I've been (slowly) learning Korean since 2016. I kept looking at Tae Min's nameplate and I couldn't read it other than his family name 강 (Kang). On the other hand, Tae Ho's nameplate was crystal clear in plain ol' regular typeface Hanguel (Korean alphabet). So I asked the native Korean speakers over at HiNative. com by posting an image of Tae Min's nameplate. I asked "What does it say? And why don't the letters look like the letters that I've learned?"

The answer I received is   " It seems that the owner, 강 태민 [Kang Tae Min], may prefer a unique or artistic touch."

Some of the commenters here on MDL brought it to my recollection that Tae ho had mentioned in some of the early episodes, that his mom loved Tae min so much because he was artistic like she was. Image of Tae min's nameplate

Interesting point - I always thought it was like Korean cursive/script than block Hangul, but never really looked at it.  This is the first time I've heard  of HiNative.  Perhaps I can use them to figure out one of the notations is on the KBS Character chart - again, the notations appear" hand-written" rather than "typed".

When TM and TH were at the art gallery in an early episode, TM said that if he hadn't been born into Taesan, hemight have become an artist like TH's mother.  TH replied" That's why Mom liked you alot.  It almost made me jealous"  At the end of the convo, TM said "Let's try to get along. . .".  It was a very nice scene.  And, of course, there have been several other references to TM's love of art.   

Thanks for the info.

Can you include the name plate images if you have them.  

Thank you both for the enlightenment. 

I did try to attach the image at the time that I posted but I couldn't do it. I'm trying again right now but it keeps giving me an error.  Wait! I think it let me attach it as a link. 

Tae Min nameplate