I know subbed versions of ep 4 havent been released yet but i was so excited by the performances i had to make this discussion as quickly as possible! So im basing this purely off the performance video's uploaded on Mnet's channel. 

My ranking as of episode 4:

1. ONF
  2. The Boyz
  3. Oneus
  4. verivery
  5. pentagon
  6. Golden Child
  7. TOO

I found putting them in order extremely hard, my 1, 2 and 3 couldve all been first and my 5,6 and 7 couldve all been in a different order. But i do feel there was quite a clear gap between third and fourth. I made quite a lot of notes on the performances because i knew i would be overwhelmed and forget everything, sorry if this gets a bit long!

ONF - yes im probably a bit bias because im a Fuse. WOW though, i dont think i breathed for the whole performance. It was gorgeous, the violins, the etherial sounds in Wyatt's rap, the stunning dance break with Yooa. It felt like i was in an old french or italian movie. The rearrangement was just beautiful, they really utilised the strings perfectly, i couldnt have asked for more. Definately my first place 

The Boyz - I literally screamed when i realised they were carrying on a storyline, genius! Id vote for them purely to see the end of their story. Their stage arrangements particularly stand out to me, their use of the space and each other is brilliant. I got serious Les Miserables vibes, the epic battle, it felt like i was in a musical. Awesome! 

Oneus - Talk about stepping it up! I was so worried for them but they killed their performance. Very clever going for such a different concept from everyone else (a lot less serious), they stood out and nailed the party vibe (if you saw my previous opinion on Pentagon's Very Good you'll know what i mean!). The arrangement was fun, the use of the fans was beautiful, Hwanwoong was so powerful. Top 3 worthy in my opinion

Verivery - I loved the intro and outro, the super aggressive guitars captivated me. Definitely did better than last week, however i feel they couldve stretched the horror concept further? Maybe im too used to seeing Vixx going full out horror but it felt a tiny bit restrained. Apart from that they picked a good song, very good!

Pentagon - i already talked about their performance in the last discussion. Very cute, VERY emotional!

Golden Child - Honestly i feel a bit bad for Golcha, their concept was similar to ONF so it was unfortunate they were straight after them. I did really like their performance, seems like orchestral is becoming the popular theme! It really enhanced the chorus, and was the guy who played the violin doing that live?! INSANE! I wasnt too keen in the intro, to me it felt completely disconnected from the song.  It was very beautiful again, really nice.

TOO - bless  TOO, they didnt have many songs to choose from! I did like the concept, and the battle style dance break was really cool. I felt a bit bad for the guy holding the scales, he didnt really get to take part in much of the stage (was he injured?). To be completely honest, at points i couldnt tell the members from the backup dancers, i wont judge them on that though because it couldve just been me! The rearrangement was very sweet though, all round good!

Sorry about that, the performances were all brilliant this week and i cant wait for episode 5. Though unfortunately weve got the elimination :(

What did you all think? What is your personal ranking, why? Anything you liked, perhaps not? And who do you think will be going next week? This is a judgement free zone,  I look forward to discussing with you guys again :)

and please dont be put off by my slightly obsessive analysing haha

also! anyone else seen the spoilers on twitter for who was eliminated? Ill only discuss it if anyone else knows what i mean 

Hi! My ranking would be (in a super biased order):

1. Oneus

2. Pentagon

3. The Boyz

4. Golden Child

5. ONF

6. Verivery

7. TOO

I liked all of the stages a lot except for Verivery and TOO's? but it's because of the song choice, the concepts and the choreographies were breathtaking. I love Oneus and Pentagon so much and they picked songs that I adore so it was so easy for me to rank them lol. Competition-wise though...I'm conflicted with the use of the tearjerker card? Maybe for Pentagon and the fans it's a beautiful way of saying goodbye to Jinho (when will I stop crying about this ;_;) but from an outsider's pov it could seem an easy way of getting votes. They definitely delivered but next to the other stages their performance might be the weakest?  I'm not doing a prediction ranking but I think The Boyz will get first again (totally deserve it), although I'd like to see the rankings change (for a more dramatic effect lol). Honestly in the end everyone did their best and no one deserves to get eliminated, although I was expecting for the elimination to be this week and...nope, we'll have to wait until next Thursday!!!

mrspartypoison:
I liked all of the stages a lot except for Verivery and TOO's

ooh interesting ranking, i agree its hard not to be bias! I thought i was the only one a bit underwhelmed by VV and TOO's  performances, im happy im not alone. Bless Pentagon were very sweet, i think just out of human sympathy Pentagon will rank high, their performance felt like a breath of fresh air amongst all the darker concepts :)     I couldnt agree more, next episode is going to be heartbreaking and they all did so well :((

Catico:
their performance felt like a breath of fresh air amongst all the darker concepts :)

It certainly did...I tend to like more high energy and upbeat music/concepts so I was a bit sad when almost everyone picked darker and/or slower songs D:

Lol i'm an Complete outsider haha.

You all liked TOO's the least but i actually liked it alot, i think they really did their best, for me they were deffinetly upper half material. 

