumstances. This analysis underscores the complexities of power dynamics within Da Huang and the strategic considerations necessary for success.

Brotherhood and Camaraderie: Despite the serious discussion of strategic plans, there's a strong undercurrent of camaraderie and mutual respect among the characters. Zhuan Xu and Feng Long share a deep bond forged through shared experiences and common goals. Their interaction is characterized by mutual admiration and trust, as evidenced by their shared laughter and exchange of heartfelt sentiments.

Extracts: Their thoughts were aligned. The faces of the two young men were filled with dreams and passion, and they were unwavering in their determination to spare no expense. 

Zhuan Xu's heart was also filled with enthusiasm and regret. Although love between a man and a woman was deep, the brotherhood between men with a shared purpose and who had shed blood together was even more earth-shaking.  

Gender Dynamics: 
The passage briefly touches on gender dynamics, particularly in Xing Yue's reaction to Feng Long's dismissive attitude towards women's perspectives. Feng Long's remark reflects traditional patriarchal attitudes that marginalize women's contributions and insights. However, Xing Yue's silent admiration for Zhuan Xu's leadership and determination suggests a nuanced portrayal of female agency and empowerment within the narrative.

Extract: Feng Long looked at Zhuan Xu with admiration and laughed out loud. "Women will always be women. No matter how intelligent, they are still narrow-minded. How can they possibly fathom the ambitious thoughts and aspirations of us men?  

As all leave the meeting , Jing head to join Xiao Yao. 

The drama version - episode 24 choose to show a very displeased Zhuan Xu. He stops Jing not to further talk politics mathers, but to threat him, a knife in his back.

****  TUSHAN JING -A VITAL PLOT SHAPER****

Jing plays a pivotal role in several key plot points through chapter 15 and 16, significantly influencing the trajectory of Zhuan Xu's storyline:

1. Introduction of Feng Long and the Chi Sui Clan: In Chapter 15, Jing's actions lead to the introduction of Feng Long and the Chi Sui Clan to Zhuan Xu. This introduction marks a crucial turning point as it provides Zhuan Xu with access to a powerful ally and resource in his quest for power and survival. Without Jing's intervention, Zhuan Xu would have struggled to establish connections with such influential and as we saw hypervigillant influential figures, leaving him vulnerable in his political struggles. Extract: Zhuan xu about Jing: "If it weren't for him, how could I easily enter Feng Long's circle?" .

2. Saving Zhuan Xu's Life: During the same chapter, Jing's timely intervention saves Zhuan Xu's life when he is badly injured and under attack. This act not only demonstrates Jing's loyalty to Zhuan Xu but also highlights his ability to act decisively in critical situations. Without Jing's intervention, Zhuan Xu's fate would  have been drastically different,resulting in his sure death and altering the course of the entire story. Chi Sui Xian vital intervention was Jing's silent anticipation and move.Extract:For the first time, Xiao Yao understood that in the face of such a strong force, no plan would work. At this moment, no matter how ingenious a plan she and Xhuan Xu had, only a stronger force could save Zhuan Xu. Zhuan Xu was badly injured and fell to the ground.(...)Zhuan Xu replied, "I did have an escape route and I didn't die at Yu Xiang's hand, but if Fang Feng Bei really had let off an arrow, I don't have any confidence that I could have dodged it."
    Xiao Yao asked, "
    Why did Chi Sui Xian come to your aid?"->answer in pics below- showing it was Jings persuading Fenlong again to protect Cx. as the following intervention follow: Chi Sui Xian, dressed in green, emerged from the snowflakes falling from the sky. Her voice was icy cold. "If you want to fight, let us change locations."

