I love Cheng Yi but hate the angst and noble sacrifice that happens often in xianxia.  A touch of angst and misunderstandings are ok but when it drags for a million episodes and the leads end up getting more and more hurt for no good reason my blood boils. 

Feel free to spoil it for me but is there a satisfying happy ending to Immortal Samsara? Is there a ton of heartache on the way?

For reference, Love and Redemption frustrated me with all the gaslighting and the leads staying apart for lame reasons. Ancient Love Poetry was lovely but then the prolonged lack of communication towards the end made the finale seem rushed.  Love Between Fairy and Devil or The Eternal Love of Dream was better balanced for me.

Should I give IS a try?

"The ending is actually very uplifting. All Ying Yuan's life, he thinks that he didn't deserve to be alive because he was born of a sinful father. However, his very own existence became the salvation of the world. He answered this world with his love even though he had to give up his own." YIng Yaun sacrifices himself. I guess some people think this is a bad ending but i dont really like or dislike it but its not a happy ending. If your interested go for it watch it but i wouldnt have my hopes up for a very "Happy" ending.

For me Love and Redemption was a 10/10 and Immortal Samsara was a 9/10. I don't particularly care for angst/noble idiocy trope but I can tolerate it to a certain point, especially if there is a happy ending. I personally thought the angst in Immortal Samsara was even more unbearable than the angst in Love and Redemption. Yan Dan's character suffers a lot in Immortal Samsara. But there are a couple of special episodes that give Immortal Samsara a happy ending. Just know that it's a heart wrenching story for a good part of the show.

Thank you so much everyone for your help! I loved the couple and world of Love and Redemption but if this is even more angsty, I don't think my heart can take it right now. I'll give it a pass.

You're welcome! I do think it's worth a watch you just have to be in the right mindset for all of the angst. XD

DramaticUnnie , I prefer IS better than LnR. If you want mature love which is do not lack of misunderstanding and not childish one, you must like IS. All the lead also smart along their journey. Relationship among friends and relatives is good to see here.Go for it if you want mature love and relationship.The ending is satisfying, don't forget to watch special episode.

Sfw92 I'm going to take the plunge and start it today! I just finished episode 1 and it already grabbed me more than the first episode of Ashes of Love.