Thanks to you too! Thanks for the last drama you wrote in as well, because of course I'll be watching older stuff together with all these great dramas from the last few years! :)
In my opinion the dramas worth watching are:

2014:
Bad Guys
It's Okay, That's Love
Healer

2015:
Splash Splash LOVE
Reply 1988
Kill Me, Heal Me

2016:
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Age of Youth
Another Miss Oh
Beautiful Mind
Cheese in the Trap
Dear My Friends
Marriage Contract
Page Turner
Signal

Soooo....I've obviously REALLY loved 2016. xD
-Healer
-Kill Me, Heal Me
-W
-Descendants of The Sun
-Cinderella & The Four Knights
-Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
-Another Miss Oh
-
Let me add some stuff that people have yet to mention, in case you're interested. These dramas are not necessarily buzz-worthy, but I find them very good in terms of quality.

Japan:
Shitsuren Chocolatier (2014): a guy went to France to become a chocolatier for the girl he loved, and when he returned, said girl decided to marry someone else and asked him to make her a wedding cake--the drama is full of emotional/romantic entanglement and people acting stupid because they don't even know how they truly feel

River’s Edge Okawabata Tanteisha (2014): a detective agency that receives any request from their clients; I found it a very unique drama that shows the nature and unpredictability of people's desire

Petero no Souretsu (2014) [and it's "prequel", Namonaki Doku (2013)]: basically, it's about a guy who ended up "playing detective" out of necessity (because he was asked to), and came to realize more about human nature than he bargained for; I know someone had mentioned these, but I'm including them because they seem to fly under the radar here

Long Goodbye (2014): a crime story set in post-war Japan (1950s, I think) adapted from a Raymond Chandler novel; stellar acting and production value

Gomen ne Seishun! (2014): a high school teacher is secretly wracked by guilt because of a wrongdoing he did in his youth; it's written by Kudo Kankuro, so expect many quirky characters

Aoi Honoo (2014): a young man goes to an art school in Osaka and finds out that's he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is--because Anno Hideaki (of Neon Genesis Evangelion fame) keeps thwarting him in every turn

Mondai no Aru Restaurant (2015): a group of women starts a restaurant and takes on misogyny head-on

Tenno no Ryoriban (2015): the story of a man who became the first Western cuisine chef to head the Imperial Kitchen

Kokoro ga Pokitto ne (2015): after a divorce and losing his job, partly because a nervous breakdown, a man swore to keep himself to himself, until he met a kindly antiques dealer and a high-strung woman

Date (2015): a rigid overachiever and an educated idler go on a series of dates to decide whether they're compatible with each other for marriage--with hilarious results

Dakara Koya (2015): an under-appreciated housewife goes on a road trip

Kazoku no Katachi (2016): two young professionals living in the same apartment building trying to deal with their meddling parents

South Korea:
Valid Love (2014): a couple facing a crisis in their marriage

She Was Pretty, Oh My Venus, Splash Splash Love, Novoland (Chinese)

Have fun catching up!!
> "Jane A" -- Excuse me?!  Please explain your "I'm super picky cause I'm American" which to me implies that Non-Americans are not picky = not having good taste?     I've lived in USA for over 55 years and I don't watch any "live TV" now because too many of the shows have humor that I consider crass or tasteless … or contain sexual content that does not do anything to move the stories forward.
Signal
Age of Youth
Dear My Friends

Nirvana in Fire
Kill Me, Heal Me
Six Flying Dragons

Healer
Battle of Changsha
It's Okay, That's Love
+1 @shiu545's comment.

I'm australian.  I was living in a foreign country and started watching asian dramas because everything on my TV was american and really crappy.  People don't have good taste in drama just by virtue of the country they're a citizen of. what a ridiculous statement.
That's LITERALLY not what I meant. I'm white American, just picked up Korean dramas so I'm picky with what I like cause its a culture shock for me, a new experience and certain tropes and dramas like makjangs aren't my cup of tea. Has NOTHING to do with taste as a citizen, more of the fact that its a new world for me and so I'm picky. 

Stop getting your panties in a twist, y'all are so dramatic
Jane A-
I didn't think your first comment was that bad, but the one you made just now was rather rude and uncalled for...
Thank youuu! Every time I check this thread, you have added so much more amazing series! There's so much I missed, but it also makes me happy because i have so much to look forward to! :D
Yes, I am one of the few Ajummas here.  Although I did not even know the ABC's when I first came to US and was put right into a 4th grade class = a case of "swim or sink,"  a nationwide test I took only three years later as a seventh grader showed that I had the reading comprehension of a college freshman.    I felt obligated to reply to your comment for ONE reason only ... you included the words " ... cause I am an American."  Therefore, implying what?
Also an ajumma. I think it implies unaware privilege in full bloom