3. Facilitating Zhuan Xu's Strategic Plan: In Chapter 16, Jing also plays a crucial role in facilitating Zhuan Xu's strategic plan by arranging a meeting between Zhuan Xu, Feng Long, and Xing Yue. Through his actions, Jing ensures that Zhuan Xu gains access to valuable resources and support, setting the stage for future political maneuvers and alliances. It is his plan, that he don't take credit for, that marks a crucial advancement in Zhuan Xu's goals and ambitions (showed and explained firstly by him with a 3D Map to Fenglong), made possible only by Jing's strategic planning, assistance and influence. Extract: Jing said to Zhuan Xu: "I think Feng Long and Xing Yue should be here in a little while. I have sent them news, as soon as they enter the city, they will immediately hurry up here quietly to meet with you. After they meet with you tonight, they will not come and see you alone again."(...)Feng Long stood up, waved his hand, and a 3D map of Da Huang appeared (the one Jing prepared)...Zhuan Xu bowed deeply to Feng Long. "Your words have awakened me from my dream. I will never forget this favor!"
    Feng Long glanced at Jing for a moment and then bowed deeply to Zhuan Xu. He smiled and said, "I dare not take credit for this!..."Feng Long laughed out loud and patted Zhuan Xu's shoulder.
     Jing said, "You all should leave now."

We clearly see how Jing's contributions to the plot are instrumental in shaping Zhuan Xu's journey, from  saving and protecting his life, forging critical alliances,  to securing strategic advantages. Without Jing's involvement, Zhuan Xu's path would have been fraught with greater challenges and uncertainties. Without Chi Sui Xian on place at the right time, he would be dead. All these points from recent chapters underscore the importance of Jing as a key character in the narrative. As a vital plot shaper.

Drama covering all points:

Chi Sui Xian intervention to save Zhuan Xu and Xiao Yao's life. Planned by Tushan Jing and the help of Fenglong.

Zhuan Xu strategic Plan theorie-craftfing with the 3D map:

Ep.17 show the arranged meeting between Zhuan Xu and Fenglong, possible with TSJ diplomatic skills.

Jing's humility and selflessness further are endearing him . Despite his pivotal role in shaping key events, Jing remains humble and modest, deflecting praise and recognition onto others. His willingness to work behind the scenes without seeking glory or recognition speaks volumes about his character and integrity. Who can but not respect Tushan Jing?

While some characters crave recognition and glory, Jing is content to labor quietly, knowing that his efforts contribute to the greater good. Whether it's devising strategic plans, offering support to his friends, or making sacrifices for the greater cause, Jing approaches each task with humility and dedication, embodying the qualities of a true hero.

Ultimately, Jing's humility, modesty, and willingness to work behind the scenes are central to his character's appeal.  His integrity, selflessness, and genuine concern for others are admirable. In Tong Hua's narrative filled with larger-than-life characters and epic struggles, be it simple family one -reaching epicness too... Jing stands out as a beacon of humility and virtue, reminding us that true heroism often lies in the quiet moments of selflessness and sacrifice. 

Part 6 -Exploration and analysis of chapter 16 and it's related ep.23-24:  The last chapter Part analysis- The part that could be named: You are here, I am Happy, You too...  

The passage begins with a tender exchange between Xiao Yao and Jing, as they discuss their impending departure from Xuan Yuan City. Jing's reassurance and invitation to visit Qing Qiu illustrate his genuine concern for Xiao Yao's well-being and his desire to share new experiences with her.
As their conversation continues, Xiao Yao expresses her frustrations regarding the lack of recent communication from Jing, prompting him to offer explanations for his silence. His reasons reflect his concern for a spy messing with the bottles he sends to her, and also his sense of responsibility and the challenges he faces in maintaining contact due to external pressures and clan-family obligations. While Xiao Yao's anger initially flares up, Jing's sincerity and honesty gradually soothe her concerns, leading to a tender moment of reconciliation between them.

KEY POINTS: 

Emotional Vulnerability: Throughout the passage, both Xiao Yao and Jing display a vulnerability that contrasts with their usual stoic demeanor. Xiao Yao's initial anger and frustration at Jing's lack of communication reveal her emotional investment in their relationship. Similarly, Jing's admission of his concerns about their safety and his willingness to endure personal discomfort for Xiao Yao's sake demonstrate his deep emotional attachment to her.

Physical Affection and Tenderness: The scene starts with Xiao Yao inviting Jing to spend the night with her, showcasing their close bond. Jing's happiness at the invitation is evident, and their subsequent playful interaction, such as drawing pictures together, highlights their intimacy and comfort with each other. Xiao Yao's gentle care for Jing, evidenced by her concern for his well-being and her tenderness while drawing his attention to his poisoning, emphasizes their deep emotional connection.