The Boyz deffinetly slayed and deserve first place by far in my opinion. And that's not just because i am an Deobi, but they really slay in every aspect, they don't just perform a song they make a complete act with a deep story, they arranged the song really well... i really liked it. 

My least favorite performance wise was Pentagon's, but the emotion in it was really beautiful which made me really like it. Ah choosing a ranking is really hard, all these groups really grew since the start of RTK... I'm slowly starting to stan them all. They're all so unique, i love it. <3

Chalanadejager:
You all liked TOO's the least but i actually liked it alot, i think they really did their best, for me they were deffinetly upper half material. 

i think this round people will have quite varying rankings because all the performances were quite different, its more down to personal preference. No doubt they threw everything into it

I agree with The Boyz, the storyline concept is *chefs kiss* perfection! Thanks for giving your opinion :)

Chalanadejager:
Ah choosing a ranking is really hard, all these groups really grew since the start of RTK... I'm slowly starting to stan them all. They're all so unique, i love it. <3

A whole mood. I started this show for Pentagon and Oneus, but knowing it would be impossible for me to finish it without stanning the others.

mrspartypoison:

A whole mood. I started this show for Pentagon and Oneus, but knowing it would be impossible for me to finish it without stanning the others.

Lol SAME. I am into the Boyz and Oneus but i already stan TOO as well, and having interest in others, it's no fair why do they all have to be so good, multifandom problems hahaha

mrspartypoison:

Same! I came into this for Oneus and Pentagon but I think I'm gonna stan everyone, especially The Boyz, TOO, and maybe ONF.

For some reason, it was harder to rank this round. Last time there was an easier distinction. I think its cause episode 3 had some of the best performances overall (the boyz, too, onf) but this time they're ALL good medium-wise; nobody did too bad or too good. I bet all the boys are tired omg :( it looks like it was back to back challenges. 

1. onf/the boyz- REALLY like the song choices from both omg I'm gonna listen to we must love often !! and the puppet concept was so cool esp with yooa's edition!! Never gonna forget The Boyz stunt moves when they raised the flag GOOSEBUMPS & love how they carried the storyline too!! The scenes where the crown was stolen then taken back were so cool and visually appealing.

2. golcha/oneus- I already know these songs, I might've been biased especially for Wannabe, I freaking love that song. Violin edition was gorgeous. Oneus was the party vibe I was looking for, I still feel like they can do so much more?? IDK maybe I have high expectations from Hwanwoong.

3. verivery/pentagon - I think the nightmare concept was so cool. But I feel like they could've done SO much more with it. Still I like the part where the dude turned the other dude's head while it made a creak noise lol and the ending when he woke up!! Pentagon ofc pulled off the cute and emotional concept really well,, I love shine and they had some really good moments. (Already mentioned previously).

4. too - I honestly really liked this despite it being last on my list. This could even be 3rd with vv and pentagon. When I saw the jacket idea,, it scared me bc it looked so risky but I still thought they'd pull it off cause they practiced right? My heart broke when it failed. Chan, it wasn't your fault, I'm rooting for you dude!! You can still tell they're really good dancers. The concept was weird tho, I feel like they should've just went with the purple/dark theme cause it looked cooler and matched the song. And the scale concept felt weird when the dude kept walking with it while everyone around him fought, it was underwhelming.

And yes!! I heard about the spoilers for who's gonna be eliminated :( They all did good this round it makes me sad. 

ncteez:
For some reason, it was harder to rank this round. Last time there was an easier distinction

Mmmm...I feel like maybe for the first performance everyone was more relaxed? unlike this one, since the results basically determine if a group stays or leaves, so they went all in. 

ncteez:
And yes!! I heard about the spoilers for who's gonna be eliminated :( They all did good this round it makes me sad. 

I cant believe of all the groups to go it would be them?! Who's going to give them reactions now? Thinking about it there are some groups who are less likley to be eliminated purely because this show is by Mnet.... once the results are officially out next week ill share my opinions but there are some i dont think Mnet wouldnt dare eliminate! 

I totally agree with all your rankings, especially VV and TOO, their concepts couldve been executed a lot better but i appreciate the effort :) I feel Oneus are holding something back too... i dont know what it is but it feels like they have a hidden spark, im just waiting for them to take everyone by surprise. . 

mrspartypoison:
since the results basically determine if a group stays or leaves, so they went all in. 

Makes sense!

Catico:
I cant believe of all the groups to go it would be them?!

Noooo I forgot about how they give all the reactions especially jangjun :((( I've been watching golcha videos these days they're so funny

AND YES SPILL THE TEA ABOUT MNET SIS!! Is it cause of PD101?

ncteez:
AND YES SPILL THE TEA ABOUT MNET SIS!! Is it cause of PD101?

haha i wish my opinions could be more interesting, but i just have good feeling about who wont be eliminated! 

im sure TOO wont, lets be real theyre only in the programme because they were on Mnet's survival show, eliminating them would be like shooting themselves in the foot! I hadnt thought much about PD101 but im interested that Oneus and The Boyz are collabing for the next performance. Do you think there'll be bias because of PD101? seeing as they got caught out, bringing it up could be super controversial, we'll have to wait and see! But im almost 100% certain TOO wont go.