The similarities between the two movies ends just with "the theme" and that "it's good", so don't go comparing.

It's a really good and interesting movie with excellent performances by Suzu Hirose and Tori Matsuzaka for example, HOWEVER! I understand that the movie was getting a bit long, but IMO the director "ruined" it on the montage floor with his cuts.
If the production company re-releases this movie on a "Director's Cut" with just 4 extra minutes including two essential and fundamental scenes to make the story more clear (still ambiguous enough, you still have to think to figure out) this movie would be perfect.

While this don't happen you can already watch it to complain with me (and many others in the comments)

https://mydramalist.com/705861-nomadic-moon

SnowRegret:

I love this movie. It's stunning, unusual and brave.

However, I would argue that this is not a movie "about a pedophile" because that is NOT what the main character is. It is a movie about PEDOPHILIA and society's hysterical/pea-brain/fearful response to even the mention of that word.

All the horror and tragedy in this film springs from fear, stupidity and self-righteousness, not from anything tangible. Human beings are great at burning people at the stake first and asking questions later.

Yes,  that's why I wrote this in the first place.

But talking about pedophilia in Japan... they're too lenient. It's just a problem if it becomes too public.

SnowRegret:

Well, I don't get why you wrote "about a pedophile" if you don't think the guy's a pedophile. 

And this movie certainly did not portray Japan as being "too lenient" regarding pedophilia. The culture and the law crucified this guy endlessly for something he never did. For something the alleged victim confirmed over and over he did not do. How is this "too lenient?" Or are you saying the film is not an accurate representation of this problem in Japan?

I wonder if other's are all misunderstanding what I wrote as much as you.

Didn't you noticed that I wrote "about a pedophile"  between quotation marks? I was hinting that I was  not really saying what I was typing, I didn't want to give direct clear spoilers. That's why I mentioned the other movie, The Hunt. That one is also a story "about a pedophile".. wink, wink, get it?

About the "too lenient", I was not talking about the movie, I was talking "in Japan".

Like I said, you misunderstood.