Trust and Communication: The dialogue between Xiao Yao and Jing underscores the importance of trust and open communication in their relationship. While Jing's silence initially triggers Xiao Yao's frustration, their honest conversation allows them to address misunderstandings and reaffirm their trust in each other. This highlights their ability to navigate challenges together and strengthens their bond.

Intimacy and Connection: The tender moments shared between Xiao Yao and Jing, such as Jing's gentle care for Xiao Yao's well-being and Xiao Yao's affectionate gesture of stroking Jing's hair, highlight the intimacy and emotional connection between them. These small gestures of love and tenderness serve to deepen their bond and offer moments of respite .Uncertainty and Longing: Despite their moments of intimacy, both Xiao Yao and Jing grapple with feelings of uncertainty and longing as they face the prospect of separation. Xiao Yao's admission of missing Jing and Jing's hesitant inquiry about her feelings reveal their shared apprehension about the future and their desire to stay connected despite the challenges they face.

Symbolism and Nostalgia: The exchange of drawings, particularly the lotus and butterfly, carries symbolic significance. The butterfly, mentioned earlier as a failed attempt at poison creation, represents Xiao Yao's past and her growth. Furthermore, Jing's drawings of rocks by the sea and peach blossoms evoke a sense of nostalgia and longing, hinting at their shared memories and unspoken feelings.
Vulnerability and Trust: Jing's vulnerability when he accidentally kisses Xiao Yao due to poisoning adds depth to his character. His immediate regret and concern for her well-being reveal his genuine feelings for Xiao Yao. Moreover, Xiao Yao's response to Jing's vulnerability reflects her trust and understanding of him, as she quickly tends to his needs and offers reassurance.

Symbolism of the Empty Room: The empty room, devoid of any meaningful distractions, serves as a canvas for Xiao Yao's emotions and desires. With nothing to occupy her thoughts, she is left to confront her bare feelings for Jing and grapple with the fear of his departure. The emptiness of the room symbolizes Xiao Yao's emotional state and the void left by Jing's impending departure. It reflects her sense of loneliness and longing.Shared Experience and Bonding: Xiao Yao's invitation for Jing to participate in her poison crafting process is a testament to the depth of their relationship and the intimacy they share. By involving Jing in her creative process, This shared experience allows them to bond on a deeper level, strengthening their emotional connection and mutual understanding.

Utilizing Jing's Skills: Xiao Yao recognizes Jing's skills and talents. By inviting him to participate in her poison crafting, she acknowledges his expertise and values his contributions to their shared endeavor. Jing's involvement adds a unique dimension to the creative process, infusing it with his own artistic flair and ingenuity. This collaboration enhances the quality and intricacy of their creations, elevating their craft to new heights.
Emotional Support and Comfort: Jing's participation in the poison crafting process serves as a source of emotional support and comfort for Xiao Yao. In the midst of Jing's impending departure and the uncertainty it brings, their collaborative efforts provide a sense of stability and reassurance to both. By working together, they find solace in each other's company and derive strength from their shared passion  for creativity.

Symbolism of Collaboration: The act of collaborating on poison crafting symbolizes Xiao Yao and Jing's willingness to confront challenges together and overcome obstacles as a team. They unite their efforts in pursuit of a common goal, being a loving team. It's a duo mater. As they demonstrate their unwavering commitment to each other and their shared aspirations. This collaborative spirit strengthens their bond and reinforces their mutual trust and reliance on one another.

Preserving their Connection: Through their collaborative creative crafting, Xiao Yao and Jing preserve their connection and keep each other close, even when the moments of physical separation will come. By intertwining their skills and creativity, they create tangible reminders of their bond and leave behind traces of their presence for one another to cherish (drawings/hankerchiefs/hair string).
Channeling Emotions into Art: By involving Jing in her poison crafting, Xiao Yao channels her emotions into her artskills and finds a deeper sense of purpose and direction. The act of creating poisons becomes a means of self-expression and catharsis for Xiao Yao, allowing her to confront her feelings of longing and uncertainty in a tangible way. Through their collaborative efforts, Xiao Yao and Jing transform their shared experiences into works of art, further strengthening their emotional bond: to look at their shape, scents and colors.

