I want a drama where one character is straight and another one is Lesbian/Gay/Bi. If both them were straight at first then it will also be okay for me. 

It will show the pure struggle that one has to go through the process of realization.

I also don't mind for having spoilers. Any nation is okay for me. 

One of my recommendations is:

Kiss Me Again 

This show is one of my ultimate favorites, it is just so cute and I really love the PeteKao storyline.  This drama goes over one of the main characters (Pete), struggle with realizing that the person that he truly likes is a man (Kao) and not the girl (Mint) that he thought he had feelings for. One thing about this show is that if you want to only watch the LGBT PeteKao storyline then you will have to skip a good amount of moments in the drama that are the other  main character’s storylines (Which are about straight relationships). Although the sequel to this drama, Dark Blue Kiss, focuses only on the PeteKao ship and other gay storylines.

Dark blue kiss, Theory of love, Sotus S, 

@catedd thank you ^.^
I am definitely gonna try this one <3
and after that I'll be watching dark blue kiss thanks to @jiminiasha ^.^<3

• Addicted Heroin
  • Sotus
  • Love By Chance

Hello hello, sorry I'm using someone else's thread but I thought it would be better then starting anew, since the question is basically the same! XD

So, I've watched a lot of BL and LGBT dramas (M/M) but I was wondering if there is some story with lesbian characters too. I totally understand the fact that BL are made for straight women so we get the cool idols and a lot of fanservice and that's ok; BUT I was also very happy to see many positive LGBT dramas lately too, so I was wondering if there are (well-written) lesbians lovestories out there too.

(Just for reference, I would say my favourite LGBT/BL series were "Your name engraved herein", "Life", "Gaya sa Pelikula / Like in the Movies", "Night flight", "I told sunset about you")

Thanks!

@gaia Here are some recommendations of dramas I’ve watched that involve lesbian relationships:

Out of Breath

Yes or No

And here’s some I haven’t watched, but they seem to be well-written and good: 

Love my Life

The Handmaiden

GentleRain:

Sotus

Oh boy Oh boy

I went on a dramablock because of Sotus. It's GEM!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Gaia:

Hello hello, sorry I'm using someone else's thread but I thought it would be better then starting anew, since the question is basically the same! XD

So, I've watched a lot of BL and LGBT dramas (M/M) but I was wondering if there is some story with lesbian characters too. I totally understand the fact that BL are made for straight women so we get the cool idols and a lot of fanservice and that's ok; BUT I was also very happy to see many positive LGBT dramas lately too, so I was wondering if there are (well-written) lesbians lovestories out there too.

(Just for reference, I would say my favourite LGBT/BL series were "Your name engraved herein", "Life", "Gaya sa Pelikula / Like in the Movies", "Night flight", "I told sunset about you")

Thanks!

Sameeeeee!!

I wanted to watch GL for so long! 😔😔😔

Fujoshi, Ukkari Gei ni Kokuru I just started this so I don't know how it will end but so far it has what you're asking.

Cate:

@gaia Here are some recommendations of dramas I’ve watched that involve lesbian relationships:

Out of Breath

Yes or No

And here’s some I haven’t watched, but they seem to be well-written and good: 

Love my Life

The Handmaiden

Thanks! I'll put them on my watchlist and start watching immediately! <3

Okay, here we go:

Pearl next door (Bisexual, Lesbian, minor Poly rep) - internet love triangle during covid (Filipino)

3 will be free (Gay, bisexual, Poly rep, Trans rep) - Hard to explain, involves violence and prostitution and getting hunted down?? It's hella good anyways (Thai)

Friend Zone (Season one: Gay rep, Season two: Gay rep, Lesbian rep, Asexual rep) - Group of friends (adults) navigating life, mostly romance and friendship (Thai)

Hormones (Season one: Gay rep, Bi rep, Season two: Gay rep, Bi rep, Lesbian rep), Season three: Lesbian rep -  High schoolers, really good tbh (Thai)

The Stranded (Gay rep, Lesbian rep, Bi rep) - Group of teens stranded on an island and some weird shit happens (Thai)

The Boy Foretold by the stars (Movie, Gay romance, Bi rep, large focus on discovering sexuality and also the aspect of being religious along with it. I'm not religious myself but I found the viewpoint to be interesting.) - Camp love story I guess? (Thai)

I told sunset about you (Gay rep, Bi rep) - you've probably seen it but I wanted to include it anyways because it's a cinematic masterpiece. If you haven't: it's a deep and emotional gay friends to lovers romance (Thai)

In between seasons (Gay rep) - Movie, more on the deeper side of sexuality and acceptance and the such, Might make you cry (Korean)

Itaewon class (Trans rep) - The rep is small but it surprised me and it's a really good show, and the rep was done soooo well (Korean)

Like in the movies (Gay rep, Bi rep) - MASTERPIECE. Literally so good. It's a gay romance, but more than that it's a story of realizing yourself and self acceptance. It's really beauitiful

Moment at Eighteen (Gay rep) - Small rep, but really good. Simple high school life and romance plot. I liked it a lot. (Korean)

Reply 1997 (Gay rep) - Same thing as Moment at Eighteen but older, and with a slightly different concept and vibe (Korean)

Restart after comeback home (Gay rep) - Move, gay romance. Just another good self discovery/romance plot (Japanese)

Your name engraved herein (Gay rep) - Movie, very large focus on self discovery, takes place in the past long before gay marriage was legalized in Taiwan, so it's mainly about the love between two men and how society affects it. (Taiwanese)

~ ~ ~

Tried recommending ones with other lgbt rep, and then some BL that aren't as well known (and are actually good haha)

Hope this helps (Some of the rep are spoilers for the shows so I covered those ones)

- oh also, I saw someone recommended the Handmaiden, just a warning: good plot, but extremely graphic like verrrry mature.

Thanks @Kcitkat!

I’ve actually seen some of the ones you suggested already, and agree on your statement about them being masterpieces. <3

Recently I saw “Life as a girl” (trans lesbian lead played by Shison Jun) and I was so pleasantly surprised too! 

Many dramas out there are managing to depict LGBT issues and stories in very interesting ways... still I would love to see more lesbian content but it’s ok, we’ll reach that point too, little by little. :)