Okay!!! This is only my opinion. I'm not judging, just expressing my own opinion.

After watching first 8 episodes, I only can tell that it's a complete different drama but not a sequel of Go Go Squid. Yes, they used the character Wu Bai from GGS,  but I think that's only for hype, only for publicity. Aside from the character Wu Bai, I didn't find any other link to Go Go Squid.

My exact thought is Dt. Appledog's Time is just another sports related drama, but not the sequel of Go Go Squid. And I'm watching it in that way.

Appledog and some of the team members are technically also the "same characters" they just changed their actors

It was the same characters name but different actors and Han Shangyan was seen in the following episode from time to time. It is already Dt and Appledogs time so we'll not gonna expect that we will see Han Shangyan and Yian Yian all the time. It's Wu Bai and Ai Qing's time to shine.

Its not a sequel, it actually starts before ggs timeline but overlaps with it as well.  Its more closely based on the novels than ggs as well

DT and Appledog was actually the main charterers from the novel.  Go Go Squid 1 was their spin off.

tk_iva:

DT and Appledog was actually the main charterers from the novel.  Go Go Squid 1 was their spin off.

Thanks for sharing...

I feel pretty much disappointed with this one. The timeline is overlapped with Go Go Squid and it destroyed (at least for me) everything. When they changed the e-sport from CTF to robot I already felt weird about it and I ended up could only bear to watch until episode 10 and could not continue anymore because it was so boring for me.

I am sorry for those feeling this show not good.  for me it is the best show I watched so far. I re-watched it almost every week. 

you can just consider it as a stand alone by itself.  this show for me is much better than the 1st one.

the emotion in the show is second to none.  

I can list here many scenes. for example, the one where DT looking at A walking up the stairs in her broken shoe. think of how he feel. 

tk_iva:

Where can I get the english translation of the novel?

Xiao Zi:

Where can I get the english translation of the novel?

It's actually adapted from two novels.

God's Left Hand: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/gods-left-hand/

Fish Playing While Trapped in a Secret Room: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/fish-playing-while-trapped-in-a-secret-room/