Reconnection with Self: Jing's return to creativity represents a reconnection with his true self and his enjoyement in all form of art. Passions, which have been suppressed during his ordeal. By rediscovering the joy and fulfillment found in artistic expression, he reaffirms his confidence in his talents and refresh his self-confidence,  beyond the pain of his past.

Symbolism of Poison Crafting: The act of poison crafting serves as a metaphor for Xiao Yao's inner turmoil and her quest for control . Just as she carefully selects and blends toxic substances to create visually striking poisons, Xiao Yao navigates the complexities of her emotions and seeks to find beauty and meaning in her pain and longing. The collaboration with Jing adds depth and significance to her craft, highlighting the importance of their relationship in shaping her artistic expression.

Handkerchiefs: The handkerchiefs laid out on the table symbolize Xiao Yao's connection to Jing and their shared memories. Each handkerchief serves as a canvas for their collaborative efforts in poison crafting, reflecting their bond and mutual understanding. But in a deeper level, the hankerchiefs are linked to another xiao yao and Jing's past memory.  As @Winny noted in ch.4: Xiao Liu want to rub his dirt all over Shi Qi so that he got some dirt on himself, so that he wouldn’t disappear into the wind and become like the cloud.  But instead, SHiqi  used the hankerchief to wipe the water from Xiao Liu’s face.....A past moment when she started to fear to loose him already. A past moment he gently wiped her face.Lotus design: In nature, the lotus flower’s roots sink deep into the mud of ponds and lakes. The flower itself bursts forth from murky waters, acting as a symbol of undying hope even in uncertain circumstances.As the flower perseveres through murk and mud to bloom above the surface,lovers have to persevere through difficult times, like arguments,delays, and come out stronger together.In the context of Xiao Yao and Jing's relationship, their collaboration in drawing the lotus with poisonous liquid reflects their willingness to confront the complexities and troubles involved in their love. Despite the dangers and uncertainties they face, their partnership and shared determination allow them to overcome obstacles and persevere through difficult circumstances. Like the lotus, their love endures and blossoms despite the challenges they encounter along the way.The lotus drawing becomes a poignant symbol of their resilience and commitment to each other, reminding them of the strength they possess as a couple to navigate through life's trials and tribulations. Through their perseverance and mutual support, Xiao Yao and Jing continue to grow and flourish, much like the lotus emerging from the depths of murky waters to reveal its radiant beauty.

Butterfly Drawing: The butterfly symbolizes transformation, growth, and beauty. Despite Xiao Yao's initial doubts about her artistic abilities, Jing's willingness to help and his attention to detail reflect his commitment to supporting Xiao Yao and enhancing their shared creative endeavor. Jing's smaller, more detailed drawings of butterflies demonstrate his care and consideration for Xiao Yao's vision, reinforcing their partnership and mutual understanding.
Remaining Two Pieces: When Xiao Yao gives Jing the freedom to decide what to draw on the remaining two pieces, it signifies trust and collaboration in their relationship. Jing's choice to paint a picture of rocks by the sea and a peach blossom further highlights his deep understanding of Xiao Yao's preferences and desires. The peach blossom, holds special significance as it is Xiao Yao's personal symbol,as for  the two rocks- it is their figures,  them both as reefs in water in chapter 14, the Dragon Bone Prison promise.
Implicit Communication: The exchange between Xiao Yao and Jing transcends verbal communication, with each brushstroke and glance conveying unspoken emotions and intentions. Their shared understanding and mutual support create a sense of intimacy and closeness, allowing them to connect on a deeper level through their creative expression.
Jing as Muse and Collaborator: In involving Jing in her creative process, Xiao Yao not only seeks his presence, but also draws inspiration from the feelings he inspire,benefiting from his own painting skills. As such, Jing's participation adds a unique perspective to their collaboration, enriching Xiao Yao's craft and deepening their emotional connection. As they work together to create something beautiful, they reinforce their bond and affirm their commitment to each other. They both share a creative mind.

