[SPOILER ALERT: I'm stating my opinion after watching 8 (out of 32?) of the drama! Don't read if you haven't started it yet, since it may have minor spoilers!]

I just feel like somewhere along the line, things will go very wrong with our poor soul mechanic. Woo Joo is already on the verge of breaking-down....  so it's not too near-sighted to say she will get herself ruined if she keeps losing all the important things to her, she seems so vulnerable as a patient too.

Episode 7, also revealed that our warm-hearted Soul Repairman is still suffering from an incident happened 8 years ago! (The feels there was intense!) And it has to do with Borderline Personality Disorder, which makes him to strongly avoid getting involved with that case again! Yet he did, and he has too much on his mind already!

Last but not least, exposing us to all the mental health problems in itself is quite heart-breaking even when it's happening to the supporting characters, imagine it happen to the main characters, it can overwhelm us with sadness!

But there is hope, just like they agreed on, " A bad doctor is one that gives up on his patient " I don't think Shi Joon (aka Soul Repairman) is the type to give up on his patient. they should have the last laugh together.

I see where you're coming from. 

I personally view Woo Joo as a chance of happiness for him.

I stated in a comment before that he seems to be very emotionally hurt, he has issues with his father and seems to get emotionally attached to his patients (maybe that's why he is still deeply affected by the loss of his patient from 8 years ago). He tries a lot to help his patients, putting his own struggles aside (he doesn't seem to have any other interests or hobbies. In the recent episode where he had his patients removed from him, he was struggling to stop doing research and stop checking up on his precious patients). This makes me believe that he is trying to keep his sadness and struggles to himself (At the end of the most recent episode Woo Joo was trying to talk to him about what was upsetting him but he refused to talk about it, resulting in her getting explosive later on aha). I think Woo Joo's anger will also push him into expressing what's on his mind, I doubt that with her explosive personality, she would allow him to be struggling after how much he has helped her (trying to help her with her condition, and finding her a job which she can use her explosive personality in, whilst also using her acting talent).

Woo Joo has the same condition that his dead patient had. This gives him the chance to face his past, which will probably also lead to him being more open about his struggles and sadness. This drama also has a romance tag, so i'm guessing they're telling us that they will eventually fall in love? 

I think that losing his patient will make him not want to give up on Woo Joo, he will definitely try and avoid it. And as I stated before, she will probably become someone important to him later on in the drama.

So in conclusion I don't think the ending will be tragic, instead I think our two main leads will heal each others past wounds and they will grow closer together, eventually forming a romantic relationship, :)

\\ This is just my theory though //

Thank you so much for the clear explanation on your theory and I honestly hope for that sort of development in the story, I had read your earlier comment, and after watching the latest episodes, I suddenly thought of such theory, I was just emotionally driven to think of that. not something that I would hope for.
Of course, the development so far has been great and it's tending to go closer to the healing side, rather than breaking apart. I just think they will go though a lot to get there. they are both very wounded and have been bottling up so far.

I'm hoping for their best, they are so adorable, their gazes, their smiles. And their chemistry is already soo amazing :))

I also saw a lot of truth in your theory :)

Of course even though I personally think it will go more to the healing side your theory may be correct. I think this story will contain a large amount of hardships, not only for the patients but for our main leads. I think these hardships and the revealing of their emotions will make this story much more realistic and emotional for us as viewers.

I can't wait to see how this story will unfold, even if it has a small chance of having a sad ending :)

itscelina :

I also saw a lot of truth in your theory :)

Of course even though I personally think it will go more to the healing side your theory may be correct. I think this story will contain a large amount of hardships, not only for the patients but for our main leads. I think these hardships and the revealing of their emotions will make this story much more realistic and emotional for us as viewers.

I can't wait to see how this story will unfold, even if it has a small chance of having a sad ending :)

Thank you for the follow-up :) and yeah let us wish the very best to the awesome staff and put our trust in them for creating a beautiful story nevertheless! I can't really wait...

I don't think we have to worry about a tragic ending. It's quite possible that we could get a shocking death somewhere in the middle of the series but I don't think it's gonna happen to our leads. I think this drama's main idea and Soul Repairman's role in the whole series is to convey the author's feelings what they wanted to convey through this drama. This drama is called "Fix You" or "Soul Repairman" and I feel that's what the drama is trying to achieve. Scarring our main characters with tragic endings won't be able to do that. 

I feel like the 5th (9-10th) episode showed that those two characters are capable of helping each other, helping each other heal. 

Totally agree with your point, especially what Han Woo Joo did in the latter part of the episode was such an amazing feat, she did something only she could do, to heal him. and I am now very hopeful that's where the direction goes.

Thanks for the clarification :)

from my experience with watching dramas I am sure this will not have tragic ending 

Kudo_Lelouch:

from my experience with watching dramas I am sure this will not have tragic ending 

Yeah, that's true...Let's hope for that then.