Hi all,

I fell in love with Mo Dao Zhu Shi, was such an interesting experience to get so involved in a love story that I couldn't identify with, and I am listening to the OST daily in memory of it and awaiting season 3.

I would love to explore more of this style of story telling, after watching loads of Japanese anime, with the Chinese historical fantasy setting, large cast, interesting plot and deep connections, but  am less intrigued in the BL genre.

Would anyone have any recommendations like Mo Dao Zhu Shi/Untamed, but with a heterosexual romance for the MCs?

Thanks,

Jahan

I liked General and I . It has a decent romance and a strong heroine. But it's not supernatural.

Probably Ashes of Love  is more similar to the Untamed.

Thanks Martar,

If it's historical then that's also cool, no need for magic, although great when it is there!

If you're looking for an epic historical fantasy romance that's not BL, then I recommend The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983).

I seem to be recommending this a lot recently.  I guess it's a good match for many different requests.

Thank you! I actually read the first book in the official translation and loved it, not sure if I want to spoil myself by watching before reading, but this is exactly the type of vibe I am looking for!

If you already read the first book, then it won't spoil it.  The drama is only based on the 1st of the 3 books (but there are sequels based on the 2nd and 3rd book).