Overall, theses scenes captures the essence of Xiao Yao and Jing's relationship, showcasing their ability to find solace and inspiration in each other's presence. Through their collaborative efforts in  crafting, they navigate the complexities of their emotions and forge a deeper connection that transcends physical distance. As Xiao Yao grapples with her longing for Jing and the uncertainty of his departure- and Vice Versa , sthey both finds comfort and purpose in their shared creative pursuits, reaffirming the strength of their bond and the power of their love. A brush, a poison and a hankerchief is quite enough to make them happy. 

Text analysis with extracts:
Extract:
Xiao Yao lowered her head and narrowed her eyes. She said softly, "I'm not stopping you to not having that in mind ."
Jing's eyes lit up as he looked at Xiao Yao. He immediately threw himself at her, pressing her down. His lips landed on the corner of her mouth. Jing barely had time to savor the taste before he was startled. His face turned pale. "No, I don't..."
He tried to sit up, but couldn't. Xiao Yao burst out laughing and flipped Jing over. "I know you don't normally, but you must have been poisoned. Why didn't you listen to me!"

This passage showcases a moment of intimacy and playfulness between Xiao Yao and Jing, infused with elements of humor and tenderness. Let's analyze the key aspects:

Xiao Yao's Response: Xiao Yao's soft and playful response to Jing's unexpected kiss demonstrates her comfort and familiarity with him. Despite being taken aback, she responds with laughter and teasing, showing her affectionate nature and their close bond. Her gentle admonishment for not listening to her warning about the poison adds a touch of humor to the situation.

Jing's Reaction: Jing's immediate and impulsive action to kiss Xiao Yao reflects his deep affection and desire for closeness with her. However, his sudden realization of own boldness causes him to recoil in shock and embarrassment, leading to a moment of awkwardness and vulnerability. This contrast between his initial boldness and subsequent vulnerability adds depth to his character.Humor and Playfulness: The interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing is also characterized by humor and playfulness, creating a lighthearted and enjoyable atmosphere. Despite the seriousness ( because of the hotness) of the situation, their ability to laugh and joke with each other demonstrates their emotional connection and mutual understanding.Trust and Care: Xiao Yao's concern for Jing's well-being, evidenced by her laughter and immediate recognition of the potential poisoning, underscores the depth of her care and concern for him. Her playful response to the situation reflects her confidence in their relationship and her ability to navigate challenges together with Jing. Similarly, Jing's vulnerability and admission of not normally acting impulsively reveal his trust in Xiao Yao and his willingness to be open and honest with her.

Overall, this passage captures a tender and humorous moment between Xiao Yao and Jing, showcasing their deep connection, mutual trust, and ability to find joy and laughter even in unexpected circumstances.Comic duo : Xiao Yao and Jing often find themselves in amusing and sometimes chaotic situations, where their contrasting personalities and humorous interactions drive the narrative forward. Their relationship is characterized by playful banter, unexpected twists, and comedic misunderstandings.
Adding charm to their characters and the story as a whole.
Xiao Yao and Jing's comic dynamic stem from their distinct personalities and the way they complement each other. As Xiao Yao is often portrayed as independent, witty, and resourceful, with a penchant for mischief and adventure. On the other hand, Jing is depicted as humble, steadfast, loyal, and somewhat reserved, with a strong sense of duty .

Their contrasting traits create a rich tapestry of interactions, where Xiao Yao's spontaneity and Jing's steadiness intersect to form a compelling partnership. Xiao Yao's quick wit and mischievous nature often lead them into amusing predicaments, while Jing's calm demeanor and protective instincts provide a stabilizing force in their relationship.

Their banter and comedic exchanges showcase their deep understanding of each other's quirks and idiosyncrasies, fostering a sense of intimacy that resonates with readers. Despite their differences, Xiao Yao and Jing share a mutual respect and affection that shines through in their interactions even in conflictual moments.In quoted extract,  Xiao Yao's remark, "I know you don't normally, but you must have been poisoned. Why didn't you listen to me!" showcases her quick wit and tendency to make light of situations, even in moments of vulnerability. Her laughter and playful response to Jing's unexpected action add a sense of levity to the scene.

While, on the other hand, Jing's reaction, characterized by his initial embarrassment and subsequent attempt to sit up, highlights his more reserved nature and adherence to propriety. But despite his serious demeanor, Jing's actions inadvertently lead to a humorous outcome, as Xiao Yao playfully flips him over.

