So, I've seen a few Chinese/Hong Kong movies, but I am not so informed on Chinese TV series. So what are some of the best out there? Preferably finished airing, and that are really good. Are dramas like Memory Lost worth a watch? Genre doesn't matter, I can watch pretty much anything, well, maybe not some hardcore romance stuff, if the romance is cheesy and not realistic I mean.

Since you have My Way as one of your faves, I suggest you start w/:
--- Battle of Changsha --- excellent
--- The Disguiser --- 

Chinese are best at Historicals and these are very good:
--- Scarlet Heart / Bu Bu Jing Xin ---  Intrigue w/ clever female
--- Sound of the Desert  --- romance-centric 
--- Nirvana In Fire --- very little romance ... amazing

Chinese also known for Wuxia:
--- Prince of Lan Ling --- 

There is also fantasy genre, now very popular, but I won't recommend any.

If you do NOT want cheesy non-realistic romances, stay away from the very popular:
Love O2O... Boss & Me ....  My Amazing Boyfriend  .... Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms / Eternal Love 
Epic:  Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan, Nirvana in Fire, Three Kingdoms

Greatest impact: Battle of Changsha 

Modern drama: Boss and Me ( watched this at least 3 times), Surgeons ( awesome medical drama)

Fantasy: Ten Miles of Peach Blossom ( really romantic)
Eternal Love is a must watch and definitly a good choice for newcomers.

a656a20a1489bcbc04f95f782df991db.jpg

8e1ef1f735a036e13b73f2a38060135d.jpg
nirvana in fire is the only chinese drama i have seen yet. and i 100% recommend it, but not as the first series. its length and the pace of story telling might backfire. but if you dont have any problem like that then dont sit around  watch episode 1
It's funny how Nirvana in Fire seems really good.
@Supesharisuto: It is really good! It was in fact my first Chinese drama and it was just so awesome and I really liked it. The story, the acting, everything comes perfectly together.
go princess go - hilarious and short.
The journey of flower
Cruel romance
lady and liar
Love Me If You dare
Sealed with a kiss (not for everyone as includes domestic violence but if you can get past that, the show is excellent)
Nirvana in fire
battle of changsha
too late to say i love you
love 020
Supesharisuto I agree to those who vote for Nirvana in Fire. I feel you because Im a new comer also and I started to watch c-dramas last month, but I never regret it. TBH I cannot  go back to kdramas because of amazing story of chinese drama. don't hesitate of the length bec. u will crave for more.. :)

Best Chinese drama: Nirvana In Fire..1000000% recommended :). If you read my comments to other threads about this one, I'm really hesitating to watch this, but this became my best c-dramas ever. No boring part, the plot was well written, no loophole, fantastic casts. everything, Trust me.and trust the rating.

Best-Sino Japanese era-definitely Battle of changsha. Im in the middle of watching The Disguiser and im enjoying it.:)

Thriller: Love Me if you dare. This is the gateway why I watch c-dramas right now. This one is amazing..! :)

Fantasy Romance Drama- Journey Of the Flower After I watch this one it took me a week before I can get over. It really struck my heart... 

There's so many dramas out there. What I love about c-dramas is because of a unique story. Really enjoying it so much.. :)