The bands like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees,  Candlebox, Stone Temple Pilots, Mudhoney and Mother Love Bone...

Grunge music was underground by mid 80s under the Sub-pop label, even though Mother Love bone shaped the grunge sound we know, with Nirvana's Nevermind killed the whole Hair Metal era and made popular 1991 hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit." 

Sadly, Grunge Movement only last for 4 years which ended with Kurt Cobain's death in 1994. 

Personally, I like all the bands that i mentioned above however my all time favorite band is Alice in Chains which had a super talented singer Layne Staley who passed away in 2002 due to drug overdose.

Drugs played big part in Grunge Movement. Depression was the main theme. However not all grunge bands wrote songs about depression unlike Nirvana and Alice in Chains. Those bands were Soundgarden, Mudhoney and Pearl Jam had more punk/metal and soft rock sound. 

For me, grunge is the best genre that made in 90s. It's the sound of 90s for me.

My favorite songs are:

Alice in Chains  - Would?

Nirvana - All Apologies

Soundgarden  - Outshined

Pearl Jam  - Alive

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

Mudhoney - Touch me I am sick  ( this could be considered as punk rock though)

And more that I can't recall the names atm.

I'd like to write more but I don't want it to be a long post. What is your favorite song or songs from Grunge era?

I didn't dive deep into grunge but I do love 90's sound. In that Era the opportunity to listen to these songs in the place where I live was so little other than those that made to the radio. We had to borrow cassette from friends if we don't have money to buy it ourselves. Our knowledge of the bands relying on what circle we were in. I remember borrowing Pearl Jam's album because I liked Daughter but in the end none of the other songs stick to my head...my taste for music back then was more into punk, brit rock, alternative and anything melodic...so Pearl Jam was somehow a bit "heavy" to me at that time.

On the other hand, Nirvana's style was more easy on me as they always have killer guitar riffs in their songs. I like Lithium, Heart Shaped Box, In Bloom among others. I think grunge get more exposure to the world after Cobain's death though. Alternative genre also become more popular after his death.

Didn't listen to STP but I really love Interstate Love Song and for Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun always aired in the radio that the melody still stuck in my head until today. 

Bonus: This song was made in 2020 

I think Pearl Jam is the less heavy compared to other grunge bands and Alice is Chains is the most heavy XD they're even considered as heavy metal by first album, Facelift or maybe early Soundgarden with Badmotorfinger. Tendouji sounds cool, I like this recent release from a Chinese band keeping alive the 90s grunge spirit.

Taste for seasoning, add salt only if needed. If your soup is too thick, you can add a some boiling water to it, if needed on https://testmyspeed.onl/ .