This interaction exemplifies their comic dynamic, with Xiao Yao's playful antics serving as the foil to Jing's more serious demeanor. Their contrasting personalities create a delightful sense of comedy and spontanious joy in situation their contrasted personnality drives them into. Tong Hua created an endearing relationship. Notice please too....how many times she says "I talk too much" vs Jing said nothing.....:D!!!!
Extract:Jing closed his eyes and did not utter a sound, as if he was unable to move.
Xiao Yao placed a pill on his mouth. Jing moved his lips a bit, allowing the pill to enter his mouth.Xiao Yao said, "Will you not ask what is this?"
Jing did not say anything, so Xiao Yao said to him,
"Didn't you want to find the person who let you down? Take that handkerchief with the lotus drawing back and place it in a place where the person might search. You haven't drawn a picture for a long time. That person should find it strange and look at it carefully, wondering if there is a new message on it. Other people may not be able to figure out the message, but the poison will enter their bodies. There isn't any special medicine in this world that can detox all the poisons. The pill you just took can make you immune to some poisons for half a year. So, you can touch that handkerchief as you wish."
"Will the person die?"
"If you see blood on the throat. If you don't see the blood on throat, it's fine. Even if you see blood, you only need to cut off the lotus flower on the handkerchief and put it on the wound in time. With a good doctor, the person won't die.
"
 Xiao Yao sighed. "I know you will ask for the antidote. You're too soft-hearted!"
Jing did not say anything.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jing slowly recover from the poison in her arms
Extract: Xiao Yao took off his jade hairpiece, letting the smooth black hair on his head fall down. Her hands went into his hair, combing from the roots to the ends. Her hands felt the soft texture, even softer than silk. Xiao Yao asked, "Is it Jing Ye or Lan Xiang who washed your hair for you now?"
"Neither."
"Do you have any other personal attendants?" Xiao Yao almost wanted to tear his hair out."I'm not used to it, so I wash it myself."
Xiao Yao turned from anger to joy, stroking his hair gently. Jing was like a kitten being stroked, looking relaxed and happy. Xiao Yao pursed her lips and smiled for a while, then said to Jing, "Last time at the seaside, you were leaning on the side of the boat, your hair was spread out on your back, I also wanted to stroke it secretly."
The corners of Jing's mouth curved into a smile. He wanted to open his eyes to look at her, but Xiao Yao covered his eyes. "Don't, stay like this."
 If he opened his eyes, she would be embarressed. So Jing obediently closed his eyes. Xiao Yao played with his hair happily. She brought his hair to her nose and sniffed. It was still the herbal scent she liked. Xiao Yao murmured to herself, "It's been a long time since I washed your hair. Next time I will wash your hair for you. I will use the leaves of the hibiscus that I picked early in the morning and soak them in water all morning. I will wash it in the afternoon and dry the hair with the remaining sunlight. When smelling it, it will smell both the sunlight and the fragrance of the leaves."
                                                                                                        ***
This passage from the text is rich in symbolism and conveys intimate moments between Xiao Yao and Jing. Despite the serious context of their conversation,  their dialogue and actions create a light-hearted atmosphere. For example, Xiao Yao's initial frustration with Jing's response to her question about who washes his hair shifts to a more tender moment as she gently strokes his hair. Jing's contented response and Xiao Yao's playful mention of a past moment further contribute to the humor and warmth of the scene.Symbolism of Hair: Hair is often symbolic of identity, vitality, and sensuality in literature. Xiao Yao's act of combing Jing's hair symbolizes intimacy, care, and affection between them. It also suggests a nurturing role assumed by Xiao Yao, as she tends to Jing's physical well-being.

Removed Hairpiece: The act of removing the jade hairpiece from Jing's head symbolizes liberation and authenticity. By freeing Jing's hair from the confines of the hairpiece, Xiao Yao creates a moment of vulnerability and genuine connection between them.

Touch and Sensation: The tactile description of Xiao Yao's hands running through Jing's hair evokes a sense of physical intimacy and connection. The soft texture as silk  of Jing's hair symbolizes his vulnerability and the tenderness of their interaction.

