yes  the way parents protested about it shows parents think high school student  just study and do  sports and  they dont see their kids have grown up and instead of educating them for most natural thing  they are avoiding it .  the way coach  is not wrong in giving condoms . even if people act like high school student do not have sexual active life we all know its not  true . its better to be safe than sorry .

Personally I think proper sex education (including sex orientation) should start in middle school (around 12-13 yr. old aka typical age of puberty) then continued the first year of high school and all students regardless of gender should be given condoms and birth control. Just because you give someone a condom doesn't mean they're going to go right out and use it, especially if they know the risks and consequences of having sex. There's zero reason not to do this, so many accidental pregnancies / abortions could be so easily prevented if people would stop pretending like sex isn't a thing.  

Unless is a typo where I saw it it was said it was to one girl not boys.

i think more than condom ... it needs to also have corresponding knowledge that needs to be thought in primary , middle, highschool .  gradually the act will be discussed in 1st year highschool when they are beginning to form interpersonal relationships. but this is south east asia. everything is backwards.