Dialogue: The exchange between Xiao Yao and Jing reveals their familiarity and comfort with each other. Xiao Yao's initial frustration at Jing's lack of personal attendants contrasts with her joy at being able to care for him herself. This dialogue highlights their dynamic as equals in their relationship, where both partners care for each other's well-being.

Memory and Longing: Xiao Yao's reminiscence about a past moment at the seaside adds depth to their interaction, as it reveals her lasting  longing for intimacy and closeness with Jing. The imagery of Jing's hair spread out on his back symbolizes freedom and natural beauty, further enhancing the romantic undertones of the scene.

Sensory Imagery: The description of Xiao Yao sniffing Jing's hair and recalling the herbal scent suggests a connection to nature and the elements. The scent of hibiscus leaves and sunlight evokes a sensory experience that transcends the physical act of washing hair, symbolizing rejuvenation and renewal.

In summary, this passage uses symbolic imagery, sensory description, and intimate dialogue to depict a moment of connection and affection between Xiao Yao and Jing. Notice also the number of  natural symbols!. They play a significant role in conveying emotions, themes, and the dynamics between the characters. Here are some examples of natural symbols present in the text:
Hair: Jing's hair, freed from the jade hairpiece, symbolizes authenticity and vulnerability. By removing the artificial adornment, Xiao Yao touch Jing's true self, unfiltered and unencumbered. It represents a moment of intimacy and trust between them, as Jing allows Xiao Yao to see him as he truly is, without any social distinction. The act of combing his hair is a tender gesture of care and affection, reinforcing their emotional connection.

Hibiscus Leaves: The use of hibiscus leaves in washing Jing's hair carries layers of symbolism. Hibiscus is often associated with femininity, beauty, and purity. By choosing hibiscus leaves, Xiao Yao infuses the act of washing Jing's hair with themes of nurturing, renewal, and the restoration of natural beauty. It symbolizes her desire to care for him and enhance his well-being, both physically and emotionally.

Sunlight: The sunlight used to dry Jing's hair symbolizes warmth, positivity, and spiritual illumination. It represents a source of energy and vitality, infusing the scene with a sense of renewal and rejuvenation. The act of drying Jing's hair with sunlight suggests a natural process. It also underscores the natural process between Xiao Yao and Jing -  connecting both characters to the cyclical rhythms of the natural world.

Seaside: The seaside setting evokes a sense of freedom, tranquility, and boundlessness. It symbolizes the vastness of nature and the limitless possibilities that lie ahead. It references to this blissfull past moment at the seaside on the boat in ch.14 - adding depth to the scene, suggesting a shared history and a connection. It serves as a backdrop for intimate moments between Xiao Yao and Jing, highlighting their bond and the sense of peace they find in each other's company.

Extract ch.14: 

She saw Jing's hair, which she had just inserted her ten fingers into, which twisted into a mess.
At this time she could not even warned Jing, not even mention styling hair and clothes. Xiao Yao saw Jing standing up at one side. On the other side, he removed the hair crown. His long, raven-black hair flowed down like a heavenly stream descending from the nine levels of sky, covering his back, blowing in the wind . He turned a side and leaned against the bow of the boat, looking lazy, relaxed, and was looking at the dawn that has just revealed itself in the eastern sky. 

Herbal Scent: The herbal scent of Jing's hair carries symbolic significance, representing his connection to nature and Xiao Yao's affection for him. It evokes a sensory experience that transcends the physical realm, symbolizing emotional intimacy and closeness. The scent becomes a tangible reminder of their bond, enveloping them in a cocoon of warmth and comfort as she sniff. (below Xiao Yao sniffing the herbal sachet Jing crafted for her and gave her on the seaside boat trip - ch.14)Roots: The mention of combing "from the roots to the ends" suggests a deep, foundational connection between Xiao Yao and Jing. It symbolizes their strong bond, rooted in shared experiences and emotions.
It signifies Xiao Yao's intention to care for Jing in a comprehensive and holistic manner, embracing all aspects of his being. By starting at the roots and combing all the way to the ends, Xiao Yao symbolically tends to Jing's entire essence, encompassing his past, present, and future. This gesture underscores her commitment to nurturing their relationship from its very foundation to its fullest potential. It also reflects her desire to understand and support Jing in every aspect of his life, fostering a deep sense of connection and unity between them. Thus, the act of combing "from the roots to the ends" becomes a powerful symbol of love, care, and wholeness in their relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this very short passage there are no less than 15 natural elements:
Hair (Jing's hair)
Hibiscus leaves
Sunlight
Seaside
Herbal scent
Jade
(material)
Head
Roots
Silk (
texture)
Kitten 
(animal)
Lips
Eyes
Nose
Water
Leaves

All these natural elements all contribute to the sensory experience described in the passage and help create vivid imagery in the reader's mind.

Last Extract:

XiaoYao's eyes were tightly shut, and her bright red lips were slightly parted as she slept soundly. Jing couldn't help but let out a secret sigh and smiled faintly.
The next morning, when Xiao Yao woke up, there was a blanket draped over her body. She looked at the table, where the items were all neatly put. There were only three handkerchiefs left. Xiao Yao sat up and was about to reach for the handkerchief when she felt something in her hand. She looked down and saw a lock of hair, which was wrapped softly around her finger. She thought that before Jing left, he didn't want to disturb her, so he had cut off his hair.
Xiaoyao looked at the hair wrapped around her finger in a daze for a moment and then lay down. At this moment, she didn't know where he was anymore, but there was only a lock of hair left to make her heart distracted.

The hair string left by Jing for Xiao Yao adds a sensual dimension to their relationship, emphasizing the physical aspect of their connection. 

Symbolism of Intimacy: The act of cutting off a lock of one's hair and leaving it as a token of affection is deeply intimate and symbolic. By giving Xiao Yao a piece of his own body, Jing expresses his profound emotional attachment to her. This physical memento serves as a tangible reminder of their bond and signifies Jing's desire to remain close to Xiao Yao even in his absence.Sensory Experience: The tactile nature of the hair string evokes a sensory experience for Xiao Yao, as she feels the soft texture of Jing's hair wrapped around her finger. This physical sensation creates a visceral connection between them, heightening the intimacy of the moment. Additionally, the act of touching and holding the hair string allows Xiao Yao to experience a sense of closeness with Jing, despite their physical separation.
Evocation of Memory and Longing: The hair string serves as a potent symbol of memory and longing, invoking past moments shared between Xiao Yao and Jing. As Xiao Yao gazes at the lock of hair, she is reminded of their time together and the depth of their connection. This evocation of memory intensifies her feelings of longing for Jing, emphasizing the emotional impact of his departure.
Expression of Devotion: Jing's decision to leave behind a piece of himself for Xiao Yao underscores his unwavering devotion to her. By sacrificing a part of his own body, Jing symbolically pledges his commitment to Xiao Yao and expresses his willingness to endure separation for the sake of their relationship. This act of devotion deepens the emotional resonance of their bond and reinforces their mutual love and affection.The hair string left by Jing for Xiao Yao adds a sensual and intimate dimension to their relationship, symbolizing their emotional connection and physical closeness. Through this tangible token of affection, Jing expresses his profound devotion to Xiao Yao, evoking a sense of longing and intimacy that transcends physical distance.
Jing also symbolically reciprocates the intimacy and care she has shown him, while she combed his hair "from roots to it's ends". It's a way for him to leave a part of himself with her, ensuring that their connection remains tangible even when they are apart. This act reinforces the bond between them and signifies Jing's willingness to share himself fully with Xiao Yao.
 While this act is also celebrating the beauty and intimacy that can be found in everydays simple gestures of love and affection.

Navigating LINKS:

Prologue & Chapter 1: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?page=1

Chapter 2: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?page=2

Chapter 3 : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?page=2 &https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/122339-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2928519&page=3

Chapter 4 : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?page=3

Chapter 5 : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2929973&page=4

Chapter 6 : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2931067&page=4 

Chapter 7 :https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2932103&page=5

Chapter 8 :https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2933193&page=6

Chapter 9 :https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2934021&page=9

Chapter 10: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2937913&page=10

Chapter 11: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2944787&page=11

Chapter 12: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2950115&page=12

Chapter 13: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2959463&page=14

Chapter 14 : https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=2990417&page=15

Chapter15: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=3006365&page=18

Chapter 16:https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/122337-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?p=3